Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Born 2B Blue
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on July 7, 2011
While this is certainly NOT the music Steve Miller will be remembered for , it's the disc he SHOULD be remembered for . This is NOT where steve made any money . This IS where a good portion of steve's heart really resides though . When i first got into Mose Allison , i noticed that Ben Sidran was producing and championing Mr. Allison as Mose went silver in the follicles . Here , Ben sees to it that Mr. Miller has every opportunity to succeed . And succeed he (Mr. Miller) does . The core band is excellent . Ben's on keyboards , Billy Peterson brings the bass , big time , and Gordy Knudtson provides tasteful and excellent drums . A LOT of "jazz" folk guest as well . Legendary vibraphone player Milt Jackson is featured on a song . Phil Woods provides alto saxaphone on a different song . Bob Malach brings the tenor saxaphone on four songs . Bruce Paulson is heard on trombone and Steve Faison can be heard on percussion on the disc's first song . The voice and ALL guitar work is obviously Mr. Miller's . I often enjoyed Mr. Miller's more popular music as i would hear it on the radio over the decades . It's great as well . This is clearly as labor of lust though . My "island" selection from the wonderful Steve Miller AND his jazz pal Ben Sidran . Thanks Ben....Blimjo
on July 26, 2005
I bought this because I had heard Steve Miller sing "God Bless The Child" as part of a Les Paul tribute and wanted a copy of that tune. The rest of this CD has been a very pleasant surprise. It's hard to categorize because while it is filled with standards and has a lot of jazz DNA it is also unmistakably the Steve Miller Band harmonies and all. So; if you like old standards and you like the classic rock of the Steve Miller Band you may well love this CD. The guitar solos are reminiscent of Larry Carlton's work with Donald Fagan (post Steely Dan) and in spots I felt more than a twinge of Steely Dan nostalgia while I was listening.

Rather than try to categorize this CD I would suggest that you listen to the samples and if you like what you hear climb aboard the Steve Miller Band's Pegasus and take a ride to a very different destination and a different time.
on May 29, 2013
I have been wanting to get this CD for a long time and finally I have it. The songs on this disc are excellent Blues tunes. Great Value and a must have for any fan of Steve Miller's earlier material !!
on December 26, 2003
I had, like so many other people, forgot about this 1988 release from Miller. I like most people was still hearing the overplayed classics from Miller from the 70's, the songs radio still overplays. I would have not even thought of this album had I not seen the Miller Video for "Just A Little Bit", a song that Elvis Presley recorded for his forgotten "Raised on Rock" album back in 1973. I liked the Elvis version of the song and I liked Miller's updated version, so I asked my wife to get this Miller album for me for Christmas and she did. I looked at the song titles and thought oh no, after seeing "Zip A Dee Doo Dah" and "Ya Ya". However Miller adds his cosmic sound to "Zip A Dee Doo Dah and breathes life in the old Lee Dorsey tune, "Ya Ya" The album is a little too mellow in spots and towards the middle of the album songs start to sound the same but the fore-mentioned "Just a Little Bit" and the perky "Red Top pull the album back up and make the album worth having
on September 20, 2013
Steve Miller at his most laid back. As smooh and cool as the other side of the pillow. If you love the blues, you'll love this album. It just oozes cool blues and atmosphere.
on July 8, 2013
I already owned it; bought it for my folks for their anniversary, as well as the following purchases. Very good collection of old songs that are very well redone. My dad loved it.
on April 9, 2013
A delightful compilation of well-known jazz classics, breezily interpreted by Miller. Often heavily orchestrated, this is truly Miller Lite. Filled with Jazz Sprites.
on October 14, 1998
This is the most different Miller album of all his career. Seems like Steve wanted to create a bookmark in his constant-style album list and change, just for a moment, the direction of his creativity process.
The only way to do it was to make a cover album, and what a cover album he recorded! All the songs are very good, jazzy, and full of a soul-ballad style, rarely listened on steve.
Ben Sidran on keyboards supports Stevie Guitar Miller in songs played with a lot of heart: God Bless The Child, Just A Little, Mary Ann...
The finest moments occurs when Miller croons: ooooooh! and strums his guitar very, very patiently.
Recommendable when you're happy and need to share your happiness with the one you love.
on December 10, 2012
What can I say...it's Stevie Guitar Miller in a wonderful different 'bluesy' form
Great to listen to and GREAT to DANCE TO!
on December 18, 2003
I bought the cassette in 1990, and I'm back to buy the CD 13 years later. I remember being in shock with the first listen or two (this is not the Steve Miller most people know). I appreciate Steve for going out on a limb and making this album. He does so many of the jazz classics, and so very well. ...only I didn't know what a jazz classic was until this album. Over the years, I've heard these songs by other performers and have come to appreciate them more and more.