Books similar to this one? Hey guys, can anyone recommend books similar to this one? That is, well researched books that take a moment in history and really bring it to life? What I really loved about this novel is it really gives a feel for what life was like to alive in that era. It's a really great read!
asked by DKaidian on August 25, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
At the risk of shameless self-promotion, may I suggest you take a look at my book, "Einstein at the World's Fair"? It's available for pre-order now and comes out next June.
Media Junkie answered on November 3, 2009
Comment | 1 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Perhaps you may be interested in Sin in Second City, which looks like the sister companion to Larson's book. Karen Abbott produced this book about two sisters who once owned and operated one of the most famous brothels in the country.Sin in the Second City: Madams, Ministers, Playboys, and the Battle for America's Soul
Cia Jackson answered on January 18, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I really enjoyed Caleb Carr's books The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness. They both take place in New York City just before the turn of the 20th century. The group solves some murders in each using the just-emerging techniques of forensic science, psychiatry, and psychological profiling.

Another author to look at is Steve Berry. He has about 8 books out which are very well researched historically. The Amber Room, The Templar Legacy, The Third Secret, etc.

Enjoiy!
Musicinmarch answered on September 22, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Killer of Little Shepherds by Douglas Starr is fantastic!
CentralCaliGrrrl answered on January 24, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Kingdom Under Glass by Jay Kirk- it was much better than this book.
Float like a Butterfly sting like a Bea... answered on March 9, 2011

A
Deranged The true story of children serial killer and cannibal Albert Fish.
An excellent read.
Renato Rodriguez answered on November 10, 2011

A
Try another book by the same author! I enoyed Isaac's Storm but have not ready any of Larson's other books.
Peregrinn answered on August 12, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product