Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bosal VFM-1732 Exhaust Silencer
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 6, 2011
After reading a review about how it wasnt exactly what the guy was expecting becuase it didnt have a catalytic converter I began to worry about buying this and it being the wrong part and having to pay to ship it back but IT IS THE RIGHT PART! The review with 4 stars must have been a civic ex which has the cat under the car but if you put in you trim in the "make sure it fits" selection then you'll be fine. no this intermediate pipe doesnt have a cat becuase the civic HX (and maybe the lx?) has the cat on the exhaust manifold therefore this isnt suppose to have a cat. If you need an intermediate pipe/resonater exhaust pipe this is exactly what you need for a fraction of the cost (about half what o'reilly's cost). All the exhaust hangers are in the right spot, no need to worry. (dont forget the doughnut gasket and exhaust bolts walker pt# 35129))
on April 11, 2014
Product is solid and perfect fit for 97 Civic DX model. As other reviewers mentioned this is for civic trims except EX. I had a mufffler installed previously by Midas and those idiots **welded** cheap muffler on existing mid-pipe. ( so much for lifetime warranty). Short story is check your car from manifold to tailpipe to make sure all is correct. This part is perfect fit as long as nobody has messed up other parts of exhaust. I ended by buying new muffler.
Things to buy along with this mid-pipe. ( Thanks Autipartsway for the following list and providing the cheapest mid-pipe with fast shipping) Installation was a breeze.
Bosal 256-269 Gasket Qty 1
Bosal 255-217 Rubber Mounting Qty 2

QTY = Quantity
Hope this helps fellow DIYs
on March 4, 2012
To comment about the review which claims it will not work with a cat converter:

I have this pipe for my car, a 96 Civic DX. I also still use my cat converter. The engine is connected to the manifold, which leads to the cat. After that you have a heavy cast iron down pipe leading off the cat and wrapping down under the engine. The end of the down pipe is about a half a meter short of right below the shifter, or rather right behind the tyranny/engine. My civic is almost 20 years old and the headers, cat, and down pipe have never had to be replaced and probably never will. They are not made of the steel this pipe is which can easily rust and break after a few years. None the less the pipe works great and is a snap to install if you're good with tools and cars. I replaced it in 2008 and after driver about 100k more miles it needed to be replaced again. I drive in the snow/ice/salty/hell-for-your-car conditions. I am very happy with this product after having installed one twice and used it for 4 years. Just remember to get gaskets, and new nuts bolts and springs because the old ones might break during dissembly or down the road.
on September 13, 2015
Fit my 1996 civic hatchback with no problem, just had to find nuts for the bolts, the OEM had threads. Also fiddled a bit to place a heat shield from the original onto this one which was easy. I hope it lasts the rest of my car's life. Didn't replace the bolts, they were good, but I had bought the gaskets so I used them even though the old ones seemed OK.
on August 28, 2015
Just received my item and I'm not too happy with it so far. The item arrived exactly as shown in the photos - a totally bare pipe. There is a pretty significant dent/bend in the pipe either from the supplier or the mail carrier. I can't imagine the supplier letting an item so obviously dented leave the warehouse - so I think it was most likely the mail carrier, but who knows. I do think that the fact that there was no box or protective wrapping at all definitely contributed to the issue.

I'm almost certain this is going to cause alignment issues (seems out of alignment by about 5 to 6 inches on the end). I need to install in the next day or so, so my only resort is trying to un-bend the area. I'll update the review if I get it installed and see how it performs. Just wanted to let people know that it ships bare and unprotected and might be damaged.
review image review image
on January 2, 2016
Awesome. Arrived in the morning had it install by afternoon. It was a perfect fit; everything lined up. I used I set of original bolts and a set of new bolts , springs and nuts. I was able to remove the gasket without damaging them so I reused the. The price plus quality of part can't be touched by no local auto parts dealer.
on March 2, 2011
i had purchased this exhaust for my honda civic.i did my research and compared prices,and let me tell you this thing is the best deal ever.it is an exact fit.could not be more happy.the car sounds awesome as well.thanks....great product!!!!
on June 5, 2016
Did not fit my 1999 Honda Civic EX, despite Amazon's site saying: "This fits your: 1999 Honda Civic EX 1.6L L4 Gas" (next to green check mark above product). The original resonator on my car has a 3-bolt flange where it connects to the catalytic converter, this resonator has a 2-bolt flange. Upon further investigation I found that the EX model resonators are different than DX and other models. Other than that (an Amazon issue, not the manufacturer) it seems to be well-built. However, I returned it.
on January 2, 2014
My son needed a new muffler for his car and this fit perfect and was much cheaper than he could get locally. I would do this again.
on February 14, 2016
Exact fitnfor my 1998 Civic LX, better than OEM. Highly recommended. Buy the springs and bolts, you will need them.