5.0 out of 5 stars The best mult-player co-op game around
I have Borderlands and all the DLCs for PC and play it almost constantly, both as a single player and multi-player with a group of friends. When I saw that a native Mac version was available I just had to have it.

Published on March 27, 2011 by Lava King

1.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware of "GameRanger" (Buyer Beware)
Borderlands (single player) is a good game on both Mac and PC. With a PC version, you are able to play online with friends using GameSpy (for free). This is not quite the case with the Mac version, please read on for more details.

Published on October 26, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware of "GameRanger" (Buyer Beware), October 26, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition - Mac (Video Game)

The Mac version needs to download a program called "GameRanger" to play online. Not only do you need it (Mac), but any of your Windows friends will need it as well. However, with "GameRanger" you CANNOT VOICE CHAT online! The free version of GameRanger disables the Mic and forces you to buy a Gold or Silver account!!

For online play, "GameRanger" takes over and disables a WORKING FEATURE (your mic) and begs for money. Every time you hit the mic button, you're greeted with a voice saying you need to upgrade your account. This 100% kills the game for me. GameRanger takes a WORKING feature and holds it hostage until you pay them (ransom-ware!). So, not only do you need to buy the game but if you want to talk with your friends online, it's another 19.95 US (silver) and $39.95 for gold - PER YEAR to unlock an already working feature!

This is 100% unacceptable. Had I known this before buying the game, I would have passed. Learn from my mistakes and buyer beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mult-player co-op game around, March 27, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition - Mac (Video Game)

I'm playing it on a base 15" MacBook Pro (Core i5, 2.4 Ghz, 4 GB ram, GeForce GT 330M). The frame rate is a bit low if everything is turned up to High, but putting the settings on Medium smoothed things out considerably. Soon after starting the game the fans in the MacBook ramp up to ludicrous speed but there never seems to be any heat related problems.

The game itself is excellent, no matter what platform you're running it on. It's rather addictive so having it available on your Mac without having to BootCamp could be your salvation while you're away from your gaming rig.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite shooter of the last decade., August 25, 2013
This game is full of whimsy, humor, and carnage - lots of bloody, messy carnage. The cartoony style, the interesting and well-developed characters, and the highly imagined world of Pandora make for an enjoyable playing experience. The stories are interesting, exploring is cool, and the missions are challenging but doable. There are what feels like a million weapons to try, and different skills for each character to learn. It's fun to play on your own. It's fun to play with friends. And because of the different character types and their skill sets, it is also fairly replayable.

One Caveat: This won't play at all well on a 2012 MacBook Air - even with an i7 processor. But it plays great on anything more powerful than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skags. Skags everywhere., October 6, 2013
Risa (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I would have reviewed this game sooner but I instead spend hours upon hours playing this game nearly every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my all-time favorite time killers, December 5, 2012
I don't buy many games for my mac, but this one went on sale for 15.00 and i just thought, "why not". BOY what fun i have had with this game. At first it can seem a little slow, but like any good game it builds and builds and with every new weapon, it just gets THAT much more fun. On top of it all have an extra 4 game included with this game of the year edition i dont expect to be bored for QUITE some time. Well worth the money. My mac is a MBP 2010.

5.0 out of 5 stars engaging gameplay, more than just a shooter, October 4, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition - Mac (Video Game)
This game is set up very well, I am really enjoying the single player game play so far. I play it on my MacBook Pro, and it runs wonderfully. It is nice that you can select a class of character in the beginning then upgrade aspects of that class as you go on in the game. The weapons choices are nice and varied. Driving around in the vehicle is a lot of fun. This game is engaging and is going to provide me months of game play to come. I have already had it for over a month and still enjoy it. You level up your character as you go, which increases your HP (Health Points) and the gear you can use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game., April 3, 2014
DooF (Siegelsbach) - See all my reviews
I ordered this for my mac. It is not a bad game. It is definitely well worth the money. I look forward to more

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, July 31, 2014
Great game with lots of play. I haven't even got to the addons that came with it. Enjoying it very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm not in this. Worst game ever., October 1, 2014
This review is from: Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition - Mac (Video Game)
I'm not in this. Worst game ever.

-Handsome Jack, CEO Hyperion Corporation (Borderlands is developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K)

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!, January 30, 2013
This game is the AMAZING prequel to Borderlands 2. It comes with ALL of the DLC, which ROCKS! This game is made out of pure awesomeness. It's my second favorite game ever, first being Borderlands 2. The only downside is that the multiplayer doesn't really work well, so if you buy this (which you should) then be aware that you probably won't be able to play online. But I never do anyway, so this is perfect for me! BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!

Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition - Mac
Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition - Mac by Feral interactive (Mac OS X, Mac OS X Intel)
Out of stock