5.0 out of 5 stars What I would have liked to know before buying
I own this offset base, which I bought from Amazon as part of the Bosch Installer's Kit.
Bosch PR20EVSNK Colt Installers Kit 5.7 Amp 1 Hp Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router with 4 Assorted Bases and Edge Guide

Published on November 3, 2010 by AgedWireHead

3.0 out of 5 stars Well Kinda ........
Published on July 26, 2012 by M. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars What I would have liked to know before buying, November 3, 2010
AgedWireHead (Houston TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch PR004 Offset Base With Roller Guide for the Bosch Colt PR20EVSK & PR20EVSNK Palm Routers (Tools & Home Improvement)

1. This base, when mounted on a Bosch Colt handheld router, places the bit off to the side so that the bit can be maneuvered very close to vertical obstructions, reducing handwork.
2. It accomplishes this by using a cogged belt to transfer the motor's power to the offset shaft (directly under the red button in the picture.
3. It installs quickly.
4. It is well made and functions well when you use it as intended.
5. In my experience, it is best used with straight, bottom bearing guided flush trim bits, but see item 9.
6. Bit height is difficult to adjust accurately, as the bit must be manually slid up and down in the collet.
7. It is not for continuous use. But, then, I have yet to use it for more than a few minutes at a time, and I can't figure out a reason to do so.
8. It is more stable when routing edges, helping to prevent tipping, but this isn't a problem with a bottom bearing bit anyway. I recommend a larger base with handles on the base to prevent tipping (or if you have gripping issues--the following bases help with 2-hand holding):
Woodhaven 8320 Bosch Colt PR20 Bushing Plate
Bosch PR007 Side-Handle Subbase and Dust Hood
9. There is a roller guide provided with this accessory, so a bottom-bearing bit is not required. However, using the roller guide requires careful positioning of the router and careful planning to make sure the position stays consistent throughout the cut. A little too fussy for me to want to do it very often if I don't have to.

I love the Bosch Colt handheld router system. It is all quality, and it all works well when used as explained in the instructions. It has many accessories. Hopefully you can read the reviews at each accessory and get a good idea of what you can do with each one before you buy it. I have been surprised that I can use this router and its accessories to quickly perform tasks that (1) must otherwise be performed by hand; (2) would require significant jigs and set up with a larger router; or (3) that I would otherwise just avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory for the Bosch Colt Router!!!, March 10, 2008
We've used the Dewalt offset router base...plastic parts fall off! We've used Porter Cable's offset router base...parts get hot!!! The Bosch Colt trim router with the off set base has been a great combination so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is designed for., January 27, 2009
This is the only way that I know of that allows you to rout close to an obstruction.

My one criticism is that you can change the cutter depth only by moving the bit up or down in the chuck.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well Kinda ........, July 26, 2012
I like the off-set for getting into tight areas that this base was designed for. BUT due to poor QC I had to cut away on the plastic part that surrounds the collet lock just to get the latch to close. Come on Bosch, bad enough the base plate on my Colt was broken on arrival (replaced with a phone call.Thanks guys). But this was ridiculous. I should NEVER EVER have to repair/modify a brand new tool just to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, January 3, 2014
it does what it is supposed to do what more can I say...... bosch has always been a good tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Offset base for Bosch, November 4, 2013
Works great for solid surface cove light weight and quiet . Thought the belt might have failed but its doing fine

5.0 out of 5 stars GAMBLE PAYED OFF!, May 2, 2013
I'm from the Philippines and I'm having a hard time getting accessories for
my power tools that's why I ordered it from amazon. I made a gamble since
the unit I owned is a Bosch GMR-1 Laminate Trimmer (the Asian equivalent
of the Bosch Colt Palm Router without the variable speed) I don't really
know if it will perfectly fit my unit, but what do you know! it really did!

2.0 out of 5 stars I used this a total of 3 times and the ..., September 9, 2014
Matthew Murphy (Lafayette, Colorado) - See all my reviews
I used this a total of 3 times and the wheels came off. Is not expensive, and I can see why. I have 6 of these routers and most of them work well, though half of them the spindle lock button does not work. I was expecting this off set base to last at least 10 uses, but no.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not usable upon arrival, September 15, 2011
This item arrived with an incorrect component part and was not usable. I contacted Bosch (800 #) and they said "this happens". They agreed to ship me a correct part and a week later it arrived.

Not what I expect from Amazon or Bosch.