5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch Fridge - French Doors
We bought a Bosch fridge 2 weeks ago after our 9 yr old Maytag fridge stopped working. NEVER buy a side by side Maytag fridge!! NOTHING but trouble 2 weeks after the 1 yr warranty was up. Compressor finally quit after 9 years, lost 100's of dollars in food, paid $100 to fix the fridge every 6 months.

Anyways, purchased a Bosch B26ft fridge w/french doors &...
Published on July 22, 2010 by Andrea Sobering

3.0 out of 5 stars Bosch B26FT70SN
I purchased the Bosch refrigerator when the previous fridge died. It had the fewest on-line complaints and was actually made in the U.S. rather than Mexico. While it's really too soon to actually rate this refrigerator because I only just got it a week ago, here are some things that i've found:

1. The stainless steel isn't actually stainless so fridge magnets...
Published on November 22, 2010 by Jerry

3.0 out of 5 stars Bosch B26FT70SN, November 22, 2010
This review is from: Bosch B26FT70SNS 800 26.0 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator - Energy Star (Misc.)

1. The stainless steel isn't actually stainless so fridge magnets will stick.

2. The stainless look is on the doors only, sides are dark brown.

3. The ice maker makes plenty of ice.

4. The water line for the dispenser freezes often so no water comes out. (This doesn't seem to affect the ice maker though.) Don't set the controls below the settings shown in the manual. If your kitchen is cool the fridge temperature may have to be increased.

5. The produce and deli drawers take up a lot of room. So tall bottles aren't able to stand up. Also if you don't purchase mostly produce you'll be surprised at how little room is left over.

6. Both doors must be open to access any of the compartments.

7. The warning beeper sounds for about five (very long) minutes after you shut the door (if you've left it open too long). This is quite annoying.

8. The Sears installers will scratch the doors putting the handles on. (They don't level the fridge either.)

9. Six 12-pack cases of cans fit just right with no wasted space.

10. There is no positive indication that you've pressed any of the buttons and the mode selected is sometimes not clear.

11. It's very quiet.

12. The display shows only the settings. A thermometer(s) will still be needed to know what the inside temperature is.

13. Everything inside is very well lit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch Fridge - French Doors, July 22, 2010

Anyways, purchased a Bosch B26ft fridge w/french doors & water dispenser/ice maker. First of all, it is clean and beautiful in our kitchen. There is a lot of space for various sizes and shapes of food and food container. Maintains constant temperature with little fluctuation. I LOVE the water dispenser and ice maker. We had this in our other fridge, but the ice and water always had a background taste. The bottom mount freezer is fantastic. Very easy to organize items and therefore, you can store much more.

The only possible down side is that the exterior is easily fingerprinted/smudged. Considering the use of a fridge is to keep food stored properly, I am EXTREMELY happy with my purchase. I will update my review after 1 year.

Bosch B26FT70SNS 25.9 cu. Ft. 800 Series Standard Depth French Door Refrigerator - Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have ice maker problems with this model read this!, July 3, 2012
This is a Great Fridge with a slight design problem on the ice maker. If your ice maker stop working, the reason for it is not that it broke but rather it just somehow froze in so the moving parts stop moving!
Do the following: physically remove the ice maker from the refrigerator for about 1 1/2 hour. It will give it a chance to defrost it. Pour out the remainder of the water from the plastic housing re install the ice-maker as it was and here you go! It will work again! Try this! It will work! It work for me! I had the repair man replace the unit under warranty and after the nonworking unit melted out it worked again! Little inconvenience but it will work and it is free!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant refrigirator, awesome design, large and well lit, March 9, 2011
I purchased this from Sears with good discount. I was happy with the cost. It was scheduled for delivery after 20 days. I was nervous investing that much on a refrigerator. But when Sears folks delivered and installed it well, and I was not disappointed.

PROS:

1-Looks, it makes your kitchen a lot more sellable. Ready for HGTV?
2-Inside is roomy
3-Well lit
4-Ice and water outlet is flat and looks very modern. It is touch sensitive, not push sensitive. Just touch onto the buttons, they come off.
5-Water coming out of the dispenser is filtered and has very pleasant taste. Filter is inside the frig easy to access. It is very small, won't take space.
6-Flexible interior adjustment: you can move few thing around, and fit a Heineken keg easily.
7-temperature separated sections: Upper part has 3 temperature separated sections.a-Regular larger section b)vegetables section which keep veggies moist and cooler c) deli section, which keeps meat coolest.
8-Freezer is roomy with one large bottom section, and one drawer to put boxy stuff in orderly manner.
9-External light is pleasantly lit and ambient: yet to find a way to keep it lit nonstop, but blue water-ice outlet light is very nice in dark.
10-The Ice maker does not take the entire inside section of the right door where ice dispense is located outside. It is so well designed that you can still use the inside shelf located in front of the dispenser part of the fridge. most of the other brands use the dedicate that section for ice machine.
11-Best buy for a luxury frig under $2,500.

CONS:

If any..
1- Due to nature of french-doors, the doors do not self close, Therefore, you have to give a light push to ensure that the doors close, which outlines the alarm issue many users are complaining about. But, if you close the doors properly, alarm will not sound, period. So, close the doors.:)
2-A bit pricier than average regular frig, but this is not an average frig. This is a Bosch and this model cost twice as much in Europe.
3- Stainless steel stains, but this is the nature of the stainless steel. If this is a concern for you, avoid stainless steel fridges.

VERDICT:

BUY IT !!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Please do not buy this fridge, February 2, 2013
We purchased this fridge from Sears after what we thought was a lot of research, including buying a Consumer Reports book. We wanted a large fridge with a bottom freezer and, while we were wary of the ice-maker function, we really wanted our kids to be able to get their own water for a change and we had been making ice with ice trays for years previous. We paid $2599 during a boxing day sale in 2012.
Fast forward to just over a year later. As I type this, my husband is hunched over the ice-maker with my hair dryer, trying to melt what we are hoping is a block of ice, which has caused the water dispenser to be dripping water for almost a week. The front compartment of the ice-maker will not even come off. We are praying this works, and I sincerely wish I had come across all the reviews on this site (we are in Canada).
Please do not buy this fridge. While our problem is still unresolved at this moment, it has been such a hassle to relocate all our food.

And I agree wholeheartedly with the reviewers who said the door alarm is highly annoying, and the buttons to get water and ice are very sticky and you have to press them very hard. Also, water filters are over $50 each and need to be replaced every 4-6 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars 20 of 23 current reviews are one-star for a reason, January 3, 2014
Bosch customer service supervisor "Ricki" tells us only disgruntled people write reviews. Nonsense: this company is producing substandard products and selling them as premium. People don't come to the Internet to "trash" - they come to the Internet to ALERT because, unlike Bosch, people tend to care about one another as consumers. In the case of Bosch those alerts are negative because the company is a farce: a "German" company selling high-priced Asian junk from Korea implying German quality.

Background: we have two refrigerators: a Bosch and a much less expensive LG, which was about 1/2 the price. The LG is older: besides that, they're very similar. We purchased the Bosch as our primary fridge due to Bosch's undeserved reputation for quality.

About two years after purchasing this fridge the panel that controls the unit broke. Bosch sent a tech to replace it, which cost us $150 for labor. Six months later the SAME PART has failed again, and Bosch wants to charge us again.

I'd give this product, and this company, zero stars except that's not possible. I will NEVER purchase a Bosch product and wish I'd seen these reviews beforehand. Bosch has earned their 20/23 one-star reviews -- 24 if this one counts -- be warned and avoid this brand.

BTW: While our panel has rendered a large amount of the functionality of our fridge useless we've had the same icebox problem as many, many others. Even before the panel broke we were making ice cubes "old school," and storing them in the LG. Check out my other purchases and reviews and you'll see a glowing review for silicon ice cube trays: if you buy a Bosch fridge buy some of those yourself because you'll need them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bosch B26FT70SNS French Door LEMON, November 4, 2012
Bought this unit in Spring 2010 when I did a complete kitchen remodel to make the kitchen of my dreams. Have had nothing but trouble with the Ice Maker from the first month after it was installed. To date, ice maker system totally replaced 3 times, with replacements of other individual parts of the ice maker system on the other service calls. After each repair, the unit works FOR A WHILE, and then it craps out again, and I am back to buying ice at the local convenience store while waiting for yet another service call. I even took out extended warranty assuming the problems would continue (best $$ sent on this unit so far). So far 7 service calls and the icemaker just died again. Am TOTALLY disgusted with this product and am now dealing with the supply co. I bought it from who is dealing with Bosch trying to get me some sort of pro-rated rebate or other satisfaction. I WILL NOT accept a new BOSCH refrig which is what the supplier suggested because the problem is not the refrig, it's the ice maker system/design. If I have to, I will haul this piece of crap to the curb, park a big LEMON sign on it, and let the trash folks haul it away and use my old 20 yr old amana backup refrig until I replace it. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE -- the ice maker system has significant / serious design flaws!!
I finally got the seller to take the refrig back based on the multiple problems with the ice maker and got a refund. Bought a non-Bosch refrig. Do not recommend buying this model until they fix design of ice maker.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst appliance experience I've ever had, January 15, 2014
We purchased this refrigerator in June 2013. The first week of December 2013, it was no longer cooling (a mere 6 months after purhase). Since it was still under warranty, Bosch sent out a technician. He's been to our house now 4 times total replacing parts including the computer and the fan. We're now on 6 weeks without a refrigerator (including having guests over the holidays). Bosch customer service has no sense of urgency or desire to assist. They are now sending out another technician and I was told that the first one wasn't "field certified". I'm still trying to figure out why they sent out a non-certified technician four times. This company is a travesty. Do not waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bosch BT26FT70 refrigerator is junk and Bosch don't stand by their own products. Avoid!, February 3, 2014
Only giving 1 star because zero stars isn't an option.

I purchased this from another online retailer. When switched on it did not get cold even after 2 days. I called Bosch customer services and they lady there told me call out a local service tech from Mr Appliance. I called the tech and he came out promptly and said the fridge has no freon, there's a leak in the sealed system. He said he would need to replace the evaporator but since it's a sealed system it would never be as good as new. I said "but it's a new fridge!". He suggested I call Bosch customer service and ask for a replacement. I called Bosch back again, however a lady there called Janice Davis (janice.davis@bshg.com) said that their warranty only covers repair and not replacement even on a brand new product! However the tech (who is not a Bosch employee) said that a repaired sealed system will never be the same as a new fridge.

Basically Bosch makes shoddy, rubbish products that look very nice but do not work at all, and refuse to stand by them. Their customer service is appalling and they simply don't care that they put out junk. I'm from the UK and there we have the Sale of Goods Act. Basically it says that you can get your money back if the item you purchased is unfit for purpose. This item is unfit for purpose, and I wish that law applied here! Best thing is to just stay away from anything Bosch.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT DO IT!, October 22, 2013
We bought this with much anticipation almost 3 years ago when buying a new house. Our reasoning being that Bosch makes great appliances, yes?! NOT THIS ONE. The ice maker has worked maybe 5% of the time we have owned it. With the extended warranty we bought, it has been fixed, or replaced, a total of SIX TIMES. And still never, or rarely works. We've been buying ice for 3 years!!! How this can be, I am not sure. But don't take the chance we did! It was the first year for this model. Bad time to buy anything!
We are having it replaced with a GE Monogram.