Books With Aspergers Main Characters

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2008 3:21:03 PM PDT
The Legend of Mickey Tussler is a great book -- seems to be the only one with an Aspergers main character. Does anyone know of any others?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2008 7:34:37 AM PDT
VoxAngelicus says:
If I recall correctly, another book in which the main character has Asperger's disorder is called "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night." It's the story of a young man who is a mathematical genius.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2008 8:25:07 AM PDT
Aspie Mom says:
Here are a few:
"The Speed of Dark" by Elizabeth Moon is a wonderful science fiction novel, set in the near future, where the main character has the option of a treatment that would alleviate his Asperger syndrome, but perhaps his special talents as well.
"Asperger Syndrome, the Universe, and Everything" by Kenneth Hall is an insightful memoir by a boy with AS.
"More Than Little Professors" by Lisa Barrett Mann is a wonderful collection of writings and quotes from children and teens with AS.

Posted on Jul 30, 2010 8:28:36 AM PDT
In "Double Vision" by Randall Ingermanson the main character Dillon Richard is a man with AS. Also there is a minor character in "Broken Angel" by Sigmund Brouwer who seems to have AS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 3:15:01 PM PDT
Bec says:
The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd is a great read with the main character having Aspergers, although it never states it, it is definitely implied. It's what started us on the road of having our son diagnosed!

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 5:48:13 PM PST
Bill Westman says:
Joey The Weather Boy: A Story About Asperger Syndrome For Parents And Children To Read Together (The Dr. C & Elwood Files) is a short story for children about a little boy who is obsessed with meteorology. It's great for both children with and without the disorder. It will make kids with AS feel better about themselves, and helps sensitize kids without it to other children with special needs.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2014 4:17:38 PM PDT
600 Hours of Edward

Great book.

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 2:49:36 PM PDT
The Rosie Project: A Novel Very good
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  May 31, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's
Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's by John Elder Robison (Paperback - February 7, 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (792)