1,134 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific wipers in combination with RainX
Most new cars come with spring-less wipers from the manufacturer. If that's the case I don't think this makes much sense to get these.

Published on January 30, 2009 by R. Fang

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected from Bosch
Published on February 24, 2012 by Zheka212

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific wipers in combination with RainX, January 30, 2009
R. Fang (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews

If you have an older model car that uses spring-loaded wipers that doesn't do much more than smudging water back-and-forth on your windshield, these wipers are a substantial upgrade. I first bought them for my 2001 RAV4 and replaced only one wiper just to compare side-by-side and it's like seeing half the windshield is squeaky-clean and the other half feels like looking through someone else's eyeglass. The difference is so dramatic you don't need to have the results side-by-side to know there's a huge difference. After that I bought a pair for my 2005 S2000 as well. Same great results compared against the factory spring-loaded wipers.

In combination with applying RainX to the windshield, the result is very similar a brand new car off the dealer's lot. RainX helps the wiping during low speed, and it also has the added benefit of not needing the wipers much at high speeds. I would say these wipers contribute 80% and RainX 20%.

One word of warning is that though the bracket of these wipers come fairly curved in its natural position, it may not fit the the curviest of windshields like a glove. My S2000 windshield outcurves these brackets at the extreme end on the passenger side. That means in wiper off position the last inch or two of the wiper is not touching the winshield. Only after the wiper moves up a few inches does it fully come in contact. In reality this does not affect my visibility from the driver's seat at all. Hence it's a full five-star rating from me despite this.

I live in Seattle with frequent rain, but no snow. So this review does not extend to how well they work in below-freezing weather. See other reviewers' comments regarding snow.

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, streaks, or squeaks!, May 21, 2008
I ordered the Bosch 19" and 21" wipers for my 2002 Honda Civic as a part of a Buy One Bosch Blade Get One Free [...]. I probably would've never considered trying Bosch windshield blades otherwise, but I'm so happy I did.

With my previous blades that I got during an oil change at a quick-lube shop, I got a lot of streaking and squeaking whenever I used them. Every time I encountered a rain storm, I had to abide the same consistent, annoying noise if I didn't want to compromise my own safety. It was very difficult to bear.

Even after I pulled the trigger on buying the blades, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to install them on my car because of my lack of automotive know-how. When they came, however, my worries went away. The Bosch blade package showed me how to remove my old blades and how to install the new ones. It was a piece of cake. The only problem? They came individually in two separate boxes that were HUGE. What a waste of packing material, Amazon! :(

Back to the blades: How do they function? Beautifully! I streamed washer fluid onto my windshield and it cleaned it away with no streaking and no noise whatsoever.

What better testimonial can I give than I decided to buy another pair for my partner? They work wonderfully - get them now!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected from Bosch, February 24, 2012
I bought these to replace the OEM wipers on my 2010 Infiniti G37x. They worked well for about 2 months, and then started streaking. I tried cleaning them (and the windshield), but they just continued to degrade. When I went in for service (4 months after installation), I was told I needed new wipers. These are supposed to be covered by a warranty - I tried to get get in touch with Bosch's warranty department for 6 weeks - I am still waiting for a callback. I'll buy a new set from a different brand, but this is not what I expected from a "premium" mark. Won't buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, November 25, 2008
92Dawg (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
I've had these about 2 weeks on a Chevy Tahoe and they work great, the only problem is that the passenger-side blade lacks enough "spring" to follow the contour of the windshield, leaving the outermost 2 inches of the blade with virtually no contact with the glass. I'm hoping that as they age a little the rubber wiper will settle in and lower itslef closer to the glass, but who knows...

1.0 out of 5 stars Streaks after about a month of use. Very disappointing., November 9, 2011
T_Dave_P (Novi, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch 4826 Evolution All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade - 26" (Pack of 1) (Misc.)
I'd heard very good things about Bosch blades so I thought it would be a good investment to spend a bit extra for wiper blades that might last longer than average. Imagine my disappointment when these blades started to streak after just a month or so of very light usage. Starting with a single streak at about the midway point of the blade, then with added streaks as more time (and usage) passed. Currently, at 3 full months of usage, they're still usable, but look like wiper blades after 3 years of usage, not 3 months.

I can't accurately document how many days of rain they faced before the streaks started, but can say it was summer usage, so no snow or ice played a factor. I don't drive very much, totaling maybe 8,000 miles a year, so the amount of usage these blades got within the first month or so was seriously minimal.

This lack of durability would be terrible for even the cheapest, no-name brand of wipers, much less a Bosch. I'll be replacing them soon, but it certainly won't be with another Bosch product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed, December 23, 2008
Henry B (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
I recently installed 2 sets of these wipers on both my F150 and my wife's Explorer. After an ice storm and 2 snow storms we both decided these wipers are dissapointing at best. These contoured blades are supposed to maintain contact with the windshield in snowy conditions. Well, neither one of us found this to be true. We both spent more time on the side of the road, cleaning the ice/snow off of these, hoping they'd maintain contact with the glass. On my set, after a few times of banging the ice/snow off the blade, the little plastic covers kept opening up. I noticed when I removed these (only 4 weeks old) that 3 of the 4 covers were missing.

Don't be fooled by their cleaner appearance or by their advertising, these are not worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking wiper!, May 28, 2008
Very slick fit on our 2002 Odyssey. 24" and 21" are the correct combination. Looks great. Once again, shame on Amazon for not figuring out how to put more than one wiper blade in a very big box!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC Wiper Blade!, August 14, 2011
Uncle Guy (Hyattsville, MD USA) - See all my reviews
Absolutely one of the best-performing Wiper Blades that I've ever used! I've purchased Trico blades from the local car-enthusiast chain store without getting very excited about their performance. I've tried the ones that my local Jiffy Lube station sells you on -- they were garbage. I've purchased them from my local Honda dealer during Service visits -- the results were hit-or-miss as to performance. I've recently purchased the Rain-X all-weather brand (with the rubber covering the metal brackets to keep them from freezing over during the Winter) and will NEVER make that mistake, again -- they were horrible blades, right from the start.

Then a friend at work with the same Honda Ridgeline that I have mentioned he tried Bosch blades and was very satisfied. So I found these on Amazon, not expecting much. Boy, was I surprised! These have no metal hold-down brackets but work fantastic. They clean every inch of the blade path. I was so happy that I called that friend from the road to tell him. His wife thinks I'm crazy. They're both right -- if you get this excited about a set of wiper blades, you need to get out more often...

But they're that good!
8-)

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, July 13, 2008
Starz (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This is a great product. I was a bit skeptical about it because it didn't have the traditional metal bracket. The curve design makes it stick better on the windshield leaving no streaks. I have the J-hook mount piece. Installation was so easy; you just snap it in. I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wiper, June 10, 2008
Nora (Fort Collins CO) - See all my reviews
I installed these on a Subaru Outback. I've been very disappointed with both Subaru wipers and Bosch regular old wipers. These, however, are super. They wipe the windshield clean with no noise at all. A huge improvement for me.

Rate and Discover Movies