Handle a broad range of routing applications with the versatile Bosch 1617EVSPK Plunge and Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router Kit. This router kit includes a powerful motor with advanced speed control technology, precision bases, and plenty of advanced features to help get a variety of jobs done quickly and accurately.
The Bosch 1617EVSPK Plunge and Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router Kit includes:
- EVS Motor (16176)
- Plunge base (RA1166)
- Fixed base (RA1161)
- Fixed base chip shield
- Plunge base chip shield
- 1/2-inch and 1/4-inch self-releasing collet chucks
- Comfortable forged 16-mm and 24-mm bit-change wrenches
- T-handle hex height-adjustment wrench
- Rugged carrying case
Powerful, Variable-Speed Motor with Soft Start
Both bases feature the Bosch Precision Centering Design for accuracy and control.View larger.
Take care of even tough routing jobs with the powerful 2.25 HP/12 Amp motor and its versatile speed range of 8,000 to 25,000 RPM. The variable speed dial allows you to set the optimal speed for the routing task and material. And with built-in Constant Response Circuitry, your router will maintain a constant speed throughout the cut, so you get cleaner, more accurate results.
With the integrated soft-start feature, the motor reduces torque upon start-up for a much smoother transition and easier handling on your part.
Accurate Fixed and Plunge Base Cuts
This versatile kit provides all the components necessary for fixed-depth routing and plunge routing, as well. Microfine bit depth adjustment systems on both bases allow for accurate and fast bit depth adjustments. The microfine adjustment has an overall range of one inch and is accurate to 1/64 inch.
Both bases also feature the Bosch Precision Centering Design, which allows the bit to be centered with the subbase or optional template guides (sold separately). This makes it easier than ever to keep the bit on the intended cutting-line when using guidance devices such as jigs, templates, or dovetail fixtures.
Both of the included bases, fixed and plunge, feature quick clamp systems for quick tool-free conversions, so moving the motor between the two bases takes only seconds and requires no tools. The plunge base features soft grip handles for easier operation, and the fixed base includes threaded holes for mounting it to router tables. The fixed base's advanced bit height adjustment system allows you to conveniently adjust the bit height from above the router table.
Rugged Design for Increased Durability
The Bosch 1617EVSPK Plunge and Fixed-Base Router Kit is durable and built for years of use. The motor housing and bases are now made of aluminum, and the power switch is now completely dust-sealed for added durability. The rugged carrying case keeps all of the components protected. This routing system is backed by a one-year limited warranty, 30-day money back guarantee, and one-year service protection plan.
What's in the Box
EVS Motor (16176), plunge base (RA1166), fixed base (RA1161), fixed base chip shield, plunge base chip shield, 1/2-inch and 1/4-inch self-releasing collet chucks, comfortable forged 16-mm and 24-mm bit change wrenches, T-handle hex-height adjustment wrench, and rugged carrying case.
The motor's speed range features Constant Response Circuitry for clean, consistent results.View larger.
From the Manufacturer
The Bosch 1617EVSPK gives you the best of both the fixed-base and plunge router worlds. It features a 12 amp, 2-1/4-horsepower, 8,000 to 25,000 rpm (no-load) motor with plunge base and fixed base in a rugged well-organized carrying case. This kit features the exclusive quick-clamp system, allowing tool-free movement of motor from base to base. Other key features include variable speed, soft-start, and Constant Response circuitry that maintains speed under load. The depth adjustment system features coarse and microfine bit depth adjustment with re-settable indicators. Both bases have large base openings with 2-inch sub-base openings, accepting larger bits and providing better visibility. The routers' right or left switch and cord locations provide both choice and consistency, and the motor does not rotate during depth adjustment. Both bases feature the Bosch exclusive precision centering design for centering optional template guides. The motor has a one-piece armature shaft for accuracy and long bit shank capacity. The kit includes 1/2-inch and 1/4-inch self-releasing collets, and comfortable drop-forged wrenches. Multiple new optional accessories allow you to build a complete Bosch routing system.
- 2.25HP/ 12 AMP Motor 8,000-25,000 RPM
- Variable speed dial — For matching speed to work piece and task
- Soft-start-Reduces start-up torqu e
- Constant-Response Circuitry-Maintains constant speed under load
- Quick clamp system on both bases for fast tool-free conversion-Move motor from base to base with ease
- Precision Centering Design-Makes it easy to keep bit on intended cutline when using jigs, templates, dovetail fixtures and similar guidance devices
- Microfine bit depth adjustment system on both bases-For fast, precise bit depth adjustment
- Wide base openings and 2" sub-base openings-Accepts larger bits & provides better visibility
- Right or left switch location-For user preference and consistency (motor does not rotate during depth adjustment)
- Contoured soft grip handles-For enhanced control and comfort
- Double insulated
- Now includes RA1161 Fixed-Base with system for adjusting bit height from above a router table
- Fixed base has threaded holes for mounting to router table positioned in common 3-hole pattern
- Rugged carrying case has compartments for all included items
- Power Switch - Now includes dust-sealed power switch
- Optional RA1126 Quick-Change Template Guide Adapter (sold separately)-For fast and easy change of Bosch RA-Series template guide (or threaded template guides, if optional RA1100 adapter is also used.)
- Amperage: 12.0
- Base Diameter: 6" Fixed/ 6-11/16" Plunge
- Collet Capacity: 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 8 mm
- Cord Length: 10
- Max. Motor HP: 2.25
- Base diameter: 6 inches
- No Load RPM: 8,000-25,000
- Rating: 120 V AC
- Used on Model No. : RA1171, RA1180, RA1181, RA1182, RA1200 Router Tables (Router in fixed base only).
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Weight (lbs.): 19.5
- 1/4" Self-Releasing Collet Chuck
- 1/2" Self-Releasing Collet Chuck
- 16mm Shaft Wrench
- 24mm Collet Nut Wrench
- Carrying Case
- Fixed Base (RA1161)
- Plunge Base (RA1166
- Fixed Base Chip Shield
- Plunge Base Chip Shield
- T-Handle Hex Height Adjustment Wrench
- Pack of 3 10-24 Screws for Table Mounting
This Bosch power tool comes with a one-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.