5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT...
This product is perfect for homes where the space is an issue or for locations distant from heating source.
The first heater we received and installed was mullfunctioning. After discussing the troubleshooting with BOSH, Amazon the same day we contacted them sent us new replacement. Returning the first heater could be easier. Thank you Amazon.com!
My electric...
Published on March 25, 2009 by M. E.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 2 broke
The first unit ordered failed within one month but luckily Amazon fixed that problem for me and sent another. The one they sent worked for 1yr and now it had a melt down. Found a loose wire on a sensor causing a lot of heat and burned the unit up. This wire was supposed to be tightened at the manufacturer and not part of the install.

Also you might want to...
Published on January 18, 2010 by Burl P. Bolle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 2 broke, January 18, 2010
This review is from: Bosch AE-12 PowerStar 2.0 GPM Point-Of-Use Indoor Tankless Electric Water Heater (Tools & Home Improvement)

Also you might want to consider getting a unit with a temperature regulator because water comes out at largly different temperatures from the summer to the winter based on underground water temperature.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT..., March 25, 2009
M. E. (Yorktown, NY) - See all my reviews
My electric panel was just some year new, we did not have to provide any additional works besides wiring the heater. I saved all closet space(where I had located 30gal. el water heater) for other use. Heater is very small, it would easily fit under the sink. Temperature of hot water can be adjusted to your needs. 2 gallons of hot water per minute are good enough. According to professional installer, the heater is so simple device, that it should not have any additional problems.
I am very happy with the product and am starting considering this type of hot water heater for whole house, no matter price for electrical works.
Where the space is an issue, this product is one of great solutions.
I am highly recommending this heater.
Forgot to mention: Saving for electricity was instant.
2 years later it still works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible space saver, money saver, October 12, 2010
This thing works for me! It is the main (only) domestic HW heater for a 1 1/2 bath house, with laundry. Be aware of the electrical requirements before ordering - the 50 amp. line is heavy stuff, and not like running a 14-2 line. For safe installation, do not use the 10 ga. electric line that ran your old electric heater - it's too small. I also had to install an electric shut-off by the unit, per its instructions, which wasn't expected.

I changed my showerhead to a 1.5 gpm flow design (WaterPik eco-flo)to boost the efficiency of the unit. The 2.5 gpm that was replaced could overtax the unit. If you don't have a 'scaldguard' shower valve installed, you may not need to replace the showerhead, but with one, the shower is either all the way on, or all the way off.

It took some tinkering to get the flow and thermostat set where I wanted, but once that was done, it works very well. I don't believe one of the non-thermostatic units would have worked for me.

The internal reset switch needed to be reset once, and killing the power at the breaker, the shutoff, and getting the plastic housing off the unit, finding and resetting the switch, and then reversing the above was a pain. BUT it has only needed to be done once so far.

The extra storage space in the tiny utility room was unbelievable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time/money, December 13, 2010
Same pipe bursting as others mentioned. Unit died within a week of use. Amazon refunded the money with no problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are a nightmare!!!, April 2, 2011
We purchased this unit and had it installed by a professional and it worked great for about six months then all of a sudden it started throwing a breaker every time we turned on the hot water. The first thing that I did was to call Bosch tech support and that's when the nightmare began. I changed 3 heating elements myself as per their instructions and then a control board and it still does the same thing now wouldn't you expect that a decent company would then say "hey you've suffered enough we'll send you out a new unit"?? Yeah you would think that but instead they began to systematically blame me, their customer, for the product failure. These heaters are CRAP and anyone who says otherwise just got lucky!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS!!!, December 18, 2010
worst heater ever made. exchanged it and the second one was worst than first!! shaddy workmanship. first one exploded, second one turned off before it was ready to explode. the whole episode cost me about $1000 in lost time.these units are made somewhere in England using poor engineering . get the units made in Germany by Steibel ,quality and new technology.its a shame amazon doesnt sell it. this was my only purchase ever at amazon that was a nightmare.amazon refused to give me a full credit!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, April 2, 2012
Bosch AE-12 PowerStar 2.0 GPM Point-Of-Use Indoor Tankless Electric Water Heater. Tried two of these. Both worked intermittently or not at all. Suggest avoiding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good product, February 25, 2011
I purchase 3 of these units, one for each bath, and one for Kitchen/laundry. Of the 3 one failed and got my money back no problem from Homedepot. Works great for shower I pretty much turn it on full blast and I get a nice hot shower, unless my wife turns on the sink hot water, then it is just warm. Saves lots of energy, mainly because I'm concious every time I use the sink (I think about how fast it turns that meter over). If your wife likes to use hot water rinsing dishes and washing her hands and takes 45 minut showers, you may come close to breaking even. A little restraint and you will come out way ahead.

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the price, February 11, 2013
When it works it is great, hot innstant water. first unit last maybe 2 years , the 2nd maybe a year.
both times the water got less hot. would expect more life for a $200+ unit. Others are less expensive.
wasy to install as it only requires a 1/2 faucet line not any compression fitting.
would not recommned due to durability

2.0 out of 5 stars it lasted a year, December 28, 2012
i guess you get what you pay for. it lasted about a year before conking out. so i am looking on amazon to find another one. dissapointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›