Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Will not work a computer that has Windows 7 or Windows 8
I've always liked the game Bookworm but it doesn not work on computers with Windows 7 or Windows 8. I would recommened this product if someone has a computer that don't have Windows 7 or Windows 8 on it as the Operating System on it.
Published 19 months ago by Richard Sherman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Will not work a computer that has Windows 7 or Windows 8, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows (CD-ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Group of Games! Educational while being Exceptionally Fun. You will love it., December 13, 2013
Amazon Customer (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows (CD-ROM)
While I will be the first to admit that this title is a bit dated when it comes to graphics, it is also a Great Group of Games! I purchased this as an educational tool for the women in my life. Now before you get all indignant about that please allow me to explain. My wife's side of the family has been cursed with dyslexia. This stretches back and forward from my wife to include her parents and grandparents, as well as her siblings, and ALL of her children, nine in total, save one. He was spared but he was the only one not to have to struggle with being able to spell due the curse that is dyslexia. I realize I used the word curse again but it is how I feel. The condition is not well cared for in our school system and the children wind up falling through the cracks far too often as a result.
My wife and I have always been proactive about the situation and work with our two youngest girls, the last two still in school, in order to help them to overcome the malady. This software encourages the user to expand their vocabulary and requires that words be spelled and spelled quickly. The eldest of our daughters that is using this software also has additional learning disabilities, thankfully she is the only one, and the speed aspect of the program is especially beneficial to her. Our youngest has the mildest case of dyslexia amongst the afflicted children and for that we are grateful. On the same note however we also are very diligently encouraging her to read as much as possible and to increase her vocabulary. This software, by making that process a game, and encouraging reading, spelling, and vocabulary, as well as being entertaining and just plain old fun, is something that she loves to use. My wife uses the software herself to keep her skills up as even though she has learned to overcome her dyslexia still suffers from it and must work through it on a daily basis. Word games like this make that process easier and more fun.
I myself enjoy the game immensely. I may not have the need for it that my family does, but that doesn't make the game any less fun to play and easy to enjoy. It can be quite funny in places and even frustrating at the highest levels.
I highly encourage any parent to purchase this game bundle, its the best way to get the entire Bookworm experience. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had played this game before and liked it, so was glad to find it and ..., July 5, 2014
This review is from: Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows (CD-ROM)
Had played this game before and liked it,so was glad to find it and will enjoy it for a long time,thanks a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 27, 2014
love thisgame

4.0 out of 5 stars Good spelling game, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows (CD-ROM)
Good spelling game and works fine of Windows 7 or older. The kids like it. Wish they didn't have to "whomp" everyone in order to win, but the kids like it better than Scrabble, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, April 14, 2014
This review is from: Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows (CD-ROM)
This is such a fun game that every member of the family is playing. I (mom) love it because the kids are practicing spelling on their own initiative.

5.0 out of 5 stars bookworm, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows (CD-ROM)
love looking for words and moving along to the next wonde r . being able to try to fine hidden word

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows (CD-ROM)
This will keep you and the kids occupied, and this is a fun game and a great stress buster.
have fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Got What I wanted, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows (CD-ROM)
I had played this game in the past, and still find it very entertaining. The product I ordered from Amazon was "the" original version I was looking for.

2.0 out of 5 stars THE GAME WAS GREAT, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows (CD-ROM)
MY COMPUTER KEPT CRASHING . THIS IS THE ONLY GAME I HAVE THIS WAY OH WELL. WHAT CAN YOU DO

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows
Bookworm Wordy Wonder Bundle - Windows by PopCap Games (Windows, Windows 7 / Vista)
$19.99 $7.54