4.0 out of 5 stars Scared by reviews, pleased with my Bosch.
Pros: Overall, I'm very happy with performance on heavy duty cleaning, 1/2 the detergent, ease and very quiet. Plus I'm likely using about 1/10th of the water I was. (Really a 5 star but can't edit that)

Published on July 17, 2009 by schism

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty is as pretty does
Bosch Nexxt 300 Series Washer & Dryer
Pros: Good looks, quiet functioning, cleans clothing surprisingly well, low water usage.

Published on February 8, 2010 by Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars Scared by reviews, pleased with my Bosch., July 17, 2009
schism (New Orleans, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch Nexxt 300 Series : WFMC2201UC 27 Front Load Washer - White (Kitchen)

Cons: fairly long cycles. Not a lot of options: cold, warm, hot then baby, delicate, heavy, 2nd rinse and bleach (which it adds later in the cycle for a better job cleaning). Could see it rocking on your floor if it's not solid (but we are built up on piers--not slab)

Usually research before buying, this time I did not. Got the washer home THEN read 2 bad reviews. So for the past 3 months have been expecting poor performance and/or a breakdown. Being a natural pessimist, I watched the laundry go around with what looked like almost no water and think "bah, bad design, my clothes will never get clean"

BUT my husband's filthy clothes got amazingly clean, much cleaner than with the old top loader. Expected wadding and twisting of clothes, neither happens. Despite being told in the instructions not to open the door during the cycle, I always stop the cycle and add clothes and the machine senses it and adds more water. So maybe the lack of options are compensated by the smartness of the machine. I'm sure there are lemons, but a good thing to bear in mind is that people who are pleased with a product tend to not review it. I mean, it does what it is supposed to do, right?

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent appliance, April 14, 2008
yes it is expensive, but if you pay more up front you save more in the long run. this appliance runs as quietly as washing machines can, uses less water, less detergent, has lots of options and spins very effectively at the end of a wash cycle. about the spinning: the only note of concern is that sometimes the machine will rock whilst spinning clothes at the maximum speed (there are multiple), so you may want to brace it against something. it does not affect the clothes or anything else besides the wasted momentum, but if you did brace the washer it would be flawless.
it cleans ever so well, and you can watch your clothes tumble around on each other (no agitator to damage them).
i have never had any problems with it or its dryer counterpart. both possess easy-to-use displays and controls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Five years, no major problems, efficient, March 5, 2011
After five years seeing code E02 coming up, but washer still works fine. Cleaned out drain pump compartment, easy access, no tools required, just a rag and old toothbrush. Pros: highly efficient, good clean, far fewer problems with the septic system since going to a front loader (family of 7, lots of water use.) Cons: 1) Very low, need to raise it up. Instead of $200 "Pedestal" I bought four cinder blocks and used a spare (very thick) peice of plywood with moulding around the edges to prevent slippage - it does shift slightly over time. 2) need to prop the door open with a rag to keep the gasket dry so it doesn't grow mold. Helps to wipe door gasket out occasionally to prevent mold and grime buildup, not a big deal. Cycle time can be unpredictable, but supposedly due to sensors and machine intelligence. Normal cycle time starts out at 1:00, gets down to :50, then changes to 1:10. Overall been a good machine. Switched from decades of loyalty to Sears/Whirlpool after getting really screwed by Sears. Bought at Lowes, they delivered, installed, and took away the junk from Sears at no extra cost. The 300 doesn't have the frills of more expensive machines, but has all the features you need to get your clothes clean. "Kids Clean" cycle uses 150 degree water for tough jobs and sanitation. The 300 series doesn't have 170 degree option if you really like your clothes cooked. If you like more bells and whistles, I understand another $500 could keep you happy. If not, save the bucks and keep it simple.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, May 2, 2010
Overall I'm pretty happy with it: it cleans stuff well and hasn't broken down (5 years and counting). I have the following gripes:

1. The door often requires a good push to shut properly, otherwise it doesn't lock.
2. The machine is supposed to adjust cleaning times based on load weight but I've not noticed it do this. Perhaps it does, I've not timed it.
3. If the load is unbalanced (e.g. when I stick in my bath mat) it sometimes won't spin because it detects an unbalanced load. Instead it tries to spin and repeatedly fails and so it can take a very long time for such loads to finish up.
4. The standard spin cycle isn't long enough. I have to manually make it spin a second time before the clothes are ready for the dryer.

Overall I'm happy with it. It's robust. It hasn't damaged my clothes. It cleans them well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty is as pretty does, February 8, 2010
Bosch Nexxt 300 Series Washer & Dryer

Cons: Extremely long cycles for both washer and dryer. Is the trade off for water efficiency really worth the power it takes to run for an hour+/cycle for both washer and dryer unit (not to mention my time!)? There is no such thing as doing a quick load of laundry with this pair. Secondly, the max spin cycle can send it waltzing around the laundry room. A serviceman gave us four .50 rubber pads for the feet of the washer for a $40 service charge and they work with minor adjustments every several loads. Ugh. And lastly, and most significantly, there is a mildew odor to the machine that makes it the most offensive. I for one do not expect to clean or have someone clean my washing machine or to spend a dime on a product to eliminate mildew as was recommended by the serviceman. This is not the forever washer I had hoped to have upon ordering it and would never buy another front loader as the cons outweigh the pros. If you are doing your homework and reading this, good for you. I wish I had done so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to great washer., February 23, 2013
We purchased this washer in a set in 2004 and it still works great, for an 9 year old machine. It is still in one piece with no cracks, chunks of plastic falling off, no leaks, no stoppages, etc. For those of you worried about energy usage, watch your meter and compare the before usage against the running usage; you may surprised. Most washers are rated to last between 5 and 10 years and that rating still depends on machine care and treatment. When the time comes we'll be searching for another Bosch.

Pros:
1) It uses less water
2) It does an excellent of removing water from your clothes, which makes your drying time shorter.
3) It gets your clothes much cleaner.
4) It uses less detergent, softener, and bleach.
4) It is quieter.

Cons:
1) Balance. (this is mostly user error; loading done by my kids.) Sometimes the offset weight in the tub is loud for a few seconds when in a spin cycle. But, to be fair, that happens with most washers. (I've seen top load washers shake and jitter 2 feet away from its original spot.)

Bottom line: This machine is does as advertised. Treated with respect, care and general maintenance, this machine and any other will outlast the warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short life, March 25, 2013
I bought this in late 2009, early 2010. It's now March of 2013 and I have to replace it already. The ball bearings are shot and the parts alone cost $500 (add labor and markup to that and you can have a brand new one). I did like it while it worked, but here are some of the downsides as well:
- you have to make sure you clear everything from the door
- it beeps when it's done without a way to turn off the beeping (the dryer of the same model at least gives an option if you want it to signal or not).

I'm a light laundry user, so this machine did not see exessive use or abuse from me (it's just me and my 5-year-old daughter). Would NOT recommend. Good machines should last more than 3 years...

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY LOUD, September 14, 2014
This washer is so loud when it spins that I am afraid it is going to take off like a helicopter, a very loud helicopter. I checked to make sure it is balanced and it is. You also have to leave the door open when it isn't in use or it smells like stale water. I have a Bosch dishwasher and it is great. This thing is a mess

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good washing machine, April 10, 2009
recently brought . runs quieter and clothes are cleaner than my old top-loader.easy operation.The most I like:does not have lots of functions to choose from.saves water.Buy it ,you will like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch Nexxt 300 washer is awesome!, July 20, 2014
Lori Riley (Flower Mound, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this washer in 2008 and it has been amazing and the water bill dropped as well as how quiet it is and the spin cycle gets most of the water out so you barely will have any drying time. I highly recommend this washer! Never had an issue, never needed a service call.

Rate and Discover Movies