Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on June 6, 2002
Poor ol' BOOT HILL doesn't have the best reputation among fans of sphaghetti-westerns, but it's not entirely the movie's fault. While it sure has lots of flaws and is on-par with later efforts of the genre (or later efforts of Bud & Terence), fans of the genre could easily squeeze some joy out of this.
Seems like most people judge this movie on it's alternate title TRINITY RIDES AGAIN. This doesn't make sense at all since it was made BEFORE anybody thought of the two later TRINITY movies and has close to zero similarities to them. What all three have in common is of course the presence of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill team up to help (more or less for the completely wrong reasons) the poor against the big bad opressors, in this case some evil gold-mining company. BOOT HILL is a very disjointed movie, it starts off as a serious and mean spirited italo-western and ends up in the usual TRINITY-style with the two legends beating up as many badguys as possible. The overall disjointedness is the pictures biggest fault, if you can look over it, you'll find some things to like here (if you are a fan of the genre):
The scenery and photography is excellent and the movie has some real highlights of scenes just watch Terence's encountering with one of his followers in a big, stonhedge-like circle of stones. The chemistry between him and the not-quite-as-bully Spencer works for the picture, even if Bud doesn't show up until the movie is half over. The circus-element is quite likeable too, I really could relate to the revenge-motive one character carries throughout the movie. Until the end, BOOT HILL doesn't offer much of the usual Hill-Spencer-Humor which is possibly for the better, the movie is at it's strongest when things are played serious.
So yes, this isn't one of the best movies (or even the best italo-westerns) ever made, but it sure has alot going for it. Forgive BOOT HILL becoming a complete suckfest in the last 15 minutes and see it as it is. This is not a "trinity" movie and was never intended to be, so keep that in mind!
on November 4, 2005
Don't expect a comedy in the vein of TRINITY or THEY CALL ME TRINITY. If you do, you are in for a fall. Both of those were silly but redeemed themselves by being entertaining. This one has no such pretensions. It is merely boring.

The story concerns a corrupt mining company out to cheat the local town's folk out of their claims. They do this through intimidation and violence. When a couple of friends get hold of a claim, they put together a plan to secure that claim and those of the rest of the town from the bad guys. To do this, they enlist the aide of a traveling circus to serve as a distraction. They yell, they fight, they wrestle, they shoot and then they do it some more. Its not very exciting cinema.

This production is made worse by the DVD. I suspect that the original film was a rather low budget affair. The DVD, however, is of such low quality that who could really tell? The edges are clipped off, the transfer is grainy and the effect is of someone holding a hidden handycam in a theater trying to bootleg it. IT was not worth the effort.

Spaghetti westerns can be fun. This one, however, needs the Pepto Bismol right from the beginning to drive off the heartburn.
on February 23, 1999
One of the three "Cat Stevens" films that immediately preceded the breakthrough "Trinity" films, Terence Hill and Bud Spencer are not yet in the full characters they are famous for. The film is interesting mainly for the glimpses of how the Trinity/Bambino characters were developed. Do not expect comedy, although there are a couple moments of it. Directing OK but film shows its age and circus scenario will be too exotic for many tastes. Some viewers will find the film more dull than moody or stylish (as the director seemed to intend). Film was pretty well received by audiences in the late 1960s, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
on August 30, 2015
Not one of my favorite Spaghetti westerns. I am a big fan of Terrence Hill, but this is not some of his best work. His voice was also dubbed in this movie and that was a problem for me. The story moved along slowly. Not enough action. I can not recommend.
on December 16, 2005
I have yet to actually watch more than the first 10 mins. The quality is so bad I refused to go any further. For the life of me I can see how any Studio worth its salt could release anything so poor; where has "Pride In Your Work" gone. I could hardly make out the actors in this movie.

I skipped forward by chapters just to see if some change had taken place, but to my dismay there was none. I am not one of those critics always writing bad reviews, in fact this is probably my second ever. I just had to warn other buyers so they don't get shafted like I did.

In all fairness the movie itself may actually be great but for me what is the use if its un-watchable. Its almost like a bad bootleg movie (I refuse to watch those too). I am sure they could have spent some more time and money to remaster it and get all the graininess out and bring clarity to this film.

All in all this is just my opinion and I hope it helps someone save their money, however if you don't mind the picture quality get it because I love the Trinity Saga.
on November 2, 2015
Bad quality of film. Story a little goofy. European takes on western-style stories are often amusing to those of us actually raised in the "Old West" of Arizona, New Mexico and such. If this was the first, then it paved the way for smoother characterizations and storylines in the My name is Trinity series.
on November 15, 2014
I love all spaghetti westerns and i have a great collection and when I seen this movie for sale I was extremely excited. I was hoping it would be better quality then a version I had seen on one of those "20 movies on one dvd" type deal. I was wrong though. Don't get me wrong, I love the hill / Spencer duo but the picture quality is sometimes very hard to handle. A lot of great spaghetti's have rough dubbing (which adds to their charm) and rouch picture quality but on this version of Boot Hill I couldn't get past how the picture is cut off on each side of the screen. Buying through this seller was great and easy and I would buy through them again but the movie itself disappointed me. Also, like the other reviews say this is not a 3rd Trinity movie so don't expect it.
on May 2, 2016
Nice amusing western that is a parody of the "spaghetti" westerns. Terrence Hill reprises his role as Trinity with Bud Spencer as the Bambino (even though they don't specifically call them that) from the "My Name is Trinity" and 'Trinity is Still My Name' fame with the obligatory shoot-outs and punch-them-ups. All in all, a nice way to spend an hour and a half.
on December 11, 2015
Wow! What a disappointment! We actually watched the WHOLE thing waiting for it to get good or funny, both of which never happened. I still can't tell you what the plot of the movie was. That's 2 hours we'll never get back. We are huge fans of the "Trinity" movies, so we were hoping for more of the same.
on October 22, 2013
Once again I am a total fan of the team of Terence Hill and Bud Spencer so any movie they are in I love to collect! This is a must for the collection and total enjoyment for the eartier films! Fun entertainment!