5.0 out of 5 stars Boogie Songs
These are the songs that come with the Wii Boogie game

Black Eyed Peas -- "Let's Get It Started"
Blondie -- "One Way Or Another"
Britney Spears -- "I'm A Slave 4 U"
Britney Spears -- "Oops I Did It Again"
The B-52's -- "Love Shack"
Carl Douglas -- "Kung Fu Fighting"
Chic -- "Le Freak"
The Commodores -- "Brick House"...
Published on August 19, 2007 by Lunia

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept...poorly executed.
I confess; I love videogame karaoke. Even the most formerly shy of friends agree with these sentiments, instant addicts to my copy of 'Karaoke Revolution.'

Published on August 31, 2007 by Paul Stuart

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept...poorly executed., August 31, 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Boogie With Microphone - Nintendo Wii (Bundle) (Video Game)

Needless to say, I waited with baited breath for 'Boogie,' a title seemingly tailor made for the Wii. Great song roster, motion sensitive dancing, and a slew of clever unlockables. The terrific commercials only fed this excitement; I couldn't wait to bust a groove with Bubba and Co.

Something, however, went horribly awry on the way to hype fruition. Sadly, disco fever was no where to be found. Horrible load times greeted me on launch, the menus did nothing to assuage these fears. Want to change venue? Be prepared to go ALL the way back to the original menu screen. Insert endless load times once more. Finally, don't get me started on 'Story Mode.' Ugh.

Unfortunately, it only went from bad to gaming worse. The karaoke? Simply awful. Poor voice recognition, stale backgrounds, and a generic scoring system combine to create one terrible experience. Why can I not sing and dance at the same time? The crummy unlockable system certainly didn't help the cause. Boy, was I missing 'Karaoke Revolution.'

Sigh; the dancing end of things was an equal flop. Dance moves are relegated to random Wii mote waves, powered by terrible motion recognition. Related, 'special moves' are nothing more than a Simple Simon-esque series of stale, forced movements. I felt like I was directing traffic versus boogie-ing on down.

Yes, there are positives to be found in 'Boogie,' albeit limited. The graphics are gorgeous...arguably worth the wait in loading times. Ditto on the surprisingly robust video/song editor. (Take that, VH1.)

Still, it's hard to recommend a very expensive title with appeal limited to the youngest of gamers. After trading in 'Boogie,' I was left with regret over a title seemingly forced to launch. Until a strong sequel comes to pass, this gamer's getting his song/dance fix via the Gamecube version of 'Karaoke Revolution' and the upcoming Wii iteration of its dancing counterpart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boogie Songs, August 19, 2007
Lunia (Chicago , IL) - See all my reviews
These are the songs that come with the Wii Boogie game

Black Eyed Peas -- "Let's Get It Started"
Blondie -- "One Way Or Another"
Britney Spears -- "I'm A Slave 4 U"
Britney Spears -- "Oops I Did It Again"
The B-52's -- "Love Shack"
Carl Douglas -- "Kung Fu Fighting"
Chic -- "Le Freak"
The Commodores -- "Brick House"
Culture Club -- "Karma Chameleon"
Cyndi Lauper -- "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"
Daft Punk -- "One More Time"
Dee-Lite -- "Groove Is In The Heart"
Fergie -- "Fergalicious"
Gypsy Kings -- "Baila Me"
Jackson 5 -- "ABC"
Jackson 5 -- "Dancing Machine"
Jackson 5 -- "I Want You Back"
Jamiroquai -- "Canned Heat"
Jamiroquai -- "Virtual Insanity"
Jennifer Lopez -- "Get Right"
Katrina & The Waves -- "Walking On Sunshine"
KC And The Sunshine Band -- "That's The Way (I Like It)"
Kelis -- "Milkshake"
Kool & The Gang -- "Celebration"
Lou Bega -- "Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of...)"
M -- "Pop Muzik"
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas -- "Dancing in the Street"
MC Hammer -- "U Can't Touch This"
Pink -- "Get The Party Started"
Pussycat Dolls Feat. Busta Rhymes -- "Don'tcha"
Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "Love Rollercoaster"
Rihanna -- "SOS"
Simply Red -- "Stars"
Sister Sledge -- "We Are Family"
Taste Of Honey -- "Boogie Oogie Oogie"
Thalia -- "Tu Y Yo"
The Village People -- "YMCA"
The Weather Girls -- "It's Raining Men"

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty fun, August 10, 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My kids and I have been playing this all day. It consists of singing with the microphone (which attaches via USB to your Wii console) and moving the controllers to dance. My son likes the dancing, my daughter likes the singing. You can adjust the volume so it is your singing only or combined with the game's singer.

I wouldn't call it a "game" where you win or lose, but rather more of an activity. You can win points and unlock or buy things (like stages or clothes), but the fun (at least for my family) is the singing and dancing. The characters are cute and can be customized (hair clothes etc). There are a good many 70's songs, which my husband and I like...we don't have to be tortured with only songs we never heard of!! There are also a few new songs (I guess they are new, I don't recognize too many of those ones!!) I do like the Grease, Brickhouse, KC Sunshine band, etc. We unfornuately couldn't find "Boogie Oogie Oogie"...bummer..that's the one on the commercial for this product! The song list does seem like it may get tiresome sooner or later, but for now its fun.

Overall, a good game for different ages and for people who want to play, but don't want an average shoot/run/jump game. Nice alternative to typical games. Glad we bought it. Only 4 stars because it seems like it may lose its appeal after a little while and that the song list is short...maybe they will offer add ons. Plus the dancing is mostly just waving the remote around.

5.0 out of 5 stars My children LOVE it and I bet yours will too!, August 13, 2007
Book Snob "momof3" (Charlotte, NC, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My perspective - I'm the mom watching as my children and a select friend or two get their groove on with their new Boogie game. I'm not a gamer, I don't understand hidden agendas, unlocked doors or good replay value so this review won't be a technical critique. But I do know a lot about children and I understand well the true concept of play. I do understand that the children in my family room - average age 11 - are having a blast PLAYING with this new Wii game and on a 98*plus day in NC that alone is worth the cost of this little jewel. Like I said they are playing - this isn't serious gaming business. It is pure fun. All things, including video games, need to be understood in context; if the context of this game is that is brings pleasure and provides pure fun to 'tweens and early teens that's an okay thing in my book. If you have children falling in that age bracket and they need a harmless (no violence or bad language to worry about here) afternoon diversion then this is the ticket. And you may find their older siblings sneaking in a game or two if they think no one is watching. This kind of fun is contagious!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Party Game!!!, August 13, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got this game the other day and played it with my family. We had tears rolling down our faces from laughing so hard. It is difficult to sing and "dance" at the same time, but boy is it fun to watch your friends and relatives try...especially when you create a music video of the performance and replay it!
I don't know how fun it would be by yourself, but if you are looking for a great game to play with a group, this is it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, Songs Sound Terrible!, September 11, 2007
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
We were so looking forward to this game, totally disappointed. Not worth the money. The songs sound terrible, NOT by the original singers, not even by good singers, tempos are off...YUCK! How are you suppose to boogie to that?? Bad graphics, very few characters to choose from, the dancing is annoying. Just a bunch of random moves while you move the controller back and forth. Dull. My children, ages 9 and 10, do like this game, but really dislike the songs, and they unlocked everything really fast. I have no idea how anyone is giving this game more than 2 or 3 stars. At $60, it's totally overpriced for what you're getting. Plus the loading is really slow.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK for the Kids, September 11, 2007
Jae (Salt Lake City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
If you loved Karaoke Revolution you'll probably be fairly disappointed with Boogie. Load times are longish, story mode is more annoying than fun, and the difficulty level of the game is too easy--this being a problem for adult players because you can totally suck or totally rock at singing and will likely get the same score everytime. The characters aren't all that customizable either, and the "dance" part of it is basically just waving your hand back and forth to rhythm (basically a cheap rip-off from Rayman's). For younger kids though, this might be an ideal game, because they won't find it too challenging and can unlock most stuff without the aid of an adult.

So, in the end, if it's for your kids, find a copy less than $50 and have at it, if its for older teens and up, pass!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother With Boogie, August 13, 2007
Jon "Jon" (Akron, OH USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
As someone who loves karaoke, I was really looking forward to the release of Boogie on the Wii. However, I was very disappointed with it.

In Boogie you're doing one of two things, singing karaoke , or "dancing". The dance portion of the game is overly simplistic, and not really dancing at all. All you do is swing the controller back and forth with the beat, making your character dance. The song selection is absolutely horrible. There are a few good ones, but most of the songs seem to be geared towards girls in middle school.

Don't bother with this one. It's not even close to worth the $60 you'll pay for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars So cute, it's _sickening_ !!!, August 18, 2007
Robert Kaufman (Salt Lake City, UT United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I just bought this for my kids, a five-year old boy and a seven year-old girl and they absolutely _love_ it! I played a round or two against each of them, and as is the trademark of Wii games, it was a dead-even match-up. Expect a work-out from this one.

I'm still trying to get the hang of it, but I definitely recommend it for younger kids, or for 40-50 year old adults longing to relive the 70's. I don't think your garden variety teen or Generation X-er is going to appreciate this one, though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best and not worth the money., May 3, 2008
A Kid's Review
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
It's O.K. but can get boring pretty quick if u know what I mean. It's really
made for multi player and the karaoke is a gyp. U don't even need to speak the words as long as u manage to make an audible mumble thats loud enough for the game.

ARRAY(0x9f9738c4)

Boogie With Microphone - Nintendo Wii (Bundle)
Boogie With Microphone - Nintendo Wii (Bundle) by Electronic Arts (Nintendo Wii)
$29.99 $22.26