4.0 out of 5 stars Nice
A classic looking bottle. I just really like it and it holds my favorite rum quite well.
The only complaint I have with it is the plastic ripple ridges that help seal the top
inside the bottle neck. I plan on replacing it with some cork. Very easily done and will
eliminate it from pushing back up like it does now. A truly small inconvenience when it...
Published on July 25, 2012 by nicky2tone

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst item ever.
Published on May 12, 2012 by Reviewer

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Dedalo 26-1/3-Ounce Decanter with Stopper (Kitchen)
looks so darn good.

Hey just wanted to do an update to the review. The plastic ripple ridges do eventually seat
in and the top settles in well. My suggestion to pass on was one a friend gave me and it worked
great. Pour hot water from the tap onto the top and its plastic ripple ridges. Pour some very hot
water into the decanter itself, about halfway. Now put the top back on. It will still want to push
back out a bit but don't worry, just put this up out of the way somewhere and let it cool down
naturally. As the water cools it creates a kind of vacuum that pulls this top down into the
bottle until it hits its glass stops. Just let it set up like that for a day. Then dump out the water
and pour in your favorite beverage and live the dream. This worked for me but my friend also
told me that if that did not work then just put everything together turn the decanter upside down
and let it sit like that for a day or two. Keeping it seated like this for 48 hours helps the ridges
lock in a memory. My friend knows way too much about the technical aspects of liquor decanter stopper
issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst item ever., May 12, 2012
I bought this product because of reading a mix of good reviews and bad reviews. Big mistake. I took a chance and ordered it. Upon arrival it looked promising but I soon realized my error. I filled this decanter with a brand new bottle of scotch and put the stopper in....and watched the stopper come right back out. Tried to fit it back in, tried to twist it in, tried to hold it in there in hopes of success, but none. The stopper pops out of the bottle and won't stay in. Would have wasted perfectly good scotch, and we all know there's a special level of Hell for people who waste good alcohol. Ended up pouring it via funnel back into original bottle. Biggest waste of money I've had on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and don't get it.

1.0 out of 5 stars ...the words : cheap **** come to mind...., April 27, 2012
Got this decanter, filled it, and it proceeded to dribble all over my fingers, as well as onto a very expensive hard-rock maple coffee table.

Yes, and the top keeps popping out as if there were ghosts in the place.

Contacted the particular seller ( on ebay) who promply said, " .... sorry to hear that..."

Not half as much as I am and you will be, when you read this review. Don't waste your money friends....

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these Decanters!, May 7, 2013
Was very happy when these arrived. They are very pretty for the money, can't beat the price. I am going to use them to keep wine in my fridge, wine bottles are always to tall. The top did pop out when I put it in the decanter. After reading the reviews I was expecting that to happen. Somebody had wrote that if you filled the decanter with hot water and let it sit over night the problem would be solved. Sure enough I did just that and the top now stays in the decanter. Glad I did not let some of the reviews discourage me from purchasing these and I am so glad that a reviewer had mentioned the hot water tirck.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great for whiskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!, August 10, 2011
These decanters are PERFECT for whiskey! I bought 3 of them for my husband, because he loves his whiskey, and he absolutely loves them. We've had them full, half full and practically empty and cant believe these reviews about the top "blowing off". I wonder what you have to put in a decanter to make that happen?? Anyways, the stopper IS plastic, but it is very solid plastic and holds and seals well! We don't see having to replace it for a very very long time. He actually wanted plastic over cork because cork wears away from liquor over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Decanter!, September 17, 2010
RJR (Lake Ozark, MISSOURI USA) - See all my reviews
It's beautiful. I am using mine to hold mouthwash in the master bathroom. It really compliments the decor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Beautiful, January 9, 2010
I purchased this decanter as a Christmas gift and although it is designed for a Liquior container, it is going to be used as a Wine Bottle. It is the perfect size to fit on a tray with wine glasses. I loved it and so was the person that received it. It is like an antique cut glass and looks very expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, November 17, 2013
M.Schae (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I love the look of this decanter. I bought it without very high hopes, but was more than impressed. It has a great weight to it and looks more expensive than it was. I ended up buying another decanter in a different style for the same company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, looks expensive, at a real deal of a price!, November 13, 2013
Beautiful piece. I placed this in a lighted cabinet, and it shines like... well... cut glass, lol! It looks really nice and looks like a much more expensive piece.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but the top doesn't stay on., May 23, 2013
Beautiful looking Decanter, except for the SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM that the top doesn't stay on once you fill it. I own two other Bormioli Rocco Decanters that work just fine, but this thing isn't worth your money. A complete failure of a purchase... don't make the same mistake I did because it is glass with a four star rating... honestly, I have no idea how it got to a four star rating... must be all those "mouthwash" purchasers. Might be good for that, but it's completely useless for alcohol.

Bormioli Rocco Dedalo 26-1/3-Ounce Decanter with Stopper