4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and nice addition if you have other Litheon tools
This is solid little flashlight that seems well made and has a nice grip. I find it plenty bright enough but have not compared it to other LED flashlights. You can argue about how it compares to other flashlights, but it's very attractive if you already have other 12V Litheon tools and batteries (which I do).
Published on December 22, 2010 by lens

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to love
So i just retired my old Dewalt 12v drill and moved to the Bosch 12v Lithion tools. My old Dewalt also had a flashlight that took the same batteries as the drill. That light saw more use than the drill. It was great on any project, had a swivel head and could always put the light where you wanted it.

I was hoping this would be half as good as the Dewalt light,...
Published on March 6, 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to love, March 6, 2012
This review is from: Bosch Bare-Tool FL11A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion LED Flashlight (Tools & Home Improvement)

I was hoping this would be half as good as the Dewalt light, but I'm not sure it is.

Pros:
1) Takes the batteries you already have for your other Bosch tools. Possibly the only reason to buy it.
2) Great if you want to hold it in your hand and use it as a flashlight. As bright as the Maglite XL100 Maglite XL100 LED Flashlight, Black but always has a battery ready to go.
3) compact size.

Cons:
1) Can never put the light where you need it unless you have someone holding it. You can lay it on it's side or point it straight up in the air, those are the two choices. And the beam is tight enough that if you put it on the floor and point it at what you want to work on up on the ceiling you are going to be blocking the light with your arms while working.
2) Really, really, really over priced. This cost as much as a bare tool driver or saw. And we all know it cost about 90% less to make. There is nothing here, one LED, a switch and some simple voltage regulation circuitry. If it had an adjustable head or some other features that made it more useful the cost might be justified. Honestly this should be a $25 tool tops, you know like that Maglite above that's machined from aluminum and Made in the USA.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad if you already have tools that use the 12 volt battery, October 15, 2012
I own a lot of flashlights.

I bought this one because I already own 3 batteries with other Bosch tools. For that kind of power I expected it to be quite a bit brighter, but it doesn't seem to throw much light.

If you don't already have a few batteries, I'd pass on this one. I wouldn't put it up to the standards of the drivers and saw that also use this 12 volt battery ( which is not included ).

The belt clip is a joke and not at all useful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Review of Bosch LED flashlight, July 18, 2013
This lamp is not strong and is not broadly focused. It is no better and may be even worse. Bosch should have done a much better job with this. I only bought it because I have some 12 volt tools I wanted to use it with. I do not recommend this product.
Brad

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and nice addition if you have other Litheon tools, December 22, 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Dim, over priced light, November 13, 2010
MARK "Mark S." (HACIENDA HGTS., CA. United States) - See all my reviews
I expected better from Bosch. A total waste of money. This is not a bright LED flashlight.
You can buy a much better, brighter light at Home Depot for 19.99. Its the Ryobi 4V
model #RP4400
I'm returning this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed! Love it!, September 26, 2011
Not without fault. As a flash light, it's nice. Seems to be way brighter than most that I have used. I am very happy with it. Its small, it uses the lithium rechargeable batteries that I all ready own so I can recharge as needed. It lasts forever between recharging. Even with just the single led, I still like this flashlight allot. It would be nice to have it even brighter maybe additional LED's and a folding arm so you can make it stand alone freeing up your hands to perform other work. I like it so much I will order another one for the house. I hope this helps you.

UPDATE: 3 yrs. old now no issues! I still love it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Will wait., September 17, 2013
I was looking for a flashlight to work with the tools and batteries I already have of the same style. I have a service co. with a lot of cordless tools and various flashlights for the various brands. I have to compare it to other brands that we have in use, DeWalt, Milwaukee as well as dedicated LED flashlights and it doesn't look like this flashlight is a good value when put up against them in price and versatility.
A pivoting head of some sort, magnet and folding ring to clip to would have been a better idea. We depend on flashlights in our work and I am always adding them to the tool kits. We also have Streamlight, Surefire and Qlights so I'm not afraid of spending money if the value is there. This flashlight is way over priced and under thought.
I also have had other Bosch flashlights that came with tools. They lay in far away places because they are almost never used. They are not worth the space they take up.
I hope someone at Bosch sees these comments and puts the design time to work at coming up with a better tool.
I am a fan and owner of many of their tools, just not this one. (Recently bought the new charger/radio-Love it).

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LIGHT., February 16, 2011
Much better than I expected when I saw it was LED. It has very good light projection, unlike most other LED flashlights. Very well made, rugged and high quality and the battery lasts longer on it because of the LED than on their other flashlight they discontinued. I think it's 5 stars all day long because that's pretty much how long I use it. Fits nicely in the pocket too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought one and was so pleased with it I just ordered another, January 14, 2015
I was very hesitant to purchase this after reading the reviews. I bought one and was so pleased with it I just ordered another. I'm not sure what is was being compared to but this is a great light!!!!! If you need a spot light buy a spot light. We provide service work in homes every day. This light is small but provides sufficient light for all our needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price!, June 26, 2014
Compact. Fits in your pocket. Batteries last a long time. Could be a little bit brighter. Love all my Bosch tools!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›