Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 7:33:12 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 27, 2012 8:14:27 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:25:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 8:31:07 PM PST
I'm on the same boat as you....I think about my needs, but none justify the price....I don't travel alone that much and already have a 27" 3D monitor with my custom built PC which has HDMI with 120hz refresh rate and 1080P res....I also have a Vita and 3DS, so I have means for mobile gaming.... I'm sure this item is well worth for those whom camp and travel a lot. ... when I do travel, is to places where gaming is the last thing on my mind. I have the cash to buy it, but I know I'll barely use it. .. perhaps I'll buy me the Razer tiamat and saints row the full package instead.

One more thing... there was a screen like this (well, not this great) for the original XBox, and quite honestly. ..I used it maybe 3 or 4 times.
Think about your needs and think about how and when you will use it and how often you'll do it. .. you even made some good points that make a lot of sense. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:16:32 PM PST
GAEMS says:
Allen m,

GAEMS is not for everyone, but I will shed some light on the product. With virtually no lag, you can tell the difference when playing on a GAEMS monitor of any size. A full 70% of our customers never bring their GAEMS PGE outside of the home and yet they use them every day to game on because of the performance and not the "size". I bore folks with the science behind it, but suffice it to say that a 19" monitor viewed at 3-4 feet away is an equal experience to gaming on a 50"+ TV at the optimal distance.

I personally have a theater room and a game room in my home, and though it may sound self-serving to say this - I only game on the Vanguard in my home because other companies' monitor and TV performance do not enhance my gaming like GAEMS technology.

I cannot tell you if GAEMS builds the right PGE for you, but I can tell you that people that buy them do not return them after use because seeing is believing. With Amazon's return policy, I am sure that if you didn't find that the GAEMS Vanguard met or exceeded your expectations, they would take care of you.

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:16:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 8:14:52 PM PST
Allen m says:
Well thanks John. I ordered one yesterday but couldnt find a lot of specific feedback to my concerns so I was worried. I wish I hadnt now. I did see quite a few responses from you on different issue. Just saying that is quality customer service and pride in your work. I may have to order again(but now at $50.00 higher). Any other times that sales come out? I see that the g155 was on a sale on your website. are there plans for new models coming soon?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:48:42 PM PST
GAEMS says:
Allen m,

GAEMS has launched the G155 Sentry as the newest version of the G155. It will continue at $249 with the improvements made while the G155 will hold a lower price point until all remaining units are sold.

The HALO UNSC Vanguard has been such a hit, that GAEMS will release a non-HALO version. Both of those need to remain at $349. Amazon having a sale on the HALO Vanguard took me a bit by surprise. Amazon and our distributor that manages the Amazon account can do whatever they like with pricing, but GAEMS is unsure how they made any money at $299. My guess is that Amazon did this for their customers knowing that the product is a hit.

I do not see sales in the future on the Vanguard (HALO or non-HALO) unless this behavior happens between Amazon and CompuExpert. GAEMS cannot afford to sell below the price we currently sell them at if we want to stay in business :)

It is a difficult market to be a small player in, when you consider we are somewhat competing for consumer dollars against big name monitor companies like Sony, Vizio and others that are billion dollar businesses. We hope that GAEMS technology and our dedication and devotion to the gaming community will help set us apart from the others.

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:51:14 AM PST
I may be able to shed some light here guys, I was having the same dilemna. ITS A BLOODY HALO PORTABLE GAMING ENVIROMENT MADE BY AN AWESOME COMPANY. It looks cool, is cool, is bragworthy, is limited, is bloody awesome, looks awesome, sounds awesome, feels awesome IT IS JUST AWESOME

Sorry, but really, buy it.
Dom

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:11:53 AM PST
I will share my experience with the Vanguard
For online gaming like black ops 2, halo 4 and battlefiled 3 I prefer the vanguard screen over my 46 inch led hdtv. The lag free screen offer great advantage on shooters, and I have seen my performance improve significantly and by this the fun factor also goes up. I use mine everyday in my room, while the big tv is more for rpgs, adventure games and hulu. This product is not a must have for everyone, but anyone can enjoy it and appreciate the advantages of having your own little gaming corner.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 12:53:56 AM PST
GAEMS says:
O. R. Rodriguez,

Well said.

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
GAEMS Halo UNSC Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment (Xbox NOT Included)
GAEMS Halo UNSC Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment (Xbox NOT Included) by GAEMS (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (237)