|Item Weight||225 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||25.8 x 29.9 x 47.8 inches|
|Item model number||HGS5053UC|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Free 10yr Warranty on Major Components|
Bosch HGS5053UC 500 30" Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Range - Convection
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Despite the "sight unseen" special order concerns above, my wife and I we were drawn to this model for a couple reasons (in approximately this order):
(1) None of the "in stock" models (at several local retailers) and within our reasonably flexible mid range budget jumped out at us.
(2) The simple & clean look of this appliance was appealing, as was the 5th burner.
(3) After seeing (and barely hearing) my aunt and uncle's Bosch dishwasher, we definitely wanted one. At the time of our purchase (an entire house worth of appliances), a factory sponsored Bosch promo gave a 10% instant rebate on the purchase of 3+ Bosch appliances. Being fairly resolute on the dishwasher and using the range + matching microwave to round out the package made this price competitive with other generally less expensive brands (the 10% Bosch rebate was a national factory sponsored promotion in addition to the individual retailer's selling terms).
(4) The Bosch brand isn't as high end (or as highly priced) as Viking/etc, but does have a solid reputation. However, with fewer and few companies actually making appliances, I didn't assign much weight to this factor. More on this below.
(1) Works great. It's simple in design and execution, and lends itself to being used as a tool without annoying distractions.Read more ›
We were considering a dual-fuel range with gas cooktop and electric convection oven but chose to go with all gas, with a gas convection oven. We LOVE it! At first we thought that the convection fan didn't work, but a quick online check with a helpful Sears technician revealed what the manual failed to point out: for this particular model (BOSCH #HGS5053) wait 6 minutes for the fan to start up when preheating in Convection mode.
The range is extremely well made and it looks great, too! The controls are easy to use, and the convection fan is so quiet you won't know it's running unless you turn on the oven light and look in through the large glass door panel. Baking is even with no "hot spots" in either Bake or Convection mode. The 5-burner cooktop is nicely designed and easy to keep clean. The oven racks are not as heavy-duty as those on my previous gas range, an ancient Frigidaire, but they're adequate for the job, and there are more oven rack positions available in these Bosch ranges. It preheats to the set temperature much more quickly than the old Frigidaire did, and maintains it with fewer and shorter burn cycles. We expect to save money on the gas bill with this range.
I would strongly recommend the Bosch HGS5053 if you're looking to replace your old energy-IN-efficient dinosaur of a gas range!
So based on this free-standing oven with the oven controls in the rear I will say this...
I've own a Bosch dishwasher for about a year and love it. Just got the 500-series Bosch range and Microwave. I won't review the microwave here as it doesn't pertain, but it is a nice unit and works fine so far.
Stove top: this model has four bruners and a fifth oval shaped burner in the middle. this one works well for griddles or warming large roasting pans for making gravy, etc. Thesuper burner on the front right is supposed to boil water faster. While it seems to burn hotter and more intense, I didn't seem to notice a huge difference in boil times in a medium-sized pot. I will see over time if it becomes more apparent.
Oven: The range I just used for Thanksgiving and I've been cooking on it for a few weeks now. Convection does seem to make a big difference in cooking as it cooks more evenly and faster. So make sure to read the directions and plan for less cooking time or cook at a slightly lower temp.
For the Turkey I cooked on normal mode as I hadn't used convection that often and didn't want an experiment with our 20lb turkey.
So far the oven works well and the turkey came out perfect.
Cons: OK, so here are my few complaints. First, the clock is lit up in a red color (along with the microwave). Normally I like this color, but it seems out of place for some reason on a kitchen appliance.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We loved the way it cooked, oven was fine, seemed heavy duty, BUT:
Burner knobs stick in on position, won't shut off. Happens many once every 50-100 times, very unsafe. Read more
Moral of the story: Do NOT buy products from a company that is not willing to do the right thing.
Bosch/Thermador service stinks
I bought a gas unit about 2... Read more
I have had this for a year now and adore it! I use the convection for almost all oven cooking and save a lot of time and energy. Read morePublished 24 months ago by CT
Expensive and not worth a cent. The knobs are plastic and the springs on the door are not strong enough to keep the oven door closed. Read morePublished on July 12, 2013 by R. German
We bought 3 appliances from Bosch-Range, Fridge/Freezer and dishwasher. We have had major issues with all 3 and replaced the range twice before getting rid of it for a GE brand. Read morePublished on May 3, 2013 by JP
This unit is very good looking and seems durable and solid so far. It has a power burner that is enormous -- it makes no sense unless you have a huge pot or pan (at least 12" if... Read morePublished on February 28, 2013 by olliepearl