Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on August 8, 2008
I bought two of these Borner mandolines at once (the other one is for julienne). As with the other one, the product features list for this curly slicer specifies: "Features finger grips and non-skid feet." There is also a safety hand grip shown in the picture. The safety grip is NOT included, however, and you have to purchase it separately. There is no other finger grip with the product, and it does NOT have non-skid feet. Since one must rely on the product features list when deciding on a purchase, the description ought at least be accurate. That is why I only gave this product three stars.

I did not return this product because I couldn't find anything comparable. The shreds are really unusual. They are wavy like "ruffles" potato chips, and about 3/8" wide. And the blades are very, very sharp. I shredded zucchini and it came out perfectly. (I tossed the zucchini with a little salt, drained it in a colander for half an hour and used it as a pizza topping instead of tomato sauce. Yum.) It is unfortunate that you don't get everything you pay for, though.
44 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought my first original Borner mandolin slicer some 25-30 years ago from a television infomercial and I couldn't live without it. Since then I have only had to replace it twice as it became dull over the years, and I still always get the exact same model. (http://www.amazon.com/Swissmar-Borner-V-1001-V-Slicer-Mandoline/dp/B0000632QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427117880&sr=8-1&keywords=borner+slicer) I use it for nearly every dinner meal.

I thought I'd add a little more fun to our salads so I purchased this Curly Slicer. It's easy to use with the Borner guard that I already have. (Note that you also need to purchase a guard to use the Curly Slicer....) I did also purchase some protective gloves to use with the slicer: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IVM1TKO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love the thin slices/ribbons of vegetables the slicer creates! It is very sharp and gets the job done efficiently.
I'm finding that I use this quite often, and that we are eating more RAW veggies because of it. Especially more carrots. Great!

The only con I can think of is that compared to the original Mandolin, the plastic seems a bit flimsy. It is a bit flexible, and doesn't seem to be super high quality plastic. Nevertheless,...it's fun and I like it.
on April 16, 2016
I use this instead of a "spiralizer". It gives me ribbons with no waste! I slide the zucchini back and forth and if there is a tiny strip left, I just
finish it off with my chef knife and it looks like the rest. I then fry 2 ribbon zucchini in a non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon of canola oil, and top
it off with marinara or pasta sauce, turning down the heat to prevent spatter, and then add a little shredded mozzarella on the top. Yummy!
Once the zucchini ribbons cook down, it really doesn't matter whether they are spiraled or not. It looks like spaghetti, regardless.
on April 27, 2013
All of the Borner (Boerner) products are good. first found them on the streets of Munich, Germany and love every one of their tools. Be careful.....they are SHARP!!!!!!!
on August 13, 2013
I bought my slicer a month ago and love it. I have been a customer of Borner for over 20 years
on November 14, 2014
These slicers are GREAT !!! We had one for years and it recently cracked. Found one to replace it here on Amazon !! YEAH !!!!
on March 30, 2014
It's very nice so I ordered second one too.
It's great and easy to use and clean and easy storage
on December 26, 2014
It was perfect as it was a gift.
on April 18, 2009
I did have a older version of the same product , lost in a moving , and the material (plastic) was a lot stronger but i still like the quality of the blade and all the help it could give me in the Cuisine.