5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource!
Published on September 3, 2003 by Betty Barnes

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge Disappointment
I have to say I was very disappointed. I only liked about 7 or 8 crafts from the entire book. I thought they seemed too complicated and time consuming, especially for the younger kids. I'd recommend "The Encyclopedia of Bible Crafts for Preschoolers" also, "The Encyclopedia of Bible Crafts for Kids". Much easier and includes a mini lesson.
Published on April 14, 2008 by C. L. Belcher

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource!, September 3, 2003
Betty Barnes (Astoria, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Book of Bible Crafts: Crafts for kids ages 3–12; over 100 crafts; for church school, camp, midweek; economical, with easy-to-find supplies (Big Books) (Paperback)
I have the task of planning crafts for a Wednesday night children's program. I love doing the craft, but sometimes have a hard time finding craft that work well. This book is a wonderful resource! Every craft has a drawing of the craft and some steps envolved. All patterns are included and the book is reproducibe. It is divided into two main sections: crafts for prekindergarten-kindergarten, and crafts for 1-6 graders. However, all craft seem fun and interesting. There are craft for many stories of the Bible, and sometimes 3 or 4! I am looking forward to trying all of the crafts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, November 4, 2007
this book is very helpful in my children church i use it alll the time. what i like about it is that the craft are made from simple material that is easy to find. And to top it off the children always enjoy doing craft from this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge Disappointment, April 14, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and versatile, January 30, 2008
I teach Sunday School in our nursery at church, and this book is a great supplement. I can almost always find a craft in this book to go along with our lesson. I have similar books as well, but I find I use this one the most.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, fun crafts!, October 30, 2010
I love this craft book more than any others I have used. The crafts are very easy. They usually don't require a lot of materials for each, and most materials are things that you probably already have if you work w/ children & have craft supplies onhand. If not, the materials required are inexpensive & easily purchased at a dollar store or retail store. I also love how it gives a story to read on the back of the page that goes w/ the craft, so you can easily use this book to do your lesson & your craft, instead of having a separate book for the lesson. This book was definitely a great find (& buy) for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crafts for all ages, January 17, 2011
This has been a wonderful book for me. I teach a class with children ranging from ages 3-12. I was able to modify the crafts easily for the little ones. This book has lots of great, easy to follow ideas. I would recommend it to anyone needing a great bible craft book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, July 13, 2013
This book is wonderful as it helps teach the child the bible. As you read the bible story the crafts they make coincide with the story. So you know the child understood the story through the craft she made. Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the Price, November 25, 2013
I must agree with "Huge Disappointment". The crafts require materials not easily found requiring trips to craft stores, etc. I, too, liked very few of them. The idea might work for Vacation Bible School but for Sunday School they are too time consuming. What a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, October 31, 2012
Aida L. Arnaldy "Aida L.Arnaldy" (Bayamon, Puerto Rico United States) - See all my reviews
As soon as I got it, I started using it with my grandson and daughter. They love it too.Illustrations and instructions are great. Easy to cut out and to follow up with our Bible classes at home.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., July 3, 2013
I love Gospel Light, but I found that most of the activities in this book just weren't relevant/useful for use with our lectionaries. The crafts are cute, but don't get used.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›