Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

Books relating to the Channel Islands

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 24, 2008 4:41:00 PM PST
Tom Killalea says:
It'd be interesting to see other suggestions, including books about Jersey, Alderney and Sark.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2009 3:29:17 PM PDT
I recently read an Elizabeth George mystery novel that takes place on Guernsey. It's titled a Place of Hiding, and I read it because it because 1) I enjoy most Elizabeth George mysteries, and 2) because it took place on Guernsey.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2009 4:28:31 PM PDT
Tom Killalea says:
Thanks Duke.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2009 10:43:53 AM PDT
Bookworm says:
My own novel is set in Guernsey, Herm and Alderney and covers around 30 years starting in the occupation. It's called Rachel's Shoe but you might struggle to get it on Amazon as they keep listing it as out of print, which it isn't.

I'm a local author and my grandparents lived through the occupation here.

If you would like to see what it's about the website is and you can buy (signed if you wish) from there if you like the look of it.

Posted on Aug 19, 2009 6:08:27 PM PDT
Two books by Elizabeth Goudge, _Island Magic_ and _Green Dolphin Street_ take place in the Channel Islands. Well, 1 1/2 books, in _Green Dolphin Street_ the main characters emigrate to New Zealand.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 4:17:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2009 4:17:51 AM PDT
Peter Lihou says:
Rachel's Shoe is now available from Amazon.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 2:12:22 AM PST
Arabella's Notebooks, a historical novel set in Victorian London and Guernsey, is available on Kindle ebooks. Written by a Guernsey resident, it gives an insider's view of the island as part of the story line. There is a website for the book it is that gives more information and has photos of Guernsey. You can 'sample' the ebook to see if it is your kind of read.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 4:54:51 AM PDT
limey says:
I lived in Guernsey for many years and loved it so much I wrote a book set there -Dangerous Waters - Mystery, loss and love on the island of Guernsey. It's a contemporary romantic mystery with overtones of the Occupation. Please feel free to check it out! Like another reader I thoroughly enjoyed Elizabeth George's book based on Guernsey.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about