Customer Discussions > Outlander forum

Book to Movie????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2012 5:10:02 PM PDT
Okay, like most I am waiting for the next installment by re-reading (again!) the first 7 novels plus Exile & Lord John. What I would LOVE to see is someone taking this series into a film series. Between DG fans and anyone who loves historical, adventure, romance, or Scottish storylines - that should bring in the moviegoers & DVD sales - provided DG co-writes the screen play, gets final approvals on casting, and they don't try to do more then two books per movie (and that is pushing it). Maybe with a director like Ron Howard? If casted well, the same actors could span from the 20's Outlander J&C to the 50's/Echo J&C. I would love to see someone like Hugh Jackman as Jamie (yeh, I know he is Austrailan & a burnette but he has the height/body/power for the part), a Madelyn Stowe type (Olivia Wilde or Katherine Heigl) for Claire, and definitely James Isaacs (The Patriot's Colonel Tavington) for Black Jack Randall. Any other nominees?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 2:34:14 PM PDT
I agree, I would love to see these books on the big screen. But even more so for someone like Starz or HBO to make a series from them..e.g. Game of Thrones, Camelot, Spartacus, Boardwalk Empire etc all of which are very good. I think for that to work, they will need unknowns in the starring roles though. Big name stars with movies we already associate them with would diminish what us as readers want from people cast as Jamie and Claire.

I've only recently found this series and I'm currently reading number 4. They are the only books I've actually bought for my Kindle. I'm not sure if you have Facebook, but Diana Gabaldon has a page where viewers can vote on a dream cast if it was ever to be made. Some great choices have been made.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:21:09 AM PST
Don't think this movie thing is going anywhere soon. Don't they have some kind of animated movie out now about a Scottish theme with a girl with red curly hair?
Think the theme of time travel has been overdone by Hollywood the same as the vampire, werewolf, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:36:04 AM PST
Re-check DG's site. They are in the works with Starz & Sony to do an Outlander series. The animation you mentioned is BRAVE but Hollywood and us history/sci-fi addicts are never tired of time travel. Besides, Jamie & Claire's story is much more then just time travel - it is romance, relationship building, history, cultural clashes, adventure, and humor (with a healthy dose of passionate sex)!.

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 2:54:22 PM PDT
I totally agree with Hugh Jackman as Jamie. I also think Jared Padalecki would be a great choice. He's 6'5", can act, and still looks young enough to play Jamie from his youth to present. Makeup for aging, and hair dye will transform him closer to Jamie's description, and he already is the required height and build.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/jared-padalecki/images/7197460/title/jared-padalecki-wallpaper
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Outlander forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Cross Stitch (Outlander)
Cross Stitch (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon (Paperback - March 4, 2002)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (5,284)