Customer Discussions > Firefly: The Complete Series forum

Books like firefly

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2010 6:06:38 PM PST
Hi,

I loved firefly and serenity, like many others here, and was wondering if anyone can recommend books that read like firefly. That is, great sci fi that is character-driven with lots of action and even humor.
Thanks so much!!!

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 3:34:12 PM PDT
Me says:
I'm looking too so I want to follow this post

Posted on Apr 9, 2010 7:00:52 PM PDT
I have been looking too. In the meantime, Steven Brust wrote a Firefly novel and released it for free online: http://dreamcafe.com/firefly.html

Posted on Apr 18, 2010 11:24:13 AM PDT
Griswel says:
I downloaded the linked novel, but I, too, would appreciate advice on what commercial novels are around which resemble the Firefly universe, or at least the same type of independent, credible adventures Firefly involved (i.e. not saving the whole of creation every week).

Posted on May 5, 2010 8:36:58 PM PDT
Lilia says:
Here ya go. Firefly: Still Flying: A Celebration of Joss Whedon's Acclaimed TV Series

This contains 4 short stories by several of the writers on the show.

Posted on May 26, 2010 9:08:41 AM PDT
There's a novel called Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding that I ordered from here after several people mentioned it being in the spirit of Firefly. I haven't read it yet though.

Posted on Jun 2, 2010 1:54:31 AM PDT
oneroomdisco says:
The Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold is a little like Firefly. Whenever I was reading it, it reminded me repeatedly of Firefly, especially some of the characters. There is a good mix of comedy, action, wit, and a dash of romance. I fell in love with the worlds and well-developed characters. You should definitely check it out, probably starting with Cordelia's Honor (Vorkosigan Saga Omnibus: Shards of Honor / Barrayar), if you like chronological order, but that's more of a prequel. Anyways, I digress, just give it a chance.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 9:28:00 PM PDT
So Lost says:
The Ketty Jay novels , Retribution Falls being the first, are exactly what you are looking for. Currently there are three of them out and a fourth in the works.
JG Koch also just released a novel called Alexander Outland Space Pirate that would also fit the bill.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 10:08:43 PM PST
booklver says:
http://io9.com/5919996/awesome-books-to-replace-your-favorite-cancelled-tv-shows
This link recommends "Consider Phlebus"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 3:29:20 PM PST
Matt says:
Check out Liberty. This is an awesome young adult Sci Fi with a Firefly-esque theme.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 11:55:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2013 11:58:13 AM PST
K. DeV says:
Here's an update on the link to Steven Brust who's written a Firefly novel...
http://dreamcafe.com/books/

scroll down the page to find it and download it. epub/mobi/pdf downloads
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Firefly: The Complete Series
Firefly: The Complete Series by Nathan Fillion (DVD - 2003)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (6,765)