Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 30, 2010 12:11:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2010 12:14:12 AM PST
ChibiNeko says:
According to wikipedia, the author of this book- Delphine Minou, promised Nujood that she would get part of the money made off of this book but only gave her a small portion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nujood_Ali

I'm a little confused about this, since I didn't see any hardbacks of this put out. If it's not put out yet, then how can she get any proceeds from it? Maybe it was put out in other countries first?

In any case, I thought this was an interesting thing to mention in the forums.

EDIT:

Ah... evidently this is referring to a version that was put out in France earlier in 2009. If this is true, that the author isn't giving Nujood the money that was initially promised, then I think I may have to avoid getting this book until I hear that the poor girl is getting the money she deserves.

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 8:11:07 PM PDT
Ceit says:
Supposedly the girl and her family are being taken care of and now have a two story house, a business, and her and her sister are attending a private school. Proceeds are going directly to her. Yeman has revoked her passport, so she cannot leave the country for what ever reason.

-- It's a good story but you can tell it's pretty much written by adult Delphine Minou instead of an illiterate child. I also think there is some loss in translation --

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:12:57 PM PST
sheryl48 says:
WHERE is HILLARY CLinton, in this mess of humanity in Saudi, Yemen, and other countries, are they
still mutilating little girls anatomy??? WHy cant we westernize these people??? GIve them something other than anger to use on each other, parks, lakes recreation, Malls, jobs like writing books I hopoe Jajood gets all my proceeds from this book!!! My heart was touched.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced
I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali (Paperback - March 2, 2010)
4.5 out of 5 stars (546)