Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 8, 2011
This bike trailer is perfect for our small dog, a Yorkie mix about 11 lbs. Good quality construction and looks nice. She took right to it thanks to her familiarity with sleeping in her soft sided crate. Instructions include tips for getting your dog used to the trailer if you need help with that. Shipping was quick, arrived within a few days. Shipping carton clearly states on all sides not to drop or throw. Obviously UPS doesn't pay attention to that, as the end of the metal frame punctured through the cardboard (cheap Chinese cardboard). No damage though so it wasn't a problem. The Amazon.com website description says the trailer has "side storage pockets", but it DOES NOT. Maybe the larger models do. Would be nice to have pockets of some kind but not a deal-breaker.

The hitch attaches to the bike easily (my bike has quick release hub) and attaching the hitch took less than a minute or two. The trailer is lightweight and you hardly know you're pulling it, even with a dog inside.

I highly recommend this pet bike trailer if you have a small dog.
on September 30, 2013
I bought the small dog bike trailer (locally in Northern California from the owner) from the Booyah company and was hesitant at first. I was originally seeking a bike trailer to safely tow a puppy with the girlfriend during more intense rides (not just community bike paths and flat recreational rides); We wanted to tow our 13lbs S*** Tzu puppy during more intense rides (between 1,000K and 4,000K feet of climbing and descending). The cheap Wamart and Target trailers feature plastic rims that I do not trust with my dogs life. Expensive trailers at the local bike shop run from $300 to $600:( At first, the Booyah trailer seemed so much cheaper then the big name brands; However, after meeting the owner and discussing all the creative ideas he put into the design (along with him cutting out the middle man and dealing direct) -I opted to give it ago (why not for the price, right?). In sum: TOTALLY WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

Test Results for the Booyah Small Trailer (with 13lb puppy):

Dog test: Small S*** Tzu was standing in the trailer for the first hour overwhelmed with the new experience....then she laid down the remainder of the trip and appeared happy (no whining or barking, just wagging her tail). We stopped several times to explore the area outside of the trailer (good idea to also bring a water bowl for pup on long rides). She seemed to treat the trailer like her crate at home: with respect, joy, and comfort.

Turning / Corning Test: Many bike trailers (including high priced ones) flip or tip-over when cornering. I can say with confidence that I took numerous acute corners between 15 and 20mph (over an 18 mile ride with over a 1,000ft of climbing) with no problems at all. As long as you take sharp turns / corners around 17 mph, there should be no problem. I have not gone faster then 20mph on corners as that would be pushing it (I do love my dog an would not endanger her).

Max Speed Test: Descending down steep hills was easier then I thought. I reached 27mph with the trailer attached going down a steep street (with minimum corners) and never felt the trailer or dog behind me. The trailer was responsive and followed along with ease.

Cute Test: Everybody loves this trailer! It turns heads and serves as a conversation starter with strangers.

Climbing Test: Climbing with extra weight behind you is difficult, but not impossible. You will feel more challenged then usual; However, the trailer helps you burn more calories and develop more muscles -GREAT training method that builds muscle and dog happiness together.

Installation: Super easy and straight forward (came mostly assembled from owner). The trailer comes with the mounting hitch for the bike.

Storage: Quick, easy, and folds into a small square that is easily transportable.

Negatives:

No storage pouch for gear or dog supplies (medium bike trailer from Booyah solves this).

Does rattle sometimes with rough road conditions (pot holes, road bumps, etc), but does not interfere with functionality.

Conclusion: One of the best products on the market for the money. Bar-none!
review image review image review image
on January 15, 2012
We purchased this bike trailer and have loved it! I requires almost no assembly, is well made and easy to attach to the bike. The workmanship is very high quality. There are reflectors on almost every surface: sides, front, back and the wheels! It is easy to get our dog into the trailer, there is a front wind guard and the roof has a choice of screen or canvas depending on the weather.

We would highly recommend this product!
on October 7, 2011
Great product...our little Stella loves it! Easy to put together {although written directions are POOR!) Would recommend for small dogs...who love to be outside with their Mom's and Pop's!
on November 16, 2012
This is a very sturdy carrier, the wheels doff and don very easily, attached easily to my Cannondale. My little dog runs about a mile, then rides a mile, then runs another mile (on leash beside bike). Now I can go farther. Was getting weary of travelling the same 4 miles just so she could get some exercise. One thing I really like is being able to load this in a side door since I have a bike carrier on the back of my RAV 4.
If you buy one, look for the instructions under the bottom pad.
on July 5, 2015
We bought this trailer for our 16.5 pound beagle. We went 7 miles up and down pretty steep hills on a windy paved bike path. She seemed comfortable and it felt safe and secure. She spent the majority of ride with her head sticking out sunroof but also laid down inside for a portion. We are very happy with this purchase!
review image
on July 22, 2014
This is a great product. Easy on and off my bike. My dog loves it. Secondary rain sheilds you can lower over the top and front, but the back and side have only one layer--just screens. This is smart as some fool wouldn't be able to seal it and cause a dog to die from the heat. It also has loads of reflecting surfaces and comes with an orange flag. Very stable. One wheel rode over a curb and it didn't tip. They put a lot of thought into this little trailer.
on June 6, 2015
Pretty easy to put together. Pop the wheels on & latch the upper spreader bar in place (needs a little bit of umph to do). 8lb Yorkie fits with room to move around. The included tie-down leash is way too heavy for a little dog. Going to add a Velcro strip in the corner for a water bowl.
on February 2, 2016
Really like this trailer. It was listed as used but looks brand new. Not scratches, tears, or damage. Works great for taking my little dog on longer trips.seems to be well made. All the parts fit perfectly. Had it assembled and on the road in less than ten minutes.
on April 18, 2014
Wow we love this little trailer. It is just the right size for our 15 lb cocker. The trailer is actually more roomy than the add leaves you to believe. Almost no assembly is required, and it breaks down super fast. It also work well for hauling over night type of supplies when you are doing a road trip of rails to trails. It is more work, but it is still a great way to transport things or your dog.