Books That List of Proverbs/Morals/Themes/ for Storytellers?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 31, 2011 11:35:14 PM PDT
Alex Bodnar says:
I would like to write stories specifically for entertainment purposes (comics and storyboarding). I've read Blake Snyder's Saved the Cat, Robert McKee's Story, and a few other books of the sort. While analyzing these books and stories in general, all seem to have the main character(s) undergo/carry some sort of overarching "theme" or "message." In A Christmas Carol it's "Money can't always bring you happiness." In Kung Fu Panda it's "Believe in yourself." I'm not interested in purchasing religious books like King Solomon's Book of Wisdom or children stories like Aesop's Tales. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a simple book that LISTS popular and universal themes (or morals) for storytellers. It would be awesome to be able to pull a book off of the shelf whenever I had writer's block and build (for example) a samurai story off of something like "expect more of myself than anyone else could possibly expect."

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 11:30:27 AM PDT
Alex Bodnar says:
8,789 Words of Wisdom I just discovered this book!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jul 31, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Writing for Animation, Comics, and Games
Writing for Animation, Comics, and Games by Christy Marx (Paperback - October 25, 2006)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (8)