5.0 out of 5 stars Humor Opened Doors and Minds
I recently purchased a copy of this book as I was preparing to facilitiate a workshop on respect in the workplace. I had used games in previous training sessions but was pleasantly surprised when I came across this book.
Published on February 21, 2001 by workline

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and use
Quite helpfull. Can be applied to multiple situations, even in a culture quite different from that of the author. It can be customized to be used for adults and children.
Published 5 months ago by alvio lagos

5.0 out of 5 stars Humor Opened Doors and Minds, February 21, 2001
"workline" (Winnipeg, Manitoba) - See all my reviews
I referred specifically to Chapter 8, dealing with reducing workplace negativity. I found that the games triggered a powerful response from the participants as their concerns became very obvious in a non-threatening way. The real benefit was what happened at the debriefing. Our discussion of issues turned into in-depth problem-solving. One participant said that an issue that had been festering with her for over three years was effectively resolved because the matter was finally discussed openly.
Fifty games set out in a manner that is easy to follow, easy to understand, and clearly focused on the concern being addressed, each game in a group probes deeper into the issues without getting personal. The final game in each group leads workshop participants to make a commitment to change. The structure of the games also permitted enough flexibility to address a group's specific workplace behaviors thereby making the exercise very relevant to the group. Based on the responses from participants in my recent workshop, the point of the games came through clearly and effectively, and will result in real change in their workplace. Very powerful catalysts, your games are.
I must also say that I am thoroughly enjoying this book! As a human resource consultant and trainer, I am always looking for new ways of thinking about change. This book is stimulating my mind to find other ways to present ideas in a fun and creative manner. Doni and Sharyn really helped make my job as a facilitator easier by giving me such powerful tools. I am keeping my eyes open to purchase other books by Doni & Sharyn to add to my library. I can hardly wait for Doni's new book, LAUGH AND LEARN: 95 WAYS PEOPLE WHO TEACH CAN USE HUMOR TO BOOST THE BRAIN.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of ideas, March 15, 2004
By A Customer
I got this book with Brian Miller's Quick Teambuilding Activities (also from amazon.com). Both are good. This one has more activities, but not necessarily better ones. I like the way this one often has a "suggested funny intro" for introducing the activity because i usually stumble in setting it up. The only problem is that some of the activites are quite long (up to an hour)...that's where Millers book excels, all activities are 15 min or less. The activities here are organized into nice categories, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Big Book of Humorous Training Games, November 18, 2001
K. Tanney-Webber (Concord, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is a must for anyone who is involved with training or in giving presentations. I write and design training materials for a large corporation in which there is a constant need for training on many different levels. I have repeatedly used this book to make even the dryest of training materials fun, interesting and interative. The techniques work for all levels of employees from management down to Customer Service Reprensentatives. Now people walk away from training classes retaining far more information than before I found and began using this book. Participation and interest have greatly improved. I highly recommend this book-don't wait another minute longer to buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, October 19, 2001
By A Customer
This book is a great reference for any trainer! Most of the Training Game books I have reviewed have a few games that really apply to your classroom needs. Not this one! There were very few of the games that I won't be using! So far, each one I have used has been received with enthusiasm by my students. I particularly enjoyed "Look Ma, No Hands" while training Delegation Skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and Innovative, May 21, 2003
Sharyn M. Weiss (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This is the best book on training games I have ever read. It gives new insight that I have found lacking in other authors. Sharyn Weiss is a genious in her trade. Thank you for making my job in executive and managerial training easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Adult Learning Games, October 27, 2009
These games are fun and can be easily adapted for purposes other than business. The adults in our MS Support Group enjoy the games. I modify them somewhat to accomodate us, along with personalizing the learning aspect to meet our educational needs. If you are creative this book can be a great asset to teaching or keeping your meetings interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have for trainers, March 26, 2014
This is absolutely my favorite training game book. I wish there were more like this. Most of the other available books for leadership training games have just been so "done" throughout the years. Anyone looking for fresh ideas, I would recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Big Book of Humorous Training Games, July 20, 2005
This is a good book in where the humor combined with the training technics help the consultant work many curriculums more easy and with more effectiveness.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and use, February 5, 2014
This review is from: The Big Book of Humorous Training Games (Big Book Series) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK!!, November 11, 2013
The Big Book of humorous training games hit every point we try to get across to our work family. It is highly recommended!!

Rate and Discover Movies