Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Boodil, My Dog (Owlet Book)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Truly one of the most peculiar and adorable dogs on earth is the Bull Terrier. The illustrator captures not only the breed, but the unique personality of the book's subject, Boodil. Like all terriers, she's playful, odd and opinionated. She calls the shots and while others who don't know Boodil may think she's disobedient or a bit dim, her owner knows different.

A positive spin is put on all of her antics. She is a strong-willed child who is obviously deeply loved and appreciated, warts and all.

The illustrations are so sweet and hilarious, you'll find yourself wondering if you shouldn't add a Bull Terrier to your family. The cute little pink highlights on the thin fur around her muzzle and belly are just to die for. Boodil is a good dog, and a good book.
review image review image
on January 4, 2000
A perfect pairing of text and illustrations make this an outstanding book that both children and adults can appreciate on different levels. When we first got the book, my 5 yr. old took the child narrator's view of Boodil at face value and didn't see the discrepancies suggested in the illustrations. Now, at 7, he's enjoying it even more as he can appreciate the humor. The author pokes fun gently at the less-than-objective ways we see our pets. Anyone who's been kept by a dog should enjoy this book.
As a first grade teacher I have read many books to my students. No book has compared to the reaction I received with this one. My children laughed so loudly the assistant principal came down the hall. The pictures tell a story in itself. I don't know who enjoyed the story more, the children or myself? I do know there is nothing more enlighting than to see children laughing and enjoying books.
on February 21, 1999
The juxaposition of words and illustrations create a heart-warming, comical book. This 34-year-old kid can't help but smile at each turn of the page. Dog lovers will truly love the quirky Boodil and his faithful owner. It's a keeper!
on September 11, 1998
This is my favorite dog book! I love how the child narrator thinks that the most mundane characteristics of his dog are wonderful and unique. The irony between the narration and the pictures is great!
on August 27, 2003
I was given this book when I purchased by bull terrier who fits the sketches of Boodil exactly. The description of Boodil and my dog Willie could not be more exact. This book is a delightful description of a bull terriers exact personality. It is an incredible book which will bring laughter along with great entertainment for all ages. I hope she continues to write more about Boodil.
on October 21, 1997
This is a great book for a child. The text is simple and consistant, allowing for theatrics in the reading. The pictures of this interesting, if homely, dog are also well done. In the story, you are taken into the slightly fantastic world in the thoughts of a child with the reality revealed in the pictures. I read it over and over to my little girl.
on December 5, 2012
This is a MUST HAVE for all Bull Terrier lovers!! Boodil is the "classic" Bull Terrier. For those of you who have owned one, you know what I mean.
Charming story....hard to say who enjoys it more, the kids or the adults!
on September 26, 2002
What a truly wonderful story! As a children's librarian, I place Boodil up there with Carl and Daisy. Its a hoot!
VINE VOICEon September 3, 2000
Boodil is a lovable dog who looks mostly like an anvil headed English bull terrier. (English bulls have anvil shaped heads). Her owner ascribes all kinds of traits to Boodil, none of which apply. The gentle irony, the great illustrations and the adorable dog are all requisite ingredients for a nice story.