Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Borderlands 2 - Xbox 360 forum

Borderlands 2 is severely flawed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 24, 2012 5:07:28 AM PDT
D. Groveman says:
Let me start out by saying that Borderlands 2 is a great game, and thoroughly enjoyable. Borderlands 2 has improved upon the first Borderlands. There are many improvements and changes. But, the changes don't change the core of the game. However, thought I bought the game prior to its release, and immediately also purchased the Season Pass, I thoroughly regret making this purchase. If you desire to be thorough in your evaluation and decision, then I would suggest you take a careful look at the following Gearbox forum thread, which is still going strong. http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150907&page=1

Borderlands 2 was released with major, major bugs and flaws, that have not been corrected to this day. What is even more frustrating is that Gearbox and 2K have been very slow and measured in their acknowledgment of the existence of problems. I have no idea of the factors that are involved in what would make a game work on one XBOX 360, and not work on another, but that is the case. My son owns the game, plays the game, and has not experienced any problems. From day one, I experienced random sudden freezes, which can only be solved by rebooting XBOX. This is very, very frustrating, when all your progress is lost and you have to go way back to a prior point. You lose loot, guns, XP and some of reported complete loss of characters and BadAss points (explained elsewhere). In this thread, you can see that many people have returned the game, and also see the lack of communication from Gearbox. Had I known what I would be experiencing, I would not have bought this game, Also, I will not be pre-ordering any Gearbox/2K game again. If the game worked as it should, the rating would have been 5 stars on both criteria. But, it is not fun knowing you paid full price for a non-working game. Don't say you weren't warned.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 4:06:49 PM PDT
Dracthor says:
I just found out yesterday that all my BadAss points are gone, the golden keys I saved up got reset to the 1 you start with, and all my heads and skins (even for the cars) are gone. Kinda killed my willingness to play the game knowing that even if I build it up again, I may just lose it all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:42:33 PM PST
Rizzo says:
Ditto. I've had the freezing glitch since week 1 after release and the game has been almost completely unplayable since. Sad thing really, great game. Terrible bugs. I've never experienced a game more broken in my life, and I've been playing games since the NES days.

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 1:56:34 PM PDT
Vicki Swan says:
Ditto here. My daughter and I love this game. However we lost loot, golden keys and weapons. We know the game well and I can say we lost those items to glitches not Rats. It's still a fantastic game and I recommend it, just don't get too disjointed if the game drops some of your stuff.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 24, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about