Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bosch CC2130 Clic-Change 27-Piece Drilling and Driving Set with Clic-Change Chuck
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 7, 2011
Amazon promotes the Bosch PS20 and this clic-change kit as going together. So I bought both. I unwrapped both packages today and what do you know, the PS20 is not able to accommodate the clic change system. I phoned Bosch to make sure.

So now it is going back. A bit annoyed at Amazon since people have been complaining about this for at least three years. I guess the "frequently purchased together" is not really a recommendation, just the fact that many people have made this mistake, and continue to do so. Hopefully Amazon will change this....

Jill
33 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2008
Disappointed, because Amazon recommended this to go with the Li-on driver, but it doesn't fit that driver at all.

I kept it, because it's good for use in another cordless drill. Just not in the Bosch drivers.
33 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2005
I can not express my complete satisfaction with this set--it is perfect.

Of all the tool purchases I've made this might have been the best investment--I've had this set for nearly 3 yrs, used them daily (hourly in many cases) and yet the set looks as good as new. I broke the two smallest drill bits--but that can be expected--and they were easily replaced, (not to be expected). I rely on this set completely as it has fundamentally changed my working habits--it would be inconceivable having to get by without this set.

I went ahead and augmented this set with the self-centering and piloting taper (for wood/drywall screws) bits and no complaints thus far although I wish there was a more comprehensive quality bit set available for use with this chuck.

Bosch fumbles many tools and accessories (e.g. the edge guide for their jigsaw) but when they get something right it is a thing of wonder.
I was beginning to wish I had a second cordless drill. Having to change bits frequently is all the more work. With the Bosch Clic system, you just pop the bit in the holder, pull the head back, it clicks and holds your bit. To change, it is intuitive because as you pull the chuck forward it releases the bit as you pull the bit out, all in one motion. Just like putting the bit in, in one sweep. In goes the bit, and the chuck moves back to the click.
Bosch makes several clic change bit styles that work with the system, including self feeding spade bits.
The interesting thing is that the Ryobi bits fit it perfectly as well. I wound up stocking up at the local home center on other bits.
I was building a large outfeed table for the table saw out of red oak. Having to drill countersinks for the screws, and following with a phillips bit to set the screws, all the while clamping and unclamping the joint, made the clic change system the right tool. Saved all kinds of time, not to mention enlongating the battery life of the drill, not having to run it to change the bit fifty times.
The good thing is that the Bosch clic system works without a snag. No hang ups or binding, just smooth consistent changes. Highly recommended.
on July 12, 2008
Good bits, but the quick change chuck doesn't fit the ps-20! All the bits work fine, but the chuck that lets you do a one-handed change doesn't fit the ps-20 which has a 1/4" hex size, and the chuck in this is bigger
on March 6, 2001
I have used an Insty Bit for the last seven years and I wish Bosch had come out with this much sooner. The one hand operation is great and the assortment of bits has saved me from rumaging through my collection of bits for square drive and phillips screws. The drill bits come in handy as well. I would definitely recommend this to any wood worker.
on May 13, 2000
Fianlly I chose a great gift for my husband. We are restoring a 1988 horse trailer and this drill bit set has been wonderful. After breaking many other brand bits, this set holds up to the stress with no trouble at all. The quick change is an added plus and can be do with ease. I will highly suggest this product to all handy people we know.
on June 18, 2011
I bought this based on Amazon's helpful screen that comes up when you order a Bosch PS21 Pocket Driver suggesting it as an ideal package. But be warned that I had to return it as the fancy Clic Change Chuck requires a 3/8" chuck and this driver doesn't have one!
Unfortunate waste of my time and it too bad as it looks like very high quality tool bits. Plus Amazon is on the hook for six bucks return postage that isn't good for us shareholders!
on April 19, 2010
The two clic-change bits that came with my Bosch driver are great because they have a long shaft and click into place. I would love a pack with that kind of bit because the bit does not come out when removing the driver from a tight situation. The clic-change system is good because you need not be so careful -- the bit is part of the driver.

Instead, this package has a bunch of magnetic bits that fit into a chuck that uses clic-change; there is also an enormous push/pull chuck that does not fit in tight spaces. Instead of the bits being like those originals that use the really good clic-change system, they come out as easily as any other bits. You really do not even need the magnetic chuck because you can put the bits directly into the chuck. The bits from my old Makita driver work as well in this system as the bits in this pack.

My local hardware store has a similar package with a magnetic chuck and many more bits (torx, square, security, etc) for only $20. That hardware store package is now where I look first
44 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2004
For the person that does not have dedicated tools and needs to have the ability to switch between driving and drilling, this is a must. I extensively use an 18V cordless driver and my favorite switch is in between the drill bit and the magnetic tipped extension with a screwdriver bit. This switch alone has saved me uncountable time. Additionally, the mechanism is such that you can do the change with one hand, a plus for when you are bracing or holding something down/up with the other free hand. The picture doesn't show it well, but the case is very durable and holds all accessories very snugly. I highly recommend this as an addition to your current bit or drill sets.