5.0 out of 5 stars Pregnancy wedge that has multiple uses

Published 14 months ago by Ksip

5.0 out of 5 stars Pregnancy wedge that has multiple uses, March 4, 2011
Shanody (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
I got this wedge to support my tummy when sleeping on my side while pregnant. I already had the Boppy full support body pillow which I loved, but still did not get the adequate support for my baby belly when using the body pillow alone. The wedge is small and worked well with my body pillow. I would tuck this wedge in under my belly and it did make a difference, making me more comfortable. The slipcover zips off, washes nicely, and easily zips back on. The wedge is made of a firm foam. The only nuisance was when I had to switch sides due to my hips going numb, I would have to readjust my wedge every time, but it only took a few seconds as it is a good compact size.

I continued to use this wedge after my baby was born for a few different uses. We used it in his bassinet, underneath the top part of the mattress to raise my baby's head as the rounded part of the wedge fit perfectly in it. My baby could not lay flat due to spit up and acid reflux issues, so the wedge provided the perfect rise. I also used it during nursing to provide an added boost to baby's head. I placed it underneath my baby's head, on top of the regular Boppy pillow to raise his head closer for nursing. We also used it to raise my baby's head when he was lying down next to us. We monitored him at all times whenever we used it this way.

Overall this wedge has been used a lot, more than we originally thought when purchasing it. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Miracle Pillow, July 20, 2011
A.P. (Grand Rapids, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
I call this my "miracle pillow" and I take it with me anytime I have to sleep away from home.

When I was not even into my second trimester yet, I began having pain in my hips that would wake me up several times a night. I tried putting a regular pillow between my legs, and also purchased a body pillow thinking that would help, neither helped, AT ALL! Then one day I ran across this product on Amazon and since it was such a good price, decided to give it a try. I didn't think it would help me until my belly got larger, but I tried it the first night I had it anyway. Now it doesn't CURE the pain entirely, but it certainly helped a great deal! I have been sleeping much better now that I have this pillow, and now that I'm well into my second trimester I have found other increasingly helpful uses for it, such as back support while sitting on the couch. I also use it to sleep on my back in the night when side sleeping is no longer working by propping it under my right side so that I am not "flat" on my back.

I HIGHLY recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, June 19, 2011
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
I read a lot of reviews for this pregnancy wedge and many women felt that once you pass a certain point in pregnancy (aka get to big) this is worthless. I do not feel the same way. I got this wedge at 7 months pregnant, now almost 8 and I use it every night and just love it. It give me the extra support needed in the belly area to feel completely comfortable. Plus it is easy to flip with you because of it's size when you need to flip over. If you are not looking for the full body pregnancy pillow and just something to help support your belly I highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2nd trimester, too firm for 3rd., May 21, 2014
Krystal T (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
I absolutely loved this wedge in the 2nd trimester. I would constantly wake up with sore side muscles from the weight of my baby belly pulling in the night. This wedge helped add some support and I slept much much better. For the 2nd trimester, I give it 5 stars.

However, I am now in the eighth month, and my belly is large enough that most of it rests on the mattress when I sleep on my sides. The wedge is now too thick and firm for comfort and I have not used it in the past few weeks. Something that might make it better would be if there were 2 wedges inside the cover to make the thickness adjustable.

Overall a great pregnancy pillow for the early stages of pregnancy and when I had a smaller belly bump, but not so great once my belly grew larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best $15 you can spend, November 2, 2012
Sam (Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
After many sleepless nights for my wife due to back pain, being uncomfortable on her sides, and distress due to baby being pushed downwards, I decided to buy this wedge for her.

Wow. What a difference it has made to both my wife and baby to be. My wife now finds that her back is better aligned and that the baby no longer 'drops' towards the mattress. Also, not only does she sleep better at night, but she also uses the wedge when lying on the sofa. She doean't go anywhere in the house without it now!

It has a removable outer cover so it can be washed. I'm not so keen on the color scheme but hey it's going to be used in bed - it's not meant to be a fashion accessory! It also comes in a stiff plastic bag that can be used for other things (store baby's bath toys etc).

Such a simple idea yet an effective one. Do your wife (or yourself) a favor and get this wedge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
This is much more helpful then those giant pillows. I started getting hip pain at night from sleeping only on my left side (best for baby) and I finally found this to be the trick. I wedge this pillow under my belly and hip and have a body pillow behind me. My hips are elevated just enough to take the pressure off. Good firmness for my needs. I have used it between my legs too but it is not quite rite for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and comfy, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
Love this pillow. Instead of the gigantic wrap around preggo pillow that I'm sure would not fit in my bed and appeared not to support both my belly and my back, I got two of these wedges. They are small and are doing the job perfectly. I can flip side to side all night and not have to reposition anything. With a standard pillow between my knees my hips are happy too. Recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for petites, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
I bought this item when I was starting to get uncomfortable when sleeping (around 4 months), hoping that it would support my belly. It didn't feel right, so I stopped using it and thought I would go back to it later in my pregnancy when I was a bit bigger. Fast forward to now, just starting my 7th month, and my belly is a lot bigger, but this item still does not work for me.

My issue is with the edges of the wedge - instead of tapering to a really thin layer, the edges dig into my rib cage and hip, making it very uncomfortable to sleep on. I'm petite - 5'2 - but have a relatively long torso for my height. Maybe if I were taller, the edges of the pillow wouldn't hit my ribs and hip bones.

Oh, and it did have a strong smell when it first arrived. I washed the cover and aired the whole thing out for a few days before trying to use it.

If I could return a pillow, this would be going back. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good head rest., November 26, 2014
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
I'm a man, and I use this as a head rest in my recliner while watching TV. Great for that, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth it!, November 19, 2014
This review is from: Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge (Baby Product)
Yea, once I hit month 4 or 5, I couldn't really sleep without this. It's perfect size to prop up the belly and keep it from being unsupported and uncomfortable. I like this so much that i've actually traveled with it to visit family. It's not too large, so it fits perfectly in a carry-on suitcase. The one thing I will say, now that I'm approaching the end of my pregnancy, is that it does compress down after a while. The cover on it is noticeably loose now, where-as before, it was taught. I'm guessing that just happens as the belly gets larger and heavier. Still, it will have survived nightly use for the better part of 5 months by the time I'm done with it. Definitely worth the purchase!

Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge