Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Why are Books Listed as Free when you have to Pay

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2010 3:24:04 PM PDT
I have noticed lately going through the top 100 "free" - a lot of the new ones that are coming on are not free - they cost upwards of $10.00. Why is this? Anyone know?

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 5:48:43 PM PDT
TD says:
It is because they are tagged as "free" and once were free, however, are not free anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2010 6:51:52 PM PDT
But these are just listed as free like today and are not actually free. I have seen books that were free and then they go on the other side and you have to pay for them.

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 9:30:47 PM PDT
Gina Givens says:
I think that you just caught the book in transition. The prices change often, especially on the originally free books. Many are only free long enough to garner enough people to give crdible reviews, then the price goes up. If the price changes before the book has been moved from the free list, then the price will show despite the list it is on. It does not happen often- but it does give you a reason to check the list at least every other day.\

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2010 8:13:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2010 8:14:36 PM PDT
Tim Bertheau says:
This is because the books that Amazon offers as free are sometimes free for a short period of time, such as a week.

The story I made up is they don't get removed from the free book offer before the price has been adjusted back to the non-free price. I have noticed this and the length of time the book is in the free sort has never been more than a day. Again just my guess.

Posted on May 3, 2012 10:35:27 AM PDT
Karla Antol says:
What I want to know is how do I end my subscription? The phone number on my bank statement is not in service! Anyone tried or succeeded in ending their subscription to this "Free Kindle Books", please let me know.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2010
Latest post:  May 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about