5.0 out of 5 stars Sauerkraut... here I come!
This jar was recommended as superior for making sauerkraut. See the blog posts under 'Sauerkraut Survivor': [...]
Have cabbage, will ferment!
Published 21 months ago by Raine Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars fido jar
Well, it worked great for a while and now, a few months later, the wire bale does not hold the lid down tight. The jar is now worthless.
Published on September 8, 2012 by mlg

5.0 out of 5 stars Sauerkraut... here I come!, April 11, 2013
Raine Miller "rainelovesj" (North Oregon Coast, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Fido Clear Jar, 33-3/4-Ounce (Kitchen)
Have cabbage, will ferment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smell proof!, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Fido Clear Jar, 33-3/4-Ounce (Kitchen)
This bottle is great. The look is amazing and it seals well. The wire brackets are made with precision so everything fits together like it should and doesn't bind. Closes easily, looks sharp, and is a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars now with strong hinges, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Fido Clear Jar, 33-3/4-Ounce (Kitchen)
I was reluctant to buy Bormioli Rocco Fido jars because quite a few have said its hinges are weak. However, as of Jan 2013, this seems to no longer be the case. They are high quality jars, with strong wire hinges, as shown in the pictures. Good seal. Also, it's easy to replace the rubber gaskets. All the jars use the same size.

So far, I've bought the 33-3/4, 67-3/4, 17-1/2, 6-3/4-ounce jars.

I'm mainly using them in fermenting foods, such as kimchi; and in storing homemade yogurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Used Cooking Oil, May 19, 2012
D. Creekmur (Champaign-Urbana, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Fido Clear Jar, 33-3/4-Ounce (Kitchen)
I recently purchased a small, FryDaddy deep fat fryer. It uses only 4-cups of oil (max), so I thought this would be perfect for storing filtered, used cooking oil. I used it for the first time today (both the FryDaddy and this product). The size is perfect. I placed a double layer of cheese cloth over the top and secured it with a rubber band. Pressed a slight depression into the cloth and, slowly, poured the used, cooled cooking oil into the jar. It comes with a wide rubber gasket to prevent any leakage. I am very satisfied and will be ordering two more for storing different cooking oils, or oils that have been used to cook different types of food.

I learned from the packaging that the Fido collection of hermetically sealable storage jars come in many sizes ranging from 125 ml (great for sea salt perhaps?) to a full 5 liters. In the future I may get other sizes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Medium Clear Jar, July 28, 2013
Janet Lund (Salt Lake City, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Fido Clear Jar, 33-3/4-Ounce (Kitchen)
I use these clear jars as canisters in both kitchen and bath. In the kitchen they are excellent for storing pasta, coffee, beans, flour, sugar. In the bath I store cotton balls and bath salts. Any dry essential can be beautifully stored in these clear glass containers and displayed for use.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, December 8, 2013
Jay Redford (BETHLEHEM, NH, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Fido Clear Jar, 33-3/4-Ounce (Kitchen)
I bought this to soak raisins in rum. I didn't need "24 mason jars" and wanted something stylish - this fits the bill.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 5 lb bag of organic food for kittens fits in this 33-3/4-Ounce jar., June 12, 2014
I bought the 33-3/4 ounce jar with the strong hinges because I wanted a glass jar to house an opened 5 pound bag of organic food for kittens. This fits the bill perfectly.

I have a long handled salad spoon to remove the kitten food from the jar, or to stir nutritional yeast into the kibbles. The food stays safe from insects that would otherwise eat through the bags of organic food and contaminate the food. My cat does not stand alone in not liking the taste of palmetto bugs that have contaminated her food, and with this jar her food is protected helping it to stay fresher from the first bite to the last.

This order came the day it was expected. Could not ask for better service.

Thanks Amazon for making this available to us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size and seal, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Fido Clear Jar, 33-3/4-Ounce (Kitchen)
This is the perfect jar for my vanilla sugar. I use organic cane sugar, add a few vanilla pods and leave it for a few weeks. Voila! Delicious, relatively inexpensive vanilla sugar for baking or to add to my coffee or tea for an extra treat. This jar has a great seal, is easy to use, heavy glass and looks great on my pantry shelf with the other sizes that I have purchased for all of my flours, sugars, rice, baking soda, corn starch, pasta, etc. I wash the jars in my dishwasher before I use them. Simply remove the rubber gasket, which you should hand wash and air dry so that it doesn't dry out, and put the jar in the dishwasher for great sanitizing. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars fido jar, September 8, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little jars!, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Bormioli Rocco Fido Clear Jar, 33-3/4-Ounce (Kitchen)
I keep mine on my counter for quick use as a sugar bowl, but you can also use for ground coffee. I have larger jars for rice, quinoa, and flour.

They are super durable, thick & heavy glass, have a great seal, and you only need to give them a quick wipe with a wet cloth to clean up. I tried finding similar ones locally at Bed Bath & Beyond, Marshall's and TJ Maxx, but the quality was always sub-par, or else they had some kind of writing on them.

Bormioli Rocco Fido Clear Jar, 33-3/4-Ounce