4.0 out of 5 stars Great 2nd album from Toby.
Published on March 13, 2001 by Gilly Bean

3.0 out of 5 stars Not My Favorite
There wasn't a lot of songs on here that I really connected to like in Toby's other albums. I still would recommend adding it to your collection if you are die hard Toby fan there's a few really good tracks on it.
Published on July 21, 2007 by ZoeM

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 2nd album from Toby., March 13, 2001
This review is from: Boomtown (Audio CD)
Toby Keith is a terrific country artist and this album contains some real good songs. This is his 2nd album, and was quite a success. Most of the songs on here were written or co-written by him. His songs tell stories in the true country fashion...full of hurt, pain, joy, fun, and great twists and plays on words. For anyone who enjoys true-blue country with a contemporary touch, you will be sure to love this album. Booklet contains all lyrics and some photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boomtown, June 30, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Boomtown (Audio CD)
One of Toby's best. A good combination of fast and slow songs. Loved all the songs but No Honor Among Thieves is my favorite.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not My Favorite, July 21, 2007
ZoeM (Ruston, LA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Toby's Second Album, April 28, 2012
Cassee48 (Burnsville, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomtown (Audio CD)
From 1994, this is Toby's second album which contains both upbeat songs and ballads. Even though it is early Toby, it is still true Toby. His hair is a lot longer; and he's a lot of pounds lighter in the artwork pictures, but the sound is all Toby as you know him today. Hits like: "You Ain't Much Fun(Since I Quit Drinking)", Who's That Man", and Big Ol' Truck" are on this album. A lovely ballad, "In Other Words", is also on here. For a change of pace from the current songs of today, give "Boomtown" a listen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Boomtown, July 25, 2005
Carolyn B. Frye (College Place, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomtown (Audio CD)
This is a good CD. It doesn't have some of the favorite songs of Toby Keith, but he is a good singer, and his style comes through here too.

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Boomtown (Audio CD)
I thought Toby Keith's first cd was really good. I think this one is just as good. And is actually more consistant. It had three hits. Who's That Man Big Ol' Truck and You Aint Much Fun. But this is one of those cds that you could put on random and any song could have been a hit. Victoria's Secret is a good song with a hook. No Honor Among Thieves is a good outlaw song. Boomtown is a good blue collar working song and In Other words is a good love song. this cd shows that Toby Keith can do any kind of song. And it being his second cd. Showed that he was going to be around for awhile.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Toby, May 28, 2007
This review is from: Boomtown (Audio CD)
I call this vintage Toby because it is Toby before he adopted the American Country symbol that he is today. With several slow songs and the faster songs being pretty tame, it's very different than the current Toby. With "Boomtown" being the only song that remotely celebrates a time in America, a new listener would hardly believe this tamer Toby.

Still, a good listen for a true Toby fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars More good Toby Keith, September 21, 2012
This review is from: Boomtown (Audio CD)
Boomtown is one of the last of the 14 Toby Keith CD's I have bought. I thought the songs on this earlier album would sound less polished than his newer
music. Not so! Maybe its because I'm such a huge fan of his but far as I'm concerned there are no bad songs on this CD or any other one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but then I love Toby Keith, January 7, 2010
BJ (Camlachie, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomtown (Audio CD)
I love everything about Toby Keith. I am in the fan club for him and I follow him wherever he goes as long as I can. He is great! I have every CD and DVD and even Song book that he has done as well as other souveniers of his.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, August 2, 2007
This review is from: Boomtown (Audio CD)
I got this on recommendation from a friend. Although I like Country Western music in the older styles of Willie Nelson and George Jones, I was kind of turned off by this one. I just found the lyrics to be rather silly and juvenile and although Toby has a good voice and can play guitar well, it just was not to my liking. I would recommend later releases like Unleashed and Shock'n Y'all which are much stronger CD's of his and have more bang for the buck.

Boomtown
Boomtown by Toby Keith (Audio CD - 2007)
Click for more info