From the Back Cover
Ask the right questions and hire the best people!
To get the perfect fit for every position you hire for, it's important to have an accurate evaluation system and the skills to back it up. Written by the renowned Interview Coach at Monster.com, Boost Your Hiring IQ hones your interviewing techniques and helps you find the right person for the job, each and every time. As you take the Manager's Hiring IQ Test-50 fun, thought-provoking questions on a wide variety of hiring topics-you'll discover how to:
- Identify your interviewing strengths and weaknesses and improve them
- Assess the job requirements before the interview
- Set the interview stage and put candidates at ease
- Ask questions designed to reveal the abilities and traits you seek
- Listen for rehearsed responses and probe for the real answers
- Handle sensitive issues and difficult situations
- Effectively evaluate and rate candidates to avoid costly hiring errors
About the Author
Carole Martin is a professional interviewing expert, columnist, and the celebrated author of Boost Your Interview IQ and Perfect Phrases for the Perfect Interview. She is a sought-after speaker who has been quoted in the New York Times, USA Today, Chicago Tribune, and numerous national magazines.