Customer Discussions > The Notebook forum

Books Similar to the Notebook

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 9, 2010 11:44:19 AM PDT
A. Chasse says:
I'm looking for books similar to the Notebook which are NOT written by Nicholas Sparks or Jodi Picoult. I prefer that the main characters are young as I don't relate to the 40 somethings (yet). I also would prefer if the books suggested are young adult.

Any ideas

Posted on Jul 28, 2010 9:47:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2010 9:49:13 PM PDT
Hi,

I have a book I wrote under a pseudonym called April: A Love Story.

It's very much in the tone of Nicholas Sparks's "The Notebook" and Erich Segal's "Love Story." You know, touching yet bittersweet.

The characters in it are young (in their 20s) and it's all about meeting someone who "gets to you," has that special something that just makes things work.

Here's the synopsis:

Some moments come along and your world--your life--changes. Something shifts inside and everything's the same yet somehow different. Sometimes someone comes into your life and helps you to breathe for the first time, to think with clarity and to give you truth and joy.

Often, we never see it coming. But it also happens when we need it the most and, usually, when we don't realize we need it.

For Joseph Bailey, life has come to a standstill; existence, living, call it what you will, have stopped moving, stopped flowing, stopped growing. Those he knew while growing up seemed to have gone down the right path, creating a so-called normal life. He's not sure if he followed.

Spending lonely nights writing comic book scripts and hazy afternoons watching cartoons brings him to his knees, and he needs something--maybe even someone--more. One Friday, while at a coffee shop working on a new comic script, Joseph is interrupted when a quirky girl with long black hair and smooth-as-marble gray eyes sits down across from him, seeking sanctuary from her controlling boyfriend, Dan.

Her name is April.

All seems under control even when Dan follows her in to the coffee shop, looking to patch things up. At least, that's what was supposed to have happened. Once Dan leaves, Joseph figures his work is done and April will be on her way, never to be seen again. Instead, she stays, removes her sweater and orders an apple cider. Just then something slips inside Joseph, something good, right and pure.

Their weekend begins.

From a quiet night in an old railway car to seeking the undertones of humanity at the art gallery, to bringing to light the tender commonalities that we as humans share, April is a story of how a simple chance meeting can hold you and protect you, and give you what the human heart is continuously after-

Hope.

In Paperback: April: A Love Story

On Kindle: April: A Love Story

Thanks in advance to those who check it out.

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 3:13:49 PM PDT
I believe you will find "Flight to Paradise" to be a love story you can't put down. The link to the book is below. Read the reviews of readers. It is a fast read, emotional, with themes that hit home. I don't think you will be disappointed.
FLIGHT TO PARADISE

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 9:51:22 PM PDT
Blauterb says:
Maybe try "Sophie & Carter" by Chelsea Fine. It's about two teenagers (18 yrs old) who live next door to one another and fall in love. But it's heavy, like, in a good way. Very emotional, but wonderful. It's also a fast, easy read. I just read it on my Kindle...I think it's $2.99.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Notebook forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jul 9, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Notebook
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (Hardcover - 1996)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (2,139)