Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Puss in Boots / The Three Diablos (Two-Disc Double DVD Pack)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 12, 2012
I first saw this movie in the theater, in 3D, because I "had" to go with a group, and they had young children. I was actually looking forward to taking a nap for a couple of hours after getting only 4 hours sleep the night before. But after the first couple of minutes, everything changed....

From the very beginning, this movie captures your attention and doesn't let go. The graphics were absolutely outstanding! And the jokes were actually... funny!!! And the MUSIC? Totally engaging and blanketed the entire film with a Spanish ambience that only added to the already exciting experience. The 3D from the theater was superb, I might add. But many weeks after leaving the theater, I saw this was available on Amazon... and I just HAD to HAVE it! Everything the movie offered couldn't possibily have been diminished to the point where ordering this DVD to watch at home in 2D would be pointless.... just for the music alone!

Every twist and turn in the movie was unexpected and exciting. Every time I thought I could predict what would happen next -- BAM! Within seconds, the movie took a new turn with head-slapping moments of disbelief.

I wouldn't dream of putting any spoilers here to rob you of the level of enjoyment I had when viewing it for the first time. I was no fan of Puss or anything remotely related to Shrek as far back as Shrek 1. But THIS movie? IT WAS OUTTA SITE!!!!!!!!!

Note on the Three Diablos: This product does have The Three Diablos DVD in the package for several dollars more than buying the featured movie alone. This movie/short doesn't have the impact the feature movie does, nor did I expect it to. It's only 11 minutes in length, and features three "baby" pusses with swords as the "stars"... sort of like "little pusses in boots," the way the "baby muppets" spun off the original muppets. I only saw parts of this short, but that was on You Tube (the full 11 minutes version) and before I purchased this set. The only reason I ordered this set and not the movie alone was that I knew I'd be pulling it out for some of my friends' kids who visit from time to time and thought they may enjoy it (kids' taste do often differ from adults' taste ... never met a kid yet that said "I hate that cartoon!" -- they love everything!!). And I certainly didn't want to enter a situation where those kids knew about the second movie's existence or may have had it at home and then ask ME if I had it. I didn't want to disappoint the yunguns who would be watching this and thought the little bit difference in price was not unwarranted and was worth having it on hand.

Ages 1 to 101, get the popcorn and enjoy! Adios, amigos!
on July 30, 2012
The creators of "Puss in Boots" must have had cat lovers in mind when they made this delightful movie gem. Intertwined with human - qualities is cat behaviour so familiar to cat - lovers and owners! Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek made a great (and very funny) team, as they lend their voices to the title character and his love interest, Kitty Softpaws.

Besides being highly - entertaining, the film contains messages about morals, friendship and facing one's mistakes in life. Movie scenes pay homage to such films as "Fight Club," "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Lord of the Rings." Billy Bob Thornton and Amy Sedaris are hilarious as Jack and Jill, who are more reminiscent of Bonnie and Clyde than characters in a children's tale.

Also, I enjoy the Latin flavour that threads its way throughout "Puss in Boots" and its storyline. Especially the music! Even Lady Gaga - whose song 'Americano' is featured - gets in on the act.

And, I suspect, the film's Humpty Dumpty is a gay character. At least, that's the impression I get.
on February 6, 2014
Just fun to own and see when the mood for silly strikes. I loved the movie in the theater, so I had to own it! The Three Diablos is okay, although, not as good as the first movie. It is fun but Puss and Boots is my favorite!!.....
on July 20, 2012
I liked Puss in Boots, especially when they showed him as a kitten, so I wanted to see the Three Diablos short film. It's only 11 minutes. The animation of the kittens is not the same quality as Puss in Boots. They don't look furry, but more like a Sims character with a pattern over a flat surface. There were a couple cute moments but it wasn't too entertaining. I would want to see more of Puss in Boots as a kitten, but Three Diablos doesn't satisfy that for me.
on December 10, 2012
This is one of the few "cartoons" that I've watched as an adult that:

#1 Kept my interest (the story is good, the music is great, ...)

#2 Made me laugh out loud

#3 I would watch again

#4 Is appropriate for all ages

I bought this originally for my youngest nephew who is fascinated with cats although he's not allowed to have one yet. (I have two, so he may have fixated on mine.)

To my surprise Guillermo Del Toro is behind this and I liked it so much I may have to by myself a copy!
on March 7, 2012
I ordered the double pack (puss in Boots movie and the Three Diablos "movie") for my 5 yr old daughter because she saw a commercial for the movie and it said it came with the Three Diablos movie. It finally came in the mail, she was super excited, she popped in the Three Diablos, and it was 11 minutes long. She was extremely disappointed, as was I. Now I know why in the "description", it didn't say the length of the "movie". She loves the Puss In Boots movie, its a great movie. She just thought, as did I, that she was getting another Puss in Boots movie.
on April 7, 2012
If I had known that "The Three Diablos" movie included with "Puss in Boots" was only 12 minutes long I would have saved a few bucks and purchased only "Puss in Boots".

"Puss in Boots" rated higher in my opinion than reviews by critics.
on March 8, 2012
I took my four year old daughter to see this in the theatre and then bought it for her (with the additional Diablos DVD as well) when it was released. She loved it! The story could have definitely been stronger, but it is a very sweet movie and the music and dancing is fun and enjoyable. Many animated movies include adults just as much as they do the kids, and while I can't say that 100% for this movie, it was entertaining enough for the whole family.
on August 26, 2012
This movie is great and fun to watch.
The picture quality is very good and the sound is wonderful.
The short movie 'The 3 Diablos' is very good. Puss in Boots / The Three Diablos (Two-Disc Double DVD Pack)
on August 9, 2013
I chose this rating because my two year old granddaughter loves it!

I loved the humor all the way through it.

I would recommend this product to all small children as well as to most adults who love to laugh.