Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on November 22, 2009
I'm a first grade teacher and I am not big on seat work, but I bought this because I needed something that was beneficial for my students to do that would keep them busy while I met with small groups. The year I bought this, I had several kids that could not behave in centers, so I needed to have them do something that made them think while at their seats, but was also fun. There are a lot of fun activities in the book that reinforce story elements, retelling, etc. Many of the activities were a little more suited for higher grades, but most were usable by first graders if modified. A lot of these activities allow students to visualize elements and make them more concrete concepts to them.
on February 6, 2010
I teach second grade and I found many useful things in this book that I can use whole group and small group. There are also activities that will challenge my higher students. The activities can be adapted to fit your needs and are organized to use before, during, and after reading the story. Love this book!
on August 28, 2010
I teach special ed 4th and 5th graders and really like to use these as a follow-up activities after guided reading. Students can demonstrate understanding without requiring a lot of writing. The projects are easy to follow and clear.
on December 21, 2012
I purchased this book for my first grade reading class. Lots and lots of great ideas for my readers' workshop! Super independent activities and the kids love them and are able to stay focused on the task at hand. Thank you for a quality book! Lots of the ideas in this book can be adjusted up or down for differentiated instruction.
on May 27, 2013
Love this book. Wish I had purchased it earlier in school year. It really allows independent work and small groups with no arguing.
on July 8, 2014
Great book for teachers!!!
on April 5, 2014
This book is excellent! Though I have personally used this book for science & social studies, and not traditional "reading", I have found it very useful. The book is tailored for young students, but it can be used for multiple age groups, and with diverse or special need learners with some creativity. With white-out and a photocopier, the templates provided in the book can be used for graphic organizers and/or as the basis for multi-subject project builds. Ex: Science - I used the 'Book Train' template as a 7th grade biology learning project about cellular transport processes (osmosis, diffusion, etc.). Students built separate 'Cell Transport Trains' representing each type of cellular transport, with 'train cars' representing the vital facts for each cell process.

'TEACHER NOTES:'
I am a special education teacher of 7th & 8th grade students (science mainly). I have had this book for about two months, and though it is aimed at a much younger age group than I teach, I have been able to use the templates in assorted projects, activities or note-organizers for my students' varied levels & abilities.
This book has helped diversify the activities, labs & projects that I can do in my room and allows for easier planning.
on December 7, 2014