Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Tikes

on January 5, 2014
We already had the 8.5 inch boogie board and love it. So decided to get the 10.5 inch as well, figuring the larger surface would be useful for helping kids with homework, general notetaking and just plain fun (as the 8.5 inch is). The difference between the 2 products is like night and day. While the writing on the 8.5 glides like butter, the 10.5 inch requires you to press hard just to get something to show up -- not ideal for something that is supposed to be impromptu writing and fast notes -- you should not have to also think, "am I pressing hard enough with the stylus." We returned and exchanged the first 10.5 inch tablet, thinking it was a fluke, but the replacement is the same. We reached out to the manufacturer twice and still have no response, even though they did answer a question about something else in the meantime, so we know they can be responsive when they want to be.
on September 13, 2011
I have been using the original boogie board for several months and bought this as soon as I saw it. I have had the 10.5" version for several days and have used it for several hours cumulatively. It is the same as the original but bigger. I use both of the original and 10.5" to do math problems with my son. This version gives us more room to write. We used to use "doodle pros" but the original version isn't much more expensive than those, has higher fidelity, and ironically is much studier. Anyway, my only complaint is that I pictured it being bigger (it is of course 10.5" DIAGONALLY which is much smaller than a piece of paper) and I am not sure that I would paid that much more than the original costs, if I had thought through the actual incremental area increase.

I really appreciate the other differences. Not sure if I will ever drain the battery in the original, but with this one, I won't even think about it, since I know I can replace it. The stylus holder is perfect and was really lacking on the original. You can also attach it with a cord (which I didn't realize) but the stylus holder seems good enough that I won't do that.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2012
This product has been extremly useful in college. I use it almost every day to do my online physics homework, so that I don't waste paper doing the work for problems I don't have to turn in. It's also fun to sit around and draw with when I'm bored.

I've had mine for two months, and using it almost every day there is no change in performance. The writing is perfectly legible (I'm not sure why some other reviewers say it isn't) and I have a picture I took here: [...]that shows how clear the contrast is. It may be hard to read when there is a direct glare, but that's almost never the case.

It's very thin, as well. I mean EXTREMELY thin. It fits almost everywhere. I've noticed that some people have a problem with it and its usefulness, but they were probably expexting more than they got. That being said, it's basically a piece of paper that you can reuse a large number of times.

All in all, I recommend it to any student, given how useful it is to me.
on May 26, 2013
I had the 8.5 inch version of the boogie board before this, and I used that product for a few years. One day, it stopped erasing consistently. Turns out the battery had died, and it's not user replaceable, even after prying the thing open. I decided to upgrade to the 10.5, and I'm glad I did.

A few advantage that make this product worth the added cost above the 8.5 original:

- Lock button. No more living in fear of having my doodles and notes disappear by accident.
- Erase button. On this unit, the erase button is a discrete button, whereas the other boogie board has a flat button that's simply part of the frame, so it's harder and less consistent to press.
- Batteries. Takes AAAA batteries, which are not always easy to find, but are designed to be user replaceable. A definite advantage.
- Larger. Not by a ton, but enough to give more room to jot, doodle or whatever.

I keep this product by my desk at work. I used to go through so many little scraps of paper (1/4 sheets), just with temporary little notes, phone messages, etc. Now I just write things down, use them until I need them, and then <poof> they're gone, and I have a clean slate to start over.

Utility aside, I'm also a doodler, and this thing is great for making little doodles while stuck on a boring call, etc.

Would recommend, despite the people that are disappointed that you can't erase just certain portions.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
This product is great:
1) decent size screen- 10.5 inch
2) replaceable batteries- AAAA is odd size but you can order them from online
3) stylus is fine tip (this allows me to write small, so I can fit more text on the screen)
4) saves trees

So why is this not 5/5 stars?, well I deducted two stars for the following:
1) too much glare on the screen, makes it difficult to read what you write
- if you plan on using it at home, then you can adjust the lighting
- I mostly use mine at the lib, the florescent bulbs causes annoying glare
2) overall the contrast is not very good- readable but at times under bright lighting it can be difficult
3) 59 bucks seems expensive

** I don't know why people complain about the fact that this does not save, if you must have the saving feature then buy the Boogie Board Rip- 120 bucks, note that this has smaller screen (9.5inch vs 10.5 inch)

Overall the product is great, but 2 marks deducted for above reasons.
on May 23, 2014
I didn't see any other reviews with the same problem and I will attach a picture with this. So I get these random dots on the screen when you write somewhere on the screen. It's a present for my nephew and I hope he doesn't notice but if I were to have kept to for myself, it would have driven me nuts.
And that's the second one I got as a replacement. the first one had the same problem--actually worse than the current one. Thought I got a defective product.
Other than that, the board is a great concept. They just need to make certain of the quality check. I would have loved to have had this in med school. No idea how much paper I wasted and the marker boards always have those tiny black dust particles after you erase...
Please fix the screen dots, it would have been a 5 star product had it not been for the quality of the screen.
review image
on June 12, 2013
This item was purchase for my dad who had throat surgery and couldn't talk for weeks. He used this to communicate. He loved it. Its durable and easy to carry around. However, I heard you can't clean it with Windex and have to use compact disc cleaner. Just hard to clean, otherwise the whole family loved it.
on October 11, 2012
I bought this product because I was looking for an answer to the many notes which I took while on the computer. Often I would jot down a website address, password, etc. on a small sheet of paper and then discarded the sheet when I no longer needed it. No more. With the Boogie Board I have an electronic sheet of paper which is always available for short term use. It is good for what it is - an alternative to the short-term note.
on February 22, 2012
I got tired of erasing and re-writing a million times attempting to figure out equations. This was the perfect answer to my problem since all I have to do is press the button and bam, it is clear and I can start over and try it differently. Definitely worth it for the bigger one because the screen was not as big as expected but big enough.
on January 3, 2013
This model features the replaceable battery in it. Product works as designed. I have been using it for work because I am always writing on paper and then throwing away entire notebooks full of scribbles at the end of the month. Now I use this device and just write on it daily as things come up; notes, reminders, IP Addresses, etc.. The product included easy to use instructions and a screen cleaning cloth. Nice little bonus. The product does sometimes pick up my hand prints as I am writing things, but they come across as light water marks, or closely resemble a really light water drop looking mark. It does not distract from the notes that are still written on the device. Of course better hand placement and then you do not have any marks on the screen. While you can take notes all day, you have to consciously write smaller as the level of fine writing is limited due to the size of the stylus. I can almost always get thru the whole day with a single page, but for taking 8 hour classes you will probably switch back to paper for the day. This model does not feature any way to get the pages off of the device electronically. What I have been doing is taking a picture with my iphone and then saving it to Evernote (Free) so that I have a synced copy for reference. This has worked great. I would definitely buy it again as it is a good product and delivered exactly what they said it would. Thanks.