5.0 out of 5 stars This. Stuff. Works.
Published 11 months ago by ShopGal

1.0 out of 5 stars I applied it per instructions and happily waited for good results
I have always heard boric acid is an effective roach control. This is the first time I have tried it.

Not a single dead roach. I applied it per instructions and happily waited for good results. A week later not a single dead roach. I re-applied very heavily. I observed roaches walking through piles of the stuff, some pausing to investigate it. Still not a...
Published 1 month ago by Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars This. Stuff. Works., October 7, 2013
This review is from: Boric Acid Roach & Ant Killer NET WT. 1 LB. (454 gms) (Lawn & Patio)
I have no idea why this got bad reviews. If it did, you didn't use it right. I bought this and sprinkled it like everyone else said LIGHTLY everywhere I've ever seen a roach and literally within hours, roaches were coming out of nowhere trying to get away from it. It gets bad before it gets better because they hate the stuff and can't breathe around it. That same day i was seeing dead roaches belly up all over the place. Within 2 DAYS they just kept dying and piling up. I'd just sweep em, trash em, and keep it moving. It hasn't even been a week and my home is roach FREE. I have tried chemicals and even a professional and nothing worked as fast or as permanent as this. I have not seen a single live roach in my kitchen (they were everywhere) since using this stuff. Some of them even tried to migrate to other areas, and I was finding dead roaches in the hallway and in the living room. This stuff sticks with them and even when they try to run, they carry it to their other hideouts and 'infect' other roaches living there. This stuff is great. It even killed the baby ones which I thought would be hard. I no longer have to feel like I'm going to puke every time I open my pantry or go into my kitchen to cook dinner. I no longer feel gross going into my bathroom because I know roaches are in my tub or toilet drinking water. Ugh. Roaches were BADLY infested in my apartment when I moved in and the leasing office wanted to do nothing about it. This cleared in 3 days tops a severe roach infestation that was over 1 year in the making. I am probably going to buy a couple more bottles just to keep handy in case. An extra dose won't hurt and I want to make sure I catch any newly hatched ones or any that come in from outside or my neighbors to avoid a re-infestation. That being said, I am glad I can finally breathe and sleep in peace and no longer have to look into moving out of my home. (which I was going to do AND leave all my things because I didn't want to carry any with me). Long story short, buy this if you have roaches. It DOES work. And be prepared to watch it get worse before it gets better. Hold your stomach contents, lol (after using this, a roach crawled in my bed to get away) but in a day or two you will have roach free living at it's FINEST. For real. 5 stars. A++

5.0 out of 5 stars Boric Acid Roach and Ant Killer, July 21, 2012
bigguy11 "DWS" (Florida Panhandle) - See all my reviews
First of all buy this at Dollar General for two dollars, and than use it for insect control in your yard and house as well as an ear cleaner and dryer for your dogs. In Florida we have many kinds of ants that constantly build new nests in the lawn and pavement cracks. Shake this very well and puff some of the product down into their nest and watch the ants disappear. It especially works well on fire ants which dont have a specific hole in their nest so shake it liberally on and around their large burrow mound. We own a standard poodle that has had ear fungus problems forever but since I have used this product in his ears that problem has gone away. He shakes his head far less than he used too. A very good dual purpose indoor and outdoor product. Update on the fire ants: Use the boric acid every day on their new hills and in about five days they will be gone-dont disturb the nest, as the ants cant smell the powder they get it on their legs and ingest it when they groom themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFESAVER!, August 27, 2013
Moved into a large apartment downtown with an enormous roach problem. This historic building was crawling with the worst roach infestation ever. Professional grade poison spray was harmless and ineffective. I bought this exact product @ Family Dollar for maybe $3 (X2). The trick is to put a very fine dusting of this product near baseboards, under furniture and around your trash and throughout the kitchen. If you leave large snowbanks of the stuff the roaches will just run around it; a fine dusting will cause them to bring the particles back to the "hive"(?) where it will apparently spread to the other insects. This product does not have the instant gratification of a spray or poison solution, but it works fantastically. It takes a couple weeks for the buggers to desiccate and expire but they will. It's worth the wait.
TL;DR -

NOTHING else worked but this. This is THE long-term solution. I have been blissfully roach free for almost a year thanks to $6 worth of odorless, non-toxic and seemingly magic powder. I cannot adequately express how fantastic this stuff is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roach killer, September 11, 2012
We've been experiencing an infestation of baby cockroaches, and we've tried products similar to this one, but they were not pure boric acid and not very effective. When we placed this product out, we soon noticed a decline in roach sightings, and for the past week we haven't seen any roaches at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars DEFINITELY does the job!, January 5, 2014
I moved to a new city and a new apartment at the end of summer. Very quickly, I found that the new apartment had a pretty significant cockroach infestation. I had never even seen a cockroach before, let along know what to do about them.

First, I had a professional exterminator come in and spray. The cockroaches did not disappear. I had him come back every week, even though their product is supposed to last a month. Still, no effect.

I then laid traps. Those, of course, attracted the roaches. Now, I understand that the purpose of the traps is to "feed" them, so that they bring the poison back to their nests. But I wanted them gone, and as quickly as possible.

After doing my research, then using this product, the facts are in--Boric Acid kills cockroaches. This is what you need. This WILL kill cockroaches, period.

One downside is that boric acid is a powder (think, spreading baby powder all over your floors). I also have two cats, so I need to be very careful when laying this product down. It is safe for pets and humans, but only in very small doses. I pour the boric acid into cracks, entry ways, and around appliances in the kitchen. I use a folded paper towel or plastic utensil to spread it out, as it needs to be laid very thin or the cockroaches won't walk over it (they need to make contact with the powder for it to kill them). I also use these tools to make sure the powder is laid very close to the location I'm targeting, so it doesn't spill over into the cats' walking paths. In addition, I use larger amounts as a "barrier" (for example, at the edge of the kitchen and living room).

In sum, this product works and I'll definitely be buying more!

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far Is Working Well -- Seeing Lots Fewer Roaches, May 3, 2013
I live in a house with housemates, and we have developed a roach problem. I decided to try boric acid because I wanted something natural, odorless and relatively harmless to people. (We have no children or pets in the house.)

I have been placing boric acid powder in the kitchen and one bathroom on a weekly basis. We are seeing a lot less roaches. The boric acid does not smell. It is necessary to be careful when applying it, because it can irritate the lungs somewhat if large amounts of it are breathed in.

While it has not killed all of our roaches, it has cut down on their numbers considerably.

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple recipe to get rid of ants..., August 20, 2012
Aja (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
In Georgia it is almost impossible not to have problems with ants during the summer. I used to fight them with sprays and traps but they always managed to find a way through my defenses. I hate cleaning up after ants.

But this product does the trick with a very simple recipe:
Heat up a little water in a bowl, add 4 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of borax. Then soak some cotton balls in the mixture and place those cotton balls where you are likely to see ant trails or close to their nests. You will see a significant change within a day and in 3 days the ants will be almost totally gone. Refresh every month or so.

It is easy, cheap, effective and works against ants and many other insects.

Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY GOOD STUFF!!, June 13, 2013
I have a huge problem outside of my house with roaches. At night when I pull into my driveway and open my garage, there will be at least 1-2 inside the garage or trying to get in. Personally I cannot stand the sight of them and thus I needed something that either scares them away or kills them. The RAID spray works also but since I cannot stand the sight of them, it wouldn't be too useful for me. So after doing a lot of browsing and reading, I came around this product. The product arrived on time and even though the package was damaged and some(minor) power leaked out of the bottle and into the box, I wasn't too upset by that. I used it along the garage door but the inside of it as well as the outside(there is a drainage pipe where sometimes roaches come out from). I put it 1 week ago and since then I have only seen 1 or 2 at most in that area(even though it says it takes about 1-2 weeks for it to take effect). There was one in a bedroom and so now I will put the power alongside all of the windows. I must say this power has been the best I have ever used. So much cheaper than an exterminated. Sure the exterminated will work also but the roaches will come back b/c it's the neighbors who are dirty and thus the roaches migrate over to my house.
**NOTE - I have used the bait gel also but again that brings the roaches to the sight of the gel which is not something I want.
So if you are in the same boat as me where the sight of a roach makes you sick, then I recommend this product. I don't mind snakes, spiders, ants, etc. but roaches I CAN'T STAND!! I hope this helps.

PS. I didn't get paid to say all of this b/c sometimes I feel like some of the reviewers sound like they did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kills cockroaches!, October 17, 2013
It definitely kills cockroaches. I sprayed (squeeze the bottle and the powders came out) it around the kitchen corners and started seeing dead cockroaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does Work., December 26, 2013
I have use this for years and it work very well. I have dogs in the house and need to be careful what I put out pluse the fact of smells of chemicals. It does work better for roaches than ants but still love the product.

Boric Acid Roach & Ant Killer NET WT. 1 LB. (454 gms)
$14.00 $7.00