Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

78%
22%

on February 6, 2012
I bought this to go with a Bosch miter saw and found it to be very useful for repeatable cuts of long pieces. The end stops were reliably accurate and yet could be raised or lowered easily. I found it to be sturdy for the cost. My biggest wish would be to make it easier to adjust the position of the miter saw along the track.
on March 5, 2015
Let me start by saying that I have not had experience with any competitors’ products in this category, but I purchased the Bosch GTA3800 based on the extension arms having BOTH rollers and stops. I may stand to be corrected, but as of yet I have not found another product that offers both these features including Bosch’s more expensive TB4. I also got the impression from shopping online that this product has been discontinued and in the absence of another product with the features I sought, I decided the time was right to purchase.

I borrowed a Ridgid MS1065LZ 10 inch miter saw to test the stand since I am currently shopping for a saw of my own. Mounting this saw to the stand was fairly simple, it just took a few tries to get the bolts to line up and thread. In theory, I won’t be regularly swapping out miter saws, so a little effort for one time setup is not a big deal. On the first page of the manual there is a comprehensive list of compatible miter saws and this manual can be downloaded from Bosch before or after purchase. Any saw not on the list may or may not be a candidate, but worst-case scenario you could mount the saw to plywood and attach that to the stand (less than ideal but hardly impossible).

WORK HEIGHT:

With the Ridgid saw, the saw table sits 37” high. I find this to be an acceptable working height being a six-foot tall person, but I certainly wouldn’t want any lower.

CUTTING CAPACITY:

Bosch claims you can handle 16’ lumber with this. That is mostly true. If you are making cuts anywhere near the center of a 16’ stick no problem. If you want to nip just an inch off the end of the 16’ stick is when you will either have to hold or clamp your work piece down. With the saw positioned fully opposite and the wing fully extended, I was able to get 94” from blade to the edge of the support. You need more than 96” to truly balance a 16’ board without losing it or having to hold it. Probably not a deal breaker, but worth noting. That being said, if you had to cut a bunch of 92 5/8” studs out of 96” stock (or anything less), with the adjustable stop this stand is an absolute champion. Unfortunately in an upcoming project I have to cut a bunch of custom studs at 103 1/8”, thus I cannot utilize the stops although the stand will certainly support the cuts. With both wings fully extended, the support span measures 12’ 8 ½”. For the bulk of what I do, this is more than enough.

PROS:

Overall build quality = heavy duty (heavy gauge aluminum and steel, very little plastic).
Has both rollers and stops making for quick, easy and repeatable production of cuts.

12’ 8 ½” of material support from end to end, and up to 94” from end to saw blade.

37” work height (varies with saw model).

Easy to setup and take down.

CONS:

The plastic knobs to make adjustments are prone to sticking and hard to turn.

The saw does not easily slide along the rail when the mounting clamps are unlocked.

Possible issue with getting replacement parts (others have claimed that Bosch doesn’t offer them for this model).

Assembly instructions don’t show all the parts included i.e. washers and cotter pin. I found the washers after I had bent the cotter pin to secure the wheels at which point it was too late to use them. And speaking of, a hairpin cotter or R-clip would have been superior to a cotter pin in this application since it is removable as opposed to use once and destroy. Nothing a trip to the hardware store won't cure if I really wanted.
on February 29, 2016
Built very strong to support my Bosch GCM12SD,the legs and arms are very sturdy.The rollers and stops are also well engineered. If you have a Bosch Miter sliding compound this is the only stand for you.
review image
on September 26, 2012
I'm a DIYer. I use the Bosch stand (and compound miter saw) for mostly hardwood flooring, moldings, trims and a little bit of carpentry work (such as building simple work tables and benches...).

Pros: The stand provides my 12" Bosch miter saw with a very stable work surface. The stand extensions and stops also allow me to easily set up for repetitive cuts with long pieces of wood.

Cons: Because of the length and weight of the stand, it is a little hard to move the whole thing (stand + saw) around. You would have to push the whole unit on the 2 wheels. To use the wheels, the 2 legs next to them (as shown in the picture) have to be folded up; this takes a bit of effort as the whole unit is quite heavy.

This is a good stand overall and I'm happy with it. If you have the extra $, check out the Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise Miter Saw Stand.
on April 23, 2016
Gave this stand its first real workout today with my DEWALT DW717 Miter Saw. Assembly & set-up is easy. As others have said, this stand + saw is heavy, and the balance is a bit awkward with the saw in its lockdown position. I've also used it with my Craftsman 10 inch drill press. Some improvements that could give it another star:
- Larger diameter wheels would make navigating stairs much easier. As it is, the leg brackets will drag on the edge of each tread unless you maintain in an almost vertical position.
- Better hand-holds on each end. They are fine with the stand alone, but with the extra weight of the saw they bite into one's palms too much.
I also need to figure out hold to keep it stable in the bed of my truck as it tends to roll onto the saw support brackets rather than remaining flat on the bed.
Overall I'm happy with it so far. I would recommend it. Will update as I get more use from it.
on June 17, 2015
I have a Hitachi C12RSH sliding miter and the bolt pattern on it is not square. This Bosch stand is one of the few that has a flexible side-to-side mount that would allow for such a irregular pattern without the need of a plywood.

Setup is quick and easy. The stand is very study.

My only tiny complaint is the split cotter pin that secures the wheels. I think a spring type pin that's used for most garage door headers would have been better.
on July 16, 2016
Like it. Much better than DeWalt. Pretty heavy. Bosch doesn't package these too well so try to find one locally first. Home Depot ships these also and shipping carrier may be better. Both original and replacement were dented on top.
on February 8, 2016
This is a well made and heavy duty stand. My order came without the axle for the tires but Bosch provided me with a replacement at no charge. Their customer support is awesome and I have now become a Bosch supporter.
on August 26, 2015
This miter saw stand is a perfect match to my Bosch compound miter saw, and superior to the Sears craftsman version I was using previously in construction and cutting stability.
on June 13, 2014
I regularly use the stand to do my cutting work. The work is supported well for varying size work pieces and is a breeze to set up and store away.