Questions & Answers
Borax Laundry Booster, 76 oz Box
by Borax
4.4 out of 5 stars (357)
$9.99
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 questions
votes
does it kill ants> Mar 14, 2013
Mix equal parts sugar and this product and place in a container that you can secure the top of. Sugar attracts the ants to this source. Poke holes in the bottom of the containers so the ants can enter to ingest the product. They will eat it and carry it back to the nest where it will either kill them or render them infertile, there are two schools of thought on this - but it certainly does work even on those HUGE carpenter ants that are downright scary looking. In the beginning, you may need to reapply every year or two. It only takes a small amount of borax. Borax has some toxicity and shouldn't be ingested, it is much less toxic than commercial ant killer, and you don't spray it around the house. Safer for you, your children and pets. Been using it since I was a teen and I'm in my 50's now and still telling people how well it works. It also works on some roaches but since I can't tell one breed from another can't tell you which ones.
May 15, 2013 by Ila in Maine
votes
Because it is a rip off. Pure and simple. I suckered for it. Don't you do it, too.
Jun 25, 2014 by caprae
votes
Yes, Yes and Yes. we use it per instructions on the box. Do not over use it as that is just a waste.Sugest you go to web page for usage. We love the stuff. Secret, WallMart is Much Cheaper :O~
Aug 31, 2013 by Ventura
vote
The only ingredient is sodium tetra borate. It is a naturally occurring mineral which has been mined in the Mojave Desert in California since the 1800s.
Oct 4, 2013 by Sam Setser
vote
mold Dec 12, 2013
Yes, it will kill mold! But you have to know how to use it for each item. Where is the mold?
Dec 12, 2013 by C. Dickerson
vote
It most certainly can, I have used it for a while and am more that happy. Best of LUCK :)
Jul 14, 2014 by Patti J.
vote
Yes - says for all washing machines including "he" here: http://www.20muleteamlaundry.com/detergent-booster/boost-your-detergent/ One thing to note: we just got a front loading machine. It says to put the powder in with the clothes instead of the detergent tray. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind that. My wife put oxi-clean powder in and there was a hardened ball of it that didn't get broken up so just make sure all your solids are not clumped up when putting into the machine. I just put the borax into the liquid tray with the liquid. Not recommending that. Not discouraging it either. ******One thing: check local prices. My wife informed me that this is less than half at the local grocery store from what I paid here.*******
Dec 4, 2013 by caprae
vote
Yes--add 1/4 c to bottom of dishwasher-takes all the calcium spots off the dishes
Sep 27, 2013 by Donna Plunkett
vote
It has been used as a cleanser for about 100 or more years. It was used by my parents 80 yrs ago. You will simply need to try it yourself in that regard. All these modern chemicals produce problems quite often in terms of allergies, as well as toxicity in relation to interactions. KISS principle is best.
Apr 1, 2014 by Robert Gross
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers