Top critical review
88 people found this helpful
Horrible horrible horrible, over 60% FAIL rate
on April 22, 2008
I have used these units in several buildings. The biggest building being an 8 unit building all with 1 bedroom apartments. Each apartment has it own hot water heater.
We have OVER a 60% fail rate. First you do a LOT of electrical work to get to the point of being able to install it. Then you put it in and this what progresses:
- day one works great and you think "what a great idea I had"...
- few weeks or months later it is hot for a minute, then warm, then cold as it runs
- you reset the unit try and test everything, it works ok you think
- get a call a day later it is the same warm then cold then warm showers
- you take it out and return it to the store.
I have replaced 3 yes THREE in one single apartment alone. All in all I bought 8, for an 8 unit building, and have installed either new or replacements 18, in a eight unit building that only has 8 on any given day, at this time. I am a whiz at getting them in and out.
So if you are looking to waste money and a LOT of time as you replace it and try and fix it etc this is for you. These could not even sustain a 1 bedroom with ONE tenant. All my units have a single tenant in them....
I did call the company and they are very nice. The guy I was talking with was a technician on what they called the "pro side" for builders professional etc. I explained everything to him and told him of my fail rate and he said that was possible. So they know of the problem, over 60% fail rate did NOT even phase him, he obviously had heard about this plenty of times before me......