5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Refrigerator Pitcher
*****

These pitchers are very sturdy and heavy. They fit beautifully on the inside door of my refrigerator. They don't leach chemicals into my beverages, either. They take up very little space (they are squared not rounded so they fit well all lined up) and are attractive. If you are looking for a healthy option to plastic, this is it.

Every other...
Published on March 5, 2007 by O. Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
Published on June 12, 2007 by Linda B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Refrigerator Pitcher, March 5, 2007
*****

Every other review has mentioned the looseness of the lids. On the jugs that I got the lids are nice and snug keep things fresh (I bought a total of six jugs). The lid can be turned to an "open" position like many pitchers so that the lid doesn't have to be removed to pour. Perhaps there is some variation in quality since we disagree here.

The pitchers are attractive and not chinsy-looking like plastic pitchers. Buy more than one not only to save on shipping and handling, but because you'll want more for sure!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, June 12, 2007
Linda B. (north of Chicago) - See all my reviews
Pitchers have two purposes, to store and pour. Because the lids fit so poorly, these are not optimal for storing. But even worse, the lip is so badly designed that, unless you are dumping the entire contents in one fell swoop, the liquid will dribble and run down the outside of the pitcher. If you try to pour with the lid on (turned to appropriate position), it's even worse, making a mess and wasting your juice/water/whatever. Also they are very top-heavy, so if you don't have enough liquid in them (to balance the top weight) and swing the refrigerator door open other than v-e-r-y slowly, the pitcher will partly tip over. AND the handle is uncomfortably close to pitcher, fits fingers badly. I recommend Quadro glass pitchers by far over these; wish I had bought more Quadros rather than trying these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lids do not seal, May 11, 2006
Very nice, heavy glass, keeps milk cold, but as stated the lid is cheesy plastic that dribbles, and in addition does not seal the contents in any way. All it does is cover most of the mouth. I had hoped for better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Pour, October 19, 2007
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Gelo 2-Piece Glass Pitcher Set with Lids, Red and Green (Kitchen)
Great Concept, but when i pour, the liquid drizzles down the edge of the jug even when held at a 90 degree angle. This isn't a problem if i pour without the lid, but then, what's the point?
I use them for water only because otherwise it would make a mess.
pros: fine without lid, sturdy thick glass
cons: as above

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy Lids, March 10, 2008
Viv "Island Girl" (Makaha, HI United States) - See all my reviews
As many others have said, the lids fit poorly and the liquid drbbles down the side when you pour. You have to remove the lids before pouring which is a pain when you are holding a baby! Even if you have your glass in one had and pitcher in the other, you have to put the glass down to remove the lid so you won't spill. I did use hot and cold and had no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Refrigerator Pitcher, August 22, 2007
*****

The lids are nice and snug keep things fresh (I bought a total of six jugs). The lid can be turned to an "open" position like many pitchers so that the lid doesn't have to be removed to pour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 26, 2007
V. Glass (Atlantic City, NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
The set comes with different colors on the lids,very nice. If you hold your glass close to the jugs lip, there is no problem with pouring and spillage. These are great items for those who want a cleaner and healthier kitchen by clearing their shelves of plastic based storage containers

1.0 out of 5 stars not for hot liquids, July 1, 2011
Tracie "tracieknits" (Saratoga Springs, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought these thinking they would be great for brewing and storing iced tea. Well both of them just cracked apart at the seams, literally, after I poured hot water in them. They were both at room temperature (not freezing cold or anything) of 76 degrees when I filled them with teabags and hot water. About 25 second later, I had a huge mess to clean up.

I can't comment on how well they pour, since I didn't get that opportunity. The lids seemed to fit well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great glass pitchers, lids not so much, February 6, 2012
I read the reviews and could not understand why some people had complaints about the lids. Got these today and now I get it. I will spell it out.

There is a pour spout molded on the glass opposite the handle. You line up the crescent-shaped cut-out on the lid and you can easily pour your beverage out of the pitcher into the glass. The problem I have with the design is that when you turn the crescent-shaped cut-out away from the pour spout you do not get an airtight seal. The cutout shape is too big, and what I get is a small gap between the wall of the jug opening and that cut-out part of the lid. Not big enough to pour through, but big enough to make the seal not airtight. This bugs me.

I bought these to store fruit and vegetable juices I make with my Omega juicer. I usually juice and use the juice within a day or two, and I can place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the jug before snapping the lid into place in order to make a better seal. But if I was planning on storing juice or milk in these jugs for any length of time I would be concerned with things spoiling. People who buy these to store ice tea or drink-mix beverages should not have a problem.

I like that the jugs are the perfect size to fit in the refrigerator door. The glass is sturdy and thick. Three stars overall because the jugs are 4-star quality and the lids are 2-star.

3.0 out of 5 stars what I read was true...., February 14, 2007
I read the reviews of these jugs,about the covers not being tight, it was right,they are not a tight fit...so if this is what you need, don't buy these....otherwise they work well