Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2006 1:43:07 PM PDT
Anderson has a number of book signings in the next few weeks. If you attend one, please share your experience here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2006 7:03:01 AM PDT
K. Steakley says:
I was at the signing at Olsson's Bookstore in Arlington, VA last night. Cooper was refreshingly genuine both in his talk and at the signing. He greeted each person in line by name (provided by the publicist) and chatted away casually. I had picked up a Graham Greene novel while I was waiting for my turn at the signing table and he engaged me in a few seconds of conversation about Greene. It was nice to see someone who seemed to genuinely appreciate his reading audience instead of appearing bothered or too self-absorbed to care.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2006 6:06:42 AM PDT
Krista Linza says:
Three hundred fans attended the Arlington, VA book signing. If you plan on attending any event, get a ticket to secure your place in line. I was 20th in line and trust me, the anticipation of meeting him is intense! He's very genuine and friendly. He was smiling and happy. He personalizes books and chats with you for a few seconds. What a great gift to give for Father's Day to show Dad his importance in your life. This powerful and healing book is also a great one to send to troops overseas.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2006 7:53:55 AM PDT
KDMask says:
Where can you get a listing of the signing locations??
I got one for my husband for father's day and would love to have him sign it! (meet him as well!)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2006 8:11:01 AM PDT
Krista Linza says:
Just Google: Anderson Cooper book signing 2006. He's touring the country this summer. I hope you meet him. He's very brave to share his personal issues. He's a great example for all to show you can be vulnerable and strong at the same time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2006 6:15:12 AM PDT
C. Beaver says:
My daughter and I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday in Metairie, La. We were near the end of the line, and Mr. Cooper's signature is illegible. He started out personalizing, but because of the number of people, was forced to just sign his name. If you go, go early.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2006 1:38:48 PM PDT
I attended Mr.Cooper's book signing in New Orleans. He was greeted with a standing ovation and cheers from the grateful people who are "walking the walk" in New Orleans. He promised not to let us be forgotten. I believe he will do so, but this country's 30 second attention span is hard to overcome. We will fight the good fight and bring this city back! New Orleans has a right to exist. I at least got to say thank you to Mr.Cooper for showing the world what happened here.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 28, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival
Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival by Anderson Cooper (Hardcover - May 1, 2006)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (317)