5.0 out of 5 stars What is Type A and Type B?
A is for Driver and Passenger side.
B is for Passenger side ONLY.

You can combine A/A or A/B.

Type B has extra curve slightly for the passenger side, but Type A will perform as expected.
Published 10 months ago by CJ Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good
This is my 3rd brand of bracketless wipers. I've also tried Valeo and Autotex. As with all of them, this one installed easily and performs much better than an old, work-out wiper.

Published on February 13, 2012 by Brian R.

5.0 out of 5 stars What is Type A and Type B?, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
A is for Driver and Passenger side.
B is for Passenger side ONLY.

You can combine A/A or A/B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually a good value when you consider the durability, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
I've had these on my car for a little over a year and a half. (I know, because Amazon just reminded me of my prior order as I checked out the product page to order another set.) Only now are they starting to show signs of aging. Before these, I had wipers from Rain-X (two different kinds) and while they cost about 75% as much, they lasted 30% of the time. You do the math.

In case you're not familiar with them, Bosch is the company that actually makes the OEM wiper blades for many high end cars (like BMW, for one). In fact, you'd probably be surprised by how much inside your car is made by Bosch. So, you're not buying from a company that is just marketing cheap parts made in China and selling it with a lot of marketing. You're getting OEM quality with these, if not better. So, when considered in that light, as well, these blades really aren't that expensive.

So, the blades really do last, but will you be happy with them while they do? I think so. They hold the shape of the windshield well, and never flap or vibrate, no matter how fast you're going. The bracket is solid, and worked well on the J-hook in my car. Many other "universal" mounts didn't work so well, notably the ones from the aforementioned Rain-X wipers.

They don't streak or chatter, and even after having them on my car for over a year, they are only streaking a small amount.

Given that your eyes are the most important safety device on your car, you owe it to yourself to not skimp on wiper blades. But I'm pleased to report that despite the upfront cost, these are actually MORE cost effective than many other premium wiper blades, given that they are the only expensive wiper blades I've ever used that actually lasted longer than the cheap ones.

Tip: the A or the B after the model number (e.g. 22A) refers to the spring force of the blade (i.e. how hard it is to pull it straight). The B applies more force, and would be useful if you have a highly curved windshield. The fact that Bosch offers not just a variety of lengths down the inch, but also two different spring forces, is another indicator of the fact that these are not your average wiper blades. I found that having an A on the driver side and a B on the passenger side works best on my car. If in doubt, just try A all around, and then if you find that the blade is missing spots on the ends of the blade, return the A and get a B.

Last tip: Amazon's database is helpful, but by no means complete. If you think this will fit your car, but Amazon says it won't, ignore Amazon. They say neither blade I have on my car will work, and yet I'm extremely happy with them, as you can tell.

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

We've had some rain, snow and frost in the mornings. This wiper has been doing very well with all of these conditions. This one also seems to have the tightest quality build of the three. Overall, little to no streaking, no extra noise or skipping and does well on sub-freezing mornings as well.

With bracketless blades, they have an airfoil styling to help keep them against the windshield when driving. Sometimes, this causes what seems like a low-pressure zone directly behind the blade which draws water back onto the windshield on the downstroke. This one seems to do that less than the other brands.

Overall, compared to the other brands I'd probably pay a little bit more for these ones based on experience so far, though I haven't had it long enough to compare it long-term.

Update 5/2012: This wiper isn't all that great - it always seems to leave small drops behind it on the windshield and seems to age rapidly. I wouldn't consider these a "premium" wiper.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't See the "Premium" in This Wiper Blade, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've had the Bosch wiper blade on my driver's side for approximately 2 months. My car is parked uncovered & outside 24/7. Over the years, I've used OEM blades, auto part store blades, Silblades & Bosch.

Other than a cheapie pair put on by my dealership auto service department, I can see no real difference in durability & "wipability" of any of the blades I've listed above. They all start out great & then deteriorate over time. From my experience, they all seem to wear out in about the same number of months & I've never had a wiper blade go through 1/2 a year.

This Bosch blade is ok. It works well out of the carton & is easy to install. After 2 months, it still does a decent job at getting the rain off of the windshield. I am starting to see a little streaking, and I still need a scrubber to get bug splats off the windshield. I have a 6 month old Silblade on my passenger side, and the Bosch wipes better than the old Silblade, but the Bosch hasn't been on the car & exposed to the elements as long.

At this point, I'm not impressed enough with the Bosch to say that it warrants a premium price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only Wiper I will use, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
I have low tolerance for bad visibility when driving. I have tried virtually every blade on the market, and the Icons out-perform, and out-last everything else I have tried. I won't use any other wiper blade anymore - I even sets to my mom and dad for Christmas. I originally bought these at a local auto parts store, and see that the Amazon price is significantly better. Advice - It is critical to make sure you are buying the correct size for your vehicle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wipers, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
I bought these to replace the rain-x ones that had dried out. These hug the windshield much better and do not move around as much at highway speeds due to the spoiler. These are streak & noise free. I really like them. I hope they hold up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars These just rock!, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
I've owned many cars. And most of the time only purchased the lower cost blades... finally realized how important wiper blades are so decided to try these.

Installed on my 2000 Olds, and just love them. They grip the window, wipe extremely well, and easy to install (of course how hard are wipers to install anyway?)

Arrived in 2 days, installed in less than 10 minutes (would have taken less time if I hadn't taken time to read the package, etc).

I can't state anything about lifetime but will update in the future when I know. I will definitely order these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST EVER, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
I am a car guy so I picked these up because I liked the sleek look of them. I hoped for great performance as well. FIVE years later, yes I said FIVE and they are still working great (same set). My car is due for the annual inspection and I was thinking about replacing them but honestly there is no need. Average wipers, Anco etc., I replace every other year. So yeah they cost more but last 2-3 times longer, look better and work better. There are very few products that actually live up to the hype but this is one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wipers, January 29, 2014
Avid Amazoner (Southeast Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
These are really very nice and well designed wipers. They snap on very easily although I did have a time figuring out I had it upside down. So if you have trouble installing - turn it over! Seriously, these are the best wipers I have ever used. Peformance is outstanding. I'll try and remember to update in a year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not amazing, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)
Use the sizing chart on the Bosch website, not the Amazon tool here. Ended up being a perfect fit using the Bosh sizing charts; amazon was recommending another size for my car.

Overall, solid construction, consistent clearing of the windshield, but moderate streaking here and there (micro size), but for brand new blades, would have thought they could do better.

Bosch 22A ICON Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1)
$24.53 $19.27