Useable on Windows 7 PC (NOT Bootcamp?) I've heard mixed results on using the Apple Magic Track Pad on a PC. Many say it only does the basics, some reviewers say that third-part drivers are available for it, etc. I was just curious if anybody here has the Apple running successfully on Windows 7, with gestures working (they may do something different on 7 as opposed to a Mac, but they still do something)?

Thanks!
asked by J. M. Taylor on May 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Purchased it a few hours ago. Using it right now on my Win 7 laptop. Had to buy a Bluetooth dongle though. When first pairing and connecting, the experience was "meh.." however I downloaded the windows drivers and an application called "magic Trackpad Control Panel" and suddenly the Trackpad became a little monster. I'm loving the new experience so far (although it took me a while to understand how to drag windows/select text, etc -you double tap but leave your finger in contact with the trackpad on the second tap and then move it around) You can find more info regarding the drivers and app here: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/apple-magic-trackpad-control-panel-adds-trackpad-properties-in-windows-7/
R. Rupp answered on February 7, 2013
Comments (5) | 18 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it works perfectly.
Please see this post to know how to install it in the proper way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Yx-gYZ7mk

Good luck
Scorpion answered on December 22, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I used Rupp's installation method and it seems to be the easiest. I also had to purchase a Bluetooth dongle. The magic trackpad control panel is very helpful. Now that I have everything installed, the trackpad works like a charm. The tracking is very smooth. I think the best way to drag is to hold down the left button at the bottom of the trackpad and move your finger on the trackpad.
James4765 answered on February 24, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yes they do work it has nothing to do with the trackpad and whether the computer is apple or not it's connected with bluetooth which all modern laptops and desktops have.
Game monarch answered on September 30, 2012
Comment | 2 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product