5.0 out of 5 stars born free
I was inspired to read this after my husband had me watch the movie. It was great to read in detail the wonderful journey of the Adamsons and Elsa.

I hope the other two books soon become available on the kindle.

These creatures are not just "mindless beasts"- maybe none of them are.
Published on April 29, 2012 by Variable Statistic

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition missing most content of the originals
Where are the pictures? The paper books had photos on almost every page. Without them this kindle book lacks the original's charm. The fact that this is not disclosed by the publisher makes it a sham. Avoid this edition and seek out the paper books. The photos are precious and show what words alone can not.
Published 2 months ago by S. Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars born free, April 29, 2012
This review is from: Born Free (Kindle Edition)

I hope the other two books soon become available on the kindle.

These creatures are not just "mindless beasts"- maybe none of them are.

5.0 out of 5 stars All three books?, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Born Free (Kindle Edition)
This book actually seems to be the entire Born Free trilogy. It is somewhat misleadingly subtitled "The Full Story", with Parts One, Two and Three, which seem to correspond to the three books: Born Free, in which Elsa is raised and released into the wild; Living Free, in which Elsa raises her cubs; and Forever Free, in which Adamson describes the lives of the cubs.

It's a delightful surprise to have all the whole series conveniently sold together. I just wish the product description was a little clearer on this matter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition missing most content of the originals, April 14, 2014
S. Robinson (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Joy Adamson's Classic is Still a Great Read, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Born Free (Kindle Edition)
I've loved "Born Free" since I read it as a child. The adventures of Elsa the Lioness, along with Daktari on television, made me fall in love with the idea of going to Africa. I bought this copy to refresh my memory as I prepare to take that long awaited safari to Kenya next summer. I'll be visiting the parks where Elsa grew up and the burial spots of both Elsa and Joy Adamson.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 10 yr old kid loved it :), April 20, 2014
Andy B (San Ramon, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Here is the review from my 10 yr old:

"Born Free has a lot of fascinating adventures and it has heart-breaking parts, and it has heart-warming parts. I highly recommend this book. This book is very adventurous, heart-warming, heart-breaking, and very sad."

5.0 out of 5 stars Born Free is a classic sad true story, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Born Free: The Full Story (Hardcover)
The Addamsons tried so hard for Elsa and all the Lions and they all paid with their lives. Joy & George had amazing affinity with the Lions. Sadly today those that are Born Free are facing some shocking situations all created by humans. Worth buying and reading a classic true story.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, February 22, 2014
L. White (St. George, Utah USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Born Free (Kindle Edition)
Born Free is must read for all animal lovers. It helps you put your feelings about beloved pets into words that everyone can understand. It inspires us to be an advocates for our animals who cannot speak fot themselves.p

5.0 out of 5 stars Meow>·,·<, November 10, 2013
This review is from: Born Free (Kindle Edition)
Read book, watched movie. Love, Love, Love... MEOW... MEOW...HISS ...SCRATCH ...LOVE ...SLEEP...FIGHT...KILL ...BREAK SOME THINGS...GROW UP...BE BORED... L. I. V. E!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a lovely story, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Born Free (Kindle Edition)
Of course I saw Born Free as a young teenager when it first came out. However, I never read the books until now. I'm so glad I did. There is so much more to be known about the story than the movie showed and they take Elsa's story much further than the movie could.

I can't thank George & Joy Adamson enough for bringing Elsa's story to the world. As a result there is a lot more interest in wildlife in their own habitat. I hope to see the day when Zoos won't exist and humans will make every effort to share our world with all of God's creatures.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love lions, August 22, 2013
This review is from: Born Free (Kindle Edition)
Timeless and moving account of returning a lion cub to the wild. The movie has dated but the book is still great.

Born Free: The Full Story
Born Free: The Full Story by Joy Adamson (Hardcover - October 15, 2010)
Used & New from: $14.95