Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on December 6, 2012
The Bosch Colt is a remarkable little router that most of us find can do a lot more than you would first conclude. The only thing missing was a plunge base-and here it is. Mine was a bit stiff at first but it ehibits all the usual Bosch attributes: nice workmanship and quality materials.
If you own a Bosch Colt I can't see how you will resist adding this base. It turns your Colt into a whole new tool.

For me, this was a no-brainer (as the kids say)
on December 6, 2012
Fits the Bosch Colt PR20EVS and operates smoothly. Comfortable to use and expands the capabilities of the Colt. Compares well on features and smoothness with Bosch plunger bases for the full size routers.
VINE VOICEon February 5, 2014
While not the paragon of accuracy, this is a really great little plunge base for a really great little router. It slides very smoothly and the lock lever works extremely well for something at this size and price point--when it's locked, it's locked. I can imagine severe vibration *maybe* making it jump up at some point, but so far, that hasn't happened. It stays put and there's no play whatsoever.

The turret stops are great, but the depth gauge is a little difficult to fiddle with and its markings are too thick to be especially accurate. It's not a Festool, so you'll want to keep measuring the bit coming out of the base for those 64th inch adjustments on important pieces.

Centering is good but not flawless as shipped. My single biggest gripe with Bosch routers in general is that they never provide you with the tools necessary to re-center their bases, but you're still getting a lot of bang for your buck here. I'm not sure I'll ever want to bother pulling my bigger router out of the table again.
on June 17, 2015
I have only used it a few times but it makes my little Colt much more useful. Since I have two Colts I just keep one on this base and the other in the box on the truck. It is easy to set up and handle, unlike my big production router with a plunge base. With this base on my Colt I can see when I spend more time in the shop (instead of on site) it will be my go to router for the smaller and mid size jobs like sign making.
review image
on April 17, 2013
I've been waiting for this product to be released for quite some time. The base is well made and works as it should. Very smooth operation. No issues with it so far. The Colt is a great little router and with all of the accessories Bosch makes it's one of the most versatile.
on January 30, 2013
I have needed a small plunge router for a long time and have used the bosch colt without it BUT the time had come to take the PLUNGE literally. I have the angled base as well and love to use this little router. I build guitars and need to be able to rout a saddle slot with a plunge function. I f I don't i get little turn outs at the ends of the slot. I have used my porter cable 2 hp router but it is very heavy and harder to control.
I have used this router on two saddle lots now and it has worked great. My slots look close to perfect now and the lighter weight but still significant horse power is just the ticket. I actually like the depth adjustment better on this base. The PC is more fancy but frankly doesn't hold very well. The colt one does hold.
The only reason for not getting 5 stars is that the chuck lock is very hard to get at with the plunge base installed. I have to use the big end of a chop stick to get the lock to push in all the way.
The overall build quality on initial use of this base is definitely superior to a lot of other such tools out there.
on June 3, 2014
Bosch seems to hold this tool quite dear, and have set the price to match their affection for it. Amazon's price was the best I came across for this base after very thorough investigation, so I do feel confident I got the best price possible. I just think Bosch sees the Colt router as a great product (and I enthusiastically agree!) and has therefore set a premium price on accessories.

Overall, this plunge base is solid, sturdy and easy to use.
on November 18, 2013
It's made by Bosch so it's got to be good... right? It does not disappoint. It almost seems overkill for the Colt. The plunge is not very smooth and I'm hoping the stiffness will work out as I use it. Perhaps the lubricant is heavy and contributing to the stickiness.
The thumb lever lock is a clever and useful design. Much easier than most plunge router bases.
on May 18, 2016
This base has all the features of plunge bases for much bigger routers. This base gives a good secure grip on the Colt while providing the plunge features. It doesn't have as much vertical adjustment in the sleeve as the fixed but the plunge mechanism makes up for it. It doesn't fit in the case that comes with the Colt fixed version
on August 12, 2014
AT LAST! I've been using and loving my Bosch Colt for several years. It does everything you could want, need and expect from a 1/4" palm router - except make plunge cuts. So imagine my delight when I learned that a plunge base was available. I had an immediate need for the plunge capability as I was in the process of making a clamping jig that needed a 1/4" hole arced through a 3/4" MDF base. I ordered the plunge base from Amazon and invested in a circle-cutting jig from another source that claimed compatibility with the Bosch Colt. The whole assemblage worked to absolute perfection. The plunge mechanism works delightfully smoothly, the depth stop system is easy to set up, and with the addition of the Bosch shopvac hose attachment and a good 1/4" upcut bit, there was not a speck of dust after the process. Three cheers for Bosch! Better late than never. I now look forward to a whole new range of options for using my trusty Colt.