Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Borderlands 2 - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 72% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Borderlands 2 - Xbox 360
|Price:||$11.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$8.50 (43%)|
- Dynamic Co-op online, split-screen and LAN: Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN. Borderlands 2 features a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story: You will find yourself left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora as you begin your quest of revenge and redemption.
- New Badass Gun System: An entirely new take on the groundbreaking procedural system means millions upon millions of possible weapons. The variety and style of guns in Borderlands 2 is staggering.
- 87 Bazillion Everything: In addition to the new gun system, you will lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, Alien Artifacts, class mods and much, much more. And you thought the original Borderlands had a ton of loot!
- Brand new environments on Pandora: Hunt through entirely brand new areas of Pandora that are more alive than ever!
- Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game
- Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN with a seamless co-op system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game
|Introducing Battleborn: the next generation of shooter from the creators of Borderlands|
Slash and parry, run and gun, cast and dash, or simply obliterate all foes all while building and growing your personal team of heroes. Choose your hero and fight alone or co-operatively alongside friends in a campaign to save the Last Star, or battle against them in fast-faced competitive multiplayer matches. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Borderlands 2 is a hybrid First-Person Shooter, RPG game focused on over-the-top co-op play, and set in the open-world game environment of the planet Pandora. The second game in the game series, Borderlands 2 raises the 'loot and shoot' action of the original game with an even larger and more detailed world to explore, an updated gun system, a new cast of characters and character classes, and integration of storyline with action.
Over-the-Top 'Shoot and Loot' Action Returns
Borderlands 2, sequel to the critically acclaimed and best selling role-playing-shooter hybrid, once again delivers its unique flavor, characters and addictive nonstop collaborative loot-shoot gameplay. As in the original game, Borderlands 2 features an openworld game environment, but this time around the world players experience is larger and packed with more depth at all levels. The game features an all-new cast of characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons, and equipment that come together in a carefully crafted and connected story. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption through the undiscovered and unpredictable living world of Pandora.
Key Game Features
- All-New Characters and Classes - Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course. Dual sniper rifles? sure, if that’s your thing.
- Play Online with Friends - Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story - Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, handsome Jack.
- New Badass Gun System - Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
- 87 Bazillion...Everything - It's not just guns on Pandora, you will lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
- Brand-new Environments - From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn.
- Brand-new Enemies - Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory stalkers and the hyperion mechanical army, run by handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will face.
Continued focus on co-op play.
Hybrid FPS and RPG gameplay.
New badass gun system.
More detailed open-world.
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
Story-87/100 (Smartly written, funny, and features a lot of personality)
Sound-88/100 (Great voice acting and moody music compliment the experience)
Game play-94/100(Borderlands 2's RPG elements jell together with a very playable game)
Replay Value-93/100 (A lengthy game, co-op, and much more make for a game you will play over and over again)
When Borderlands was released back in 2009, it surprised everyone with it's unique hybrid of shooting and role playing. Borderlands was definitely unique, and personally, I thought it was the first true RPG/FPS hybrid. Sure, there were games like System Shock 2 beforehand, but SS2 isn't so much a shooter as it is an action role playing survival horror hybrid, and from a FPS standpoint, it's actually horribly repetitive and clunky. But Borderlands combined Diablo-style looting and frantic FPS combat, all the while providing for some of the most intense and satisfying gun play in a shooter. Borderlands was definitely a breath of fresh air in the FPS market, and it's a darn shame we don't have more games in the genre like it. Now, Borderlands is back with this top notch sequel, and the series is better than ever.
I won't say too much about the single player experience, but given the amount of missions available, it seems Borderlands 2 will provide a lengthy, satisfying experience. I'm not finished with the game yet, but I can tell that it isn't going to end any time soon. People who have beaten it already have said the game will take around 30 hours to complete, so single player fans will be satisfied. From what I gather, numerous reviewers are saying that you will want to play through the entire game more than once (!Read more ›
GAMEPLAY: if you aren't familiar with BL, the best way to explain this is to take the addicting looting system of Diablo and combine it with the basic elements of an FPS, throwing in some RPG via an inventory and skill tree. That's essentially the mechanics of the game, and it all slams together so well here. You have four basic classes to choose to play from, and each class has three paths to focus on in a skill tree -- this means there's plenty of variation to play. In addition to these basic mechanics, the game is open-world, though it may feel semi-linear as you can only explore on an area-by-area basis (think the opposite of an Elder Scrolls game, where you can walk around the entire map without hitting a loading screen until accessing a dungeon). I have to say, with combining so many of our favorite gaming formulas, this game has so many highlights. Sometimes I felt like I was playing something akin to Skyrim. Other times, the ambiance of a specific area or the design of a specific feature reminded me of BioShock. And sometimes certain things brought me back to my Fallout 3 days. However, I never forgot I was playing a completely new adventure that easily whisked me away for hours in the unique and captivating world of Pandora. Lastly, I can't forget the guns. No joke, there are millions of guns you can find. It is so satisfying to find a ridiculous weapon and destroy enemies for the next three hours with it, only to find another weapon that is even better.Read more ›
The second question asked, "Is it better than BL1?" and the answer is "Yes...for the most part."
So what's improved?
Better gun mechanics (sound, feel and diversity), more humor, more frequent boss and sub-boss battles, easier to get a co-op game going and see who's online playing, character skill trees are improved (more focused on your play style than there being clearly better skills to pursue), friends can select quests in co-op games rather than having to tell the "party leader" to do it, grenades are much more useful with some nice variety, the new enemies are well designed (not only are there more, but a few can do things like level up or heal other bad guys), you can now dismember baddies, you can now tag items in your inventory as "trash" or "favorite" so you remember what to sell next time at the vending machine, you can now directly trade with people, you automatically pick up money and ammo (but thankfully not loot), combat is more organic (enemies take cover, flank you, dodge attacks), there are tons of missions (took me 40+ hours to finish the game having completed all but a couple side quests) and perhaps my favorite improvement, you can now move around while in "Fight For Your Life" mode meaning you'll no longer die while stuck behind cover. Also of note, single player is much more enjoyable this time around. There's less down time, more dialogue and the enemies/environments allow for better individual strategy.
So what are the negatives?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The first Borderlands game was awesome and this one is no different. If you enjoyed the first one, you'd be a fool not to pick this up at only $10.Published 1 month ago by Zachary Curtis
This is easily the funnest xbox game ever made. period. I have played it close to 100 hours and have absolutely zero remorse. Read morePublished 1 month ago by trevor
This game is fun and the quality of the disc was good. Would recommend it.Published 1 month ago by Youssef Bamieh
My family has left me as a result of this game. Just kidding. Great game and fun with friends.Published 2 months ago by PM Photo